Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Only if he rejected offers for players that were above what was left on the book value of such players, otherwise it would have been a loss and increased our defecit.

Would we have not got the money in straight away and then left the losses for amortisation? Like overall its a loss but that immediate cash injection keeps us in line with PRS rules? 

I could be talking out my hoop though.

Guest Col city fan
7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’d imagined he’s said we haven’t denied it. Which is the case, but we don’t actually have to just yet. Or offer mitigating circumstances, which I’m sure we will. 

In laymen’s terms, you give your full defence when brought to court. Not when the police officer knocks on your door and puts you in handcuffs.

That makes more sense Babs tbf. Cheers 👍

Edited by Col city fan

5 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

EFL and PL love extending punishments for frivolous appeals, so you’d hope the reverse would be true too!

What a farce lol football is eating itself.

Judging by the last panel decision the league had Lionel Hutz defending them, and we had Johnnie Cochran (aware he’s actually dead).

I get the feeling we might have been planning all of this for some time. Going back to extending our accounting period last year.

• Like 2

Bit off topic but I think the whole rotten edifice of football government needs challenging. For example you can criticise the PM or the King but woe betide a manager who calls a ref incompetent. Big fat fine and charged for bringing game into disrepute. Free speech? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I hate all this ‘victim mentality’ from the club and some fans alike. 

I hate victim mentality too, but I don't think many are showing that.

What i'm gauging is most people seem to be of the opinion holding their hands up and say the club have done wrong, they (the club) and/or someone needs to be accountable.

And the club rightly or wrongly seems to be hell bent on fighting it.

Where I am is, I think we have broke rules and are guilty, to some extent, the club is serious need of a root and branch reform - they have had numerous repeated failures within a short space of time becoming all the more regular, their internal investigation I can only assume was a series of backslapping and self admiration.

However, there are other clubs that have done a lot worse in comparison to what we're being alleged, two wrongs don't make a right and it's no excuse for us to plead our innocence, but I am here for the club fighting it in terms of lets have some fair punishment across the board with transparency as opposed to them literally making the rules up as they go along.

Fair enough our wage bill was the 7th highest in the Premier League but we've generally bought on a budget and sold for high values, we were thought at one time to be the "model club/business", I don't see many clubs going a summer not buying anyone until they make a high sale as we did in 22/23 - not that even a multitude of signings would have saved us under that stewardship, how we've supposedly failed so much more that other clubs is beyond me.

For those reasons i'm fairly relaxed many other will fail, many others will, eventually, be punished, but why we're amongst the first in the dock I cannot fathom, what then concerns me is the talk of rules changing in the summer. So only a few clubs will be punished now then the rules change and other get away? Nah.

Ultimately if Man City can prolong their cases using lawyers, then why can't we.

As I said in the Atmosphere thread last night, I don't wanna see anyone pissing and whining victim mentality like Everton fans, I don't wanna see any "woe is me", "they're out to get us", "they hate us" attitudes and I certainly don't want to see any of those pathetic pink "Corrupt" signs, I agree, it is corrupt, it's a closed shop and anything to protect the establishment - Doesn't mean the pink signs are pathetic though, but I do wanna see a siege mentality from here on in, I wanna see us go back to our pre 2017 (circa) "No Fucks Given" attitude, a "Fuck You" attitude to anyone in our way, very different and not to be construed in any way as a victim mentality.

• Like 1

Seems strange that the EFL have acted when we're still in the accounting period for the current term.

One of the parties has taken a misstep. Clearly Leicester feels it's the EFL and EPL. 

This will get very interesting 

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Judging by the last panel decision the league had Lionel Hutz defending them, and we had Johnnie Cochran (aware he’s actually dead).

I get the feeling we might have been planning all of this for some time. Going back to extending our accounting period last year.

What benefit would that give the club? Ie holding back the financial records till now? I think Jordan again said we’d done that because we KNEW we’d be hit hard and would have to sell players in the Jan transfer window just gone ((and we didn’t want to)). Fascinating all this legal stuff tbf

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Season?

We could have our own series.

