Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 hour ago, Blackstarr said:

Have you adjusted the allowable losses for Covid? Also there are losses that can be offset (academy costs, development etc) Not as straightforward as just looking at the P&L. They’ve probably gone for us first cos we’ve breached it by a country mile 

Leeds have a net spend of  200 million on transfers summer 2020 

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

I’m generally not a conspiracist but this is the PL exacting revenge for us winning the league. That shook the financial establishment behind football to their core as they realised they could never guarantee shareholders of established clubs endless supplies of free money if upstart clubs could take them on.

The Super League failed, so the new strategy is to use “FFP” to take down clubs with wealthy owners. They’ll tread water over Man City and Chelsea until they’re certain there’s noone who can leapfrog them. 

If they actually wanted fair competition, it’s as simple as a salary cap and absolute limits on transfer expenditure that are the same for all clubs.

Not just us but it was becoming a bit of a level playing field imo, a lot of less supported clubs where able to spend big money on better players with better scouting and not buying players just for sponsorships etc, look at Man United they have become a pretty average team and the Prem can't handle it then you have sky pushing these big 6 clubs as they have the most viewing figures etc.. one big sham

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 hour ago, K789 said:

Looks like our boy nick de marco is the top guy in the country. 

He’s literally the only person who’s got any experience with these cases. Who do you think is defending Man City 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Would we have not got the money in straight away and then left the losses for amortisation? Like overall its a loss but that immediate cash injection keeps us in line with PRS rules? 

I could be talking out my hoop though.

No, it hits the year in which the sale occurs.

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

What’s sad and pathetic is how viciously both the EPL and EFL are pursuing us…….like a dog with two dicks at crufts. It’s just a depressing situation in modern football.

Might be because of the stunts we've pulled in the past? We've brought this on ourselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

What’s sad and pathetic is how viciously both the EPL and EFL are pursuing us…….like a dog with two dicks at crufts. It’s just a depressing situation in modern football.

It is seems a bit bizarre they (EPL/EFL) do it now, at the business end of the season - when it potentially undermines the league competition.

That said there are not many of us who can say we are that surprised we are in this mess, especially when the leadership of the football finances side of the business has been a car wreck for a good while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K789 said:

Looks like our boy nick de marco is the top guy in the country. 

My amazing lawyer fiends says Blackstone are as good as it gets.  🤞🤞🤞🤞 

The 20/21 choice not to sell anyone and trust Rodgers wholeheartedly was a horrific decision by our ownership.

It’s totally normal to feel aggrieved about the governance of this while thinking our board is a joke. Both of those things at play have really tripped us up. 

• Like 1

I don't really understand why the EFL think they have any right to punish us after less than a year back in one of their divisions. Less than a season, even. It smacks of a desperate little boy trying to impress Daddy so he gets his pocket money and (maybe, just maybe) one day the respect he's never been shown before now.

The PL breach, I "get" more, and blame the board for.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Might be because of the stunts we've pulled in the past? We've brought this on ourselves.

We’ve made mistakes, but you’ll probably find 80% of the PL, have. We tried to keep pace with our success, and they want to hang us for it? 

Everton who budgeted to finish in the top 6 didn’t, so surely they’re more of an offender than we are, we’ve actually had success and have been punished for it, off the back of two poor seasons. 

I just find it a bit ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I don't really understand why the EFL think they have any right to punish us after less than a year back in one of their divisions. Less than a season, even. It smacks of a desperate little boy trying to impress Daddy so he gets his pocket money and (maybe, just maybe) one day the respect he's never been shown before now.

The PL breach, I "get" more, and blame the board for.

We also had a net spend of +62m this summer, so it’s quite obvious that they’ve imposed this now that we made them look silly with the business plan loophole. Fully expect dodgy refs for 9 games.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just to be absolutely clear, I have absolutely no confidence in any refereeing performance in the remaining 9 games.

Urgh. It’s going to be awful isn’t it…

Clearly the EFL are absolutely desperate to sanction us. First, the desire to impose business plan, and now, embargoing us before the 23/24 season (accounting period) is even finished and when we've only spent several months in their league and have the ability to sell at the end of the season to try and comply. 

Seems to me there is still a dislike of us and want to punish us from 2013/14 and, going further back, 2002.

We have been managed woefully for the last few years. We shouldn't get distracted from the horror signings and bloated wage bill, which are both a big contributing factor to the current situation.

Nevertheless, the way we are also being treated and the way the rules are purporting to shaft ambitious teams is also something that needs addressing and combatting.

A riveting few months ahead...

• Like 3

This shit would explain our dip in form, as those at the club including the playing and coaching staff would have know this was coming.

Like someone mentioned in an earlier post watch the refereeing decisions go against us.

25 minutes ago, KFS said:

We also had a net spend of +62m this summer, so it’s quite obvious that they’ve imposed this now that we made them look silly with the business plan loophole. Fully expect dodgy refs for 9 games.

Maddison was sold in 2022/23 it is believed, therefore our net spend was about £13m.

3 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Not saying you’re not right, but do you know of other examples where embargoes have been placed before they’ve proven the charges?

not the same scenario as us but embargo placed before efl knew the details of the accounts 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/12/efl-place-burnley-under-transfer-embargo-after-late-accounts-submission

• Like 1

Please, this isn’t some conspiracy against LCFC. We’ve caused this ourself by poor leadership decisions. We are not some super team the league/authorities care that much about. 

The “we don’t want too many Leicester City’s” is not very hard to control that it needs some hidden agenda 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just to be absolutely clear, I have absolutely no confidence in any refereeing performance in the remaining 9 games.

Something our fans can get behind and revel in no doubt