Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Does the transfer embargo include *outgoing* transfers?

Can't comply with PSR rules if the Authorities won't allow you raise money through sales.

Screenshot_20240322_171356_DuckDuckGo.jpg.d05ba38d0cc1de2fcc060d55f4a86997.jpg

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I hate all this ‘victim mentality’ from the club and some fans alike. 

I mean it’s not without justification. This is a punishment being enacted before guilt is determined. The EFL have tried to hammer LCFC because they suspect the club will fail P&S at the end of this current season. This punishment does seem premature, which is exactly what the club said.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Christ that statement is the pits.

Zero accountability from the club to acknowledge they've done anything wrong and a fan base who applauded a team off the pitch for getting relegated. Pathetic state of affairs. 

Back to YouTube and 15/16 for me before I became indifferent to this shambles. 

I’m sorry but there isn’t a single club on the planet that would do that in at this point in the process, especially after the EFL just lost the last case. 

Edited by The_77
Grammar
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think it is more a case of we are guilty, but they have overlooked the fact the accountancy period is not over and we could still sell before it closes to solve  the issue?

It’s almost like they’re backing us into a corner, forcing us to breach P&S.

It’s likely we were planning to sell players in June so that by the end of the month we’d come closer to balancing the books.  But with a transfer embargo hanging over us, it would be risky to sell, knowing that we couldn’t sign anyone.  So we potentially end up keeping players, thereby breaching P&S. 

Just now, The_77 said:

I’m sorry but there isn’t a single club on the planet that would do that in at this point in the process, especially after the EFL just lost the last case. 

The last and highly-relevant case, I might add. 

Just now, Gamble92 said:

You won't find a bigger critic of the club than me for the past few years and I like a few others were calling it out when things were all smiles on the surface with Brendan. 

That doesn't mean you can't see the complete injustice in the way the rules target a select few who dare to challenge the elite. 

There’s plenty of fans that will totally ignore this. Majority of the ones that constantly moan about anything and everything. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

how can we be put under transfer embargo when not found guilty of anything? it not innocent till proven guilty?

That's what the club are saying in response to EFL. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Qwerty said:

It’s almost like they’re backing us into a corner, forcing us to breach P&S.

It’s likely we were planning to sell players in June so that by the end of the month we’d come closer to balancing the books.  But with a transfer embargo hanging over us, it would be risky to sell, knowing that we couldn’t sign anyone.  So we potentially end up keeping players, thereby breaching P&S. 

Not certain it’s true, that is just how I read it. It would hamstring us as selling to meet the requirements would mean selling at discount prices. We can sign free agents and get loans I think someone said, so it’s not the end of the world.(just as we know it)

Guest Col city fan

I’m sure this is going to hit many other clubs when they produce their financial reports next December time, but it does again show how badly we’ve been run for too long.

This is why I balked at hearing that players such as Amartey were allegedly earning 60k per week. Bertrand 75k per week etc etc.

Really really average footballers (or crocks) who had been signed or re-signed by the club on stupid money.

Makes me wonder how much we are paying Soutter and Faes for instance.

Since the title winning campaign, something has gone drastically awry at LCFC. Possibly linked to  Vichai’s sad death. 
I know we are mounting a legal challenge but it looks like it’ll be futile this time. And to go up and start a Premiership campaign on minus points would be farcical 

Just now, Bert said:

Would love it if we win the league and refuse to let them come to the ground against Blackburn. 

Just hold up tinfoil trophies from the crowd lol

Just now, Bert said:

I love how everyone is just going in on the club. But not batting an eyelid that the EFL have tried to do us dirty. lol 

Seems there is enough sh*t to go around in this case. Worst pass the parcel ever.

16 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

how can we be put under transfer embargo when not found guilty of anything? it not innocent till proven guilty?

14 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

That’s what I’m confused about

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think it is more a case of we are guilty, but they have overlooked the fact the accountancy period is not over and we could still sell before it closes to solve  the issue?

it’s standard procedure for efl to put clubs in special measures if they expect the club to break psr by a substantial amount and potentially they consider the club should not spend any money to protect its future. It’s posturing but it’s justifiable imo.  Ordinarily the club and the efl would be talking about the situation, giving their budgets and intentions. But it’s clear we aren’t on speaking terms !

12 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Can't comply with PSR rules if the Authorities won't allow you raise money through sales.

No

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

I love how everyone is just going in on the club. But not batting an eyelid that the EFL have tried to do us dirty. lol 

Fully agree here, even if we have done wrong. Either one of the leagues will likely get us in the end but we’re absolutely right to push back, especially at the EFL, who we’ve already beaten once. Now it looks like they are trying stunts to force us into PSR failure after they’ve already been told that a relevant rule does not apply to us. 

Edited by The_77
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

No. It’s registration of new players. 

15 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

This again suggests proper procedure not followed 

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's what the club are saying in response to EFL. 

The EFL wouldn’t be charging us without very good reason to do so. Don’t forget we’ve not seen the accounts yet - doesn’t mean the PL and EFL haven’t. The EFL aren’t stupid enough to levy an embargo without a reason. Now technically Leicester may be right - while they don’t appear to be contesting the breach, they are contesting the timing. 

in the end it doesn’t really matter - A huge fallout is coming for a club that has financially mismanaged itself on an epic scale. Leicester can legally delay the inevitable - but they won’t stop it. They know they are in a huge mess