Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

80% of the PL haven't breached PSR, I don't see what the confusion is here or the injustice.

If I could be arsed the level of double standards from some posters on here about our predicament compared to their uproar at Everton is something else.

There was a comment on TS yesterday evening that probably 80% of the PL have broken psr

i expect it was just a throw away line but it seems to have become fact in here !

• Like 1

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

Can’t believe what I’m reading. This has nothing to do with Leicester winning the Premier League.

Grow up. 

I’m afraid your rowing against a considerable tide with that 

Of course the authorities who hated us and were out to get us then allowed us to win the fa cup - surely they could have found some dodgy ref calls in the 1/4 final or final ?  how difficult would it have been for var to disallow youri’s winning goal for ayo’s use of the arm ??

No one is arguing that ffp protects the rich clubs.  It may well not have been thought up to do so but it was clear that it would do this once people looked at the mechanics of it.  why on earth wouldn’t those clubs want to maintain it and their position. None of them want a Newcastle spending a billion quid in two seasons to ensconce themselves in that top 4 at one of their expense.   I’m pretty sure that we voted with the rich six to give them a larger share of global tv revenues a few season ago.  You can hardly point at the unfairness of the financial constraints of ffp when you’re voting with the rich six to make the other fourteen poorer! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I don't really understand why the EFL think they have any right to punish us after less than a year back in one of their divisions. Less than a season, even. It smacks of a desperate little boy trying to impress Daddy so he gets his pocket money and (maybe, just maybe) one day the respect he's never been shown before now.

The PL breach, I "get" more, and blame the board for.

The EFL are projecting that in 23/24 there will be a overspend I can’t find the details immediately but I believe they are projecting an overspend of £83 million 

Initially they wanted a business plan to be submitted in October 23 . The infamous case that Leicester won wasn’t bout the right of EFL to ask for such a plan but the timing. 
I would imagine the passing of-the 1st March is a key point 

Take the points deduction now . Will still likely  go up through the play offs and start next season with clean slate .

If we go up and start next season minus six and not able to strengthen we may as well stay down anyway and avoid the misery . 

6 minutes ago, henry56 said:

Take the points deduction now . Will still likely  go up through the play offs and start next season with clean slate .

If we go up and start next season minus six and not able to strengthen we may as well stay down anyway and avoid the misery . 

Why couldn’t we strengthen ? 

Haven't  read a single post on this so please shout me down if I'm wrong. 

It looks to me like we are royally ****ed.  Now someone or some people have to carry the can for that. For 8 years we have slowly walked into this mess. Pre title win there was a structure.  Post title it seems to me a shot in the dark, gung ho . Previous we signed up coming players (gambles like marhez and vardy) for peanuts.  Drinkwater who suited how we played. Huth and Simpson,  seasoned reliable pros. 

We have now become like a young chap that's won the euros. Splashing cash on cheap tarts and cocaine.  Stupid money being paid to average players. Ridiculous contracts being handed out. Brendan not getting sacked 12 months previous.  Surely there needs to be some big questions  asked and accountability or have we become some rich kids plaything?

Time to step up top and show youŕe  capable of running things 

Don't think we'll  be paying anyone a euro win from now on.Basicly we're  ****ed and deserve to be ,how we've been  run by Top Rudkin  Whelan and the rest of em.Could a mid championship  ,top half league one over the few years and deserve to be,so thanks Top Rudkin etc👍

44 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What's the @Foxes_Trust stance on this?

36 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

"Triffic. Carry on. x"

23 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

"Just leave him hun he's not worth it xxoxx"

8k7rc5.jpg

Paav168.png

*Not trying to be mean to anyone here (except the Mercury headline writing AI Bot) lol, just couldn't resist the meme-ability

• Haha 2

I love how our statement yesterday alludes to the PL stifling our “ambition”….

These the same mother****ers who:

1. allowed a **** who was begging to be sacked to continually run us down last year;

2. Spent ridiculously in January window on 3 unproven players and one not being a goalkeeper despite the whole league knowing that was the major  position we needed to cover.