I think a never ending soap opera like Coronation Street or Emerdale.

I think all we need is a serial killer to be working for the club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What benefit would that give the club? Ie holding back the financial records till now? I think Jordan again said we’d done that because we KNEW we’d be hit hard and would have to sell players in the Jan transfer window just gone ((and we didn’t want to)). Fascinating all this legal stuff tbf

We I presume are just trying to avoid any punishment for this season. Going up, taking the money, resetting the squad with all the out of contract players, knowing we come down again with cash in the bank to have a go at promotion again (or by a miracle, staying up).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Gonna be interesting if the rules are changed before Man City and Chelsea are charged

Talk of changes to rules being as soon as this summer which is why i'm asking the question are there only going to be Everton, Forest and us in breach of the current rules and everyone else escapes come the rule change in the summer?

In which case is that why we're fighting the charges so viscerally and stalling any challenge?

It could be argued we're under investigation and having charges hanging over us under the 'old rules' but so do Man City, punish them, dare you.

Edited by Matt

35 minutes ago, Blackstarr said:

The EFL wouldn’t be charging us without very good reason to do so. Don’t forget we’ve not seen the accounts yet - doesn’t mean the PL and EFL haven’t. The EFL aren’t stupid enough to levy an embargo without a reason. Now technically Leicester may be right - while they don’t appear to be contesting the breach, they are contesting the timing. 

in the end it doesn’t really matter - A huge fallout is coming for a club that has financially mismanaged itself on an epic scale. Leicester can legally delay the inevitable - but they won’t stop it. They know they are in a huge mess 

Brushing over the fact have already trying to enforce a rule which they shouldn't and lost to us in an appeal.

The leagues are as poorly ran as the clubs.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

Gonna be interesting if the rules are changed before Man City and Chelsea are charged

I would be shocked if they are still place when they are charged, in a way I hope they aren't because the uproar and anger amongst fans who don't support the "big 6" would be beyond anything the Premier league could cope with, would be hilarious 

• Like 1

I am sure that all of this must be an abuse of process somewhere!

Let’s pick on the Leicesters, Everton’s and Forests of the World and ignore Chelsea Man City, United, Newcastle Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs! All have questionable ownerships!  

Plus Forest are owned by an international drug dealer!

The premier league don’t have the bottle to take on any if those scummy teams! 

This is our payback for winning the league and employing idiots like Lee Congerton! Who signed shit players and gave them huge contracts!

Anyway at least we invested in a decent training facility! We are going to depend on those kids coming through now unless we win our legal challenges!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iann1982 said:

Seems strange that the EFL have acted when we're still in the accounting period for the current term.

One of the parties has taken a misstep. Clearly Leicester feels it's the EFL and EPL. 

This will get very interesting 

This is exactly it from what I read a while ago. The Prem rules and EFL rules atr not aligned which seems stupid on somebody's behalf.

I think if i remember it right the Prem were looking for financial info which we claimed they wer'nt entitled to, As we're not a Prem Club anymore.

It went to legal arbitration and we won the case on the grounds I've stated above.

I'm sure we rightly pissed off the Premiership and they wan't revenge against us.

3 minutes ago, Parker Pen said:

I am sure that all of this must be an abuse of process somewhere!

Let’s pick on the Leicesters, Everton’s and Forests of the World and ignore Chelsea Man City, United, Newcastle Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs! All have questionable ownerships!  

Plus Forest are owned by an international drug dealer!

The premier league don’t have the bottle to take on any if those scummy teams! 

This is our payback for winning the league and employing idiots like Lee Congerton! Who signed shit players and gave them huge contracts!

Anyway at least we invested in a decent training facility! We are going to depend on those kids coming through now unless we win our legal challenges!

Eight sentences!

And every one has an exclamation mark!

Good post!

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Talk of changes to rules being as soon as this summer which is why i'm asking the question are there only going to be Everton, Forest and us in breach of the current rules and everyone else escapes come the rule change in the summer?

I think the change of rules is more to align them maybe with a few tweaks so as they can act regardless of what league you are in.