3. Replacing a generational talent in Fofana with a mediocre bomb scare who was so shocked by a move to the PL he admitted he burst into tears. 
4. Sacking the **** with no plan B. 
5. Allowing a rat bastard who gave away wayward back passes, mostly with the captains armband on and then walk out of this club for free while dropping a shit Instagram video.

6. To top it all off, Top wanting to throw a gang bang, free BJ for all, bouncy castle party on our pitch after the worst relegation in history. To say “thank you” to same rat bastards who couldn’t get out fast enough.

Where was the ambition then Mr Chairman, Mr Board ? Do me a favour. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I love how our statement yesterday alludes to the PL stifling our “ambition”….

These the same mother****ers who:

1. allowed a **** who was begging to be sacked to continually run us down last year;

2. Spent ridiculously in January window on 3 unproven players and one not being a goalkeeper despite the whole league knowing that was the major  position we needed to cover.

3. Replacing a generational talent in Fofana with a mediocre bomb scare who was so shocked by a move to the PL he admitted he burst into tears. 
4. Sacking the **** with no plan B. 
5. Allowing a rat bastard who gave away wayward back passes, mostly with the captains armband on and then walk out of this club for free while dropping a shit Instagram video.

6. To top it all off, Top wanting to throw a gang bang, free BJ for all, bouncy castle party on our pitch after the worst relegation in history. To say “thank you” to same rat bastards who couldn’t get out fast enough.

Where was the ambition then Mr Chairman, Mr Board ? Do me a favour. 

Our ambition died with Vichai

• Like 1

You could forgive the club for going for it in that summer we didn’t make a sale and signed vesty etc. yes they were bad signings but that’s on the recruitment, not the board. However, what isn’t acceptable is putting those players and others on massive contracts we couldn’t afford. What also isn’t acceptable is blaming the PL and EFL for being punished when ultimately they are just enforcing the laws that we and others voted for. It’s the lack of accountability and victimhood that we are portraying that pisses me off. Yes the PL and EFL are out to get us but ask yourself why. It’s not about corruption or us winning the league, it’s all our own downfall. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Please, this isn’t some conspiracy against LCFC. We’ve caused this ourself by poor leadership decisions. We are not some super team the league/authorities care that much about. 

The “we don’t want too many Leicester City’s” is not very hard to control without some hidden agenda 

We’re also not the reason for too much money in the game.

2 hours ago, Trent Steel said:

When are they going to charge Manc City with the 115 breaches they have, or is that totally different?

No excuses for how the powers that be are dragging their feet on this but its a much more complex case,  covering a multitude of different charges over a multitude of years under different regulatory frameworks. 

So in summary  I suppose you'd say it is totally different.

The quantum of their alleged breaches should really see them chucked out the league if proven but they'll probably just end up with a fine...

6 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

No excuses for how the powers that be are dragging their feet on this but its a much more complex case,  covering a multitude of different charges over a multitude of years under different regulatory frameworks. 

So in summary  I suppose you'd say it is totally different.

The quantum of their alleged breaches should really see them chucked out the league if proven but they'll probably just end up with a fine...

It’s literally been 10 years since the first infraction, it’s a joke 

As an aside the sale of tin foil hats must have gone through the roof in the Leicester area in the last few days.

I think we can all agree FFP/PSR is designed to maintain the status Quo but we have been scandalously mismanaged off the pitch by a bunch of absolute morons over the last few years, fully aware of what the rules were.

The levels of paranoia on this thread are scary.

I know a good psychiatrist if anyone is looking for a referral for some Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

Edited by Brizzle Fox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

As an aside the sale of tin foil hats must have gone through the roof in the Leicester area in the last few days.

I think we can all agree FFP/PSR is designed to maintain the status Quo but we have been scandalously mismanaged off the pitch by a bunch of absolute morons over the last few years, fully aware of what the rules were.

The levels of paranoia on this thread are scary.

I know a good psychiatrist if anyone is looking for a referral for some Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

Good post … worth repeating 😃