Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Some on here seem to be revelling in this. In the same way that the slavering Neanderthals start moaning the moment Winks plays a short pass. 

If we’ve done wrong, punish us. Simple as that. But have some consistency. As long as the process is fair and transparent, I’ll take whatever punishment our actions deserve. 

Having said all that, if someone gave fans of most clubs the opportunity to go through this Kafkaesque legal rigmarole in exchange for the 10 years we’ve had, they’d bit their hands off. 

We’re Icarus. We flew too close to the sun and ended up drowning but let’s face it, soaring towards it was a total blast. We weren’t helped by Rudkin applying beeswax and advising us it was sun-resistant though. 

• Like 4

Is some w*nker doing a 'Leicester 'Till I Die' documentary? What mess, we have become.

Always knew the PL win would come with an anticlimax. but this has come hard and fast. Really do not understand how we have let the wage structuce go absolutely bananas, as it seems most of our problems stems from this. 

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Absolutely.

I cannot believe that some people are actually saying, “It’s our fault - let’s just take our punishment.” Do they really trust the PL and EFL to act as honest brokers in this? Do they think they’ll treat us fairly? Are they completely insane?! Of course we must fight it every inch of the way. 

1 hour ago, kenny said:

Is that confirmed as yet? I know there are suspicions by the league that we have, but is it more about the arguments about what can or cannot be written off in psr terms?

I get the impression that our argument is that we have complied but it's dodgy ground Everton style.

PL have alleged it and they’ve never wrong on the PSR calculation argument to date. Everton and Forest both admitted that. We’ve entirely focused on the argument about what organisation is to punish us. 

LCFC are holding onto the accounts as along as they can because I suspect it will weaken their position of support from LCFC fans. 

We are getting punished whatever 

Hire the best Lawyers and fight this all the way - look for abuse process arguments. The biggest being that the Premier League and EFL keep changing the rules. There must be time limit breaches and also the guilty until proved innocent Transfer Embargo slapped on us.

These rules designed to make things fair will cause the demise of many more clubs than it seeks to protect.

Also  either ther are too many amateurs within the Boardroom at Leicester who are far too complacent and casual. Or nibodu is empowered to make any decisions without Top or Whelan or Rudkin giving it the go ahead. Not signing Adrian Silva is a great example of this.

The other thing is that King Power and Top are used to operating under different business rules in South East Asia.

18 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Absolutely.

I cannot believe that some people are actually saying, “It’s our fault - let’s just take our punishment.” Do they really trust the PL and EFL to act as honest brokers in this? Do they think they’ll treat us fairly? Are they completely insane?! Of course we must fight it every inch of the way. 

We’ve broken the rules.

The argument we are making is what authority punish us. 

Whatever happens that PSR calculation is near certain to break the £105m limit. 

This is all postering to delay. 

16 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Absolutely.

Why didn’t we begin this fight against these wholly unfair rules until we failed them ?

We spent almost a decade in the PL. we suffered in the championship before that 

was there a period where we felt somewhat protected by psr ourselves - whilst we turned over 200m+ and clubs historically larger were unable to do that.  Villa couldn’t spend what we were spending because they couldn’t generate the on field income that we were.  They had wealthier owners than us.  Did we spent a few years thinking that psr was protecting our place between the rich six and the others.   

there must be a reason why we didn’t challenge the rules with big shot lawyers whilst we were actually sitting at the top table and infact not far from the top of it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

PL have alleged it and they’ve never wrong on the PSR calculation argument to date. Everton and Forest both admitted that. We’ve entirely focused on the argument about what organisation is to punish us. 

LCFC are holding onto the accounts as along as they can because I suspect it will weaken their position of support from LCFC fans. 

We are getting punished whatever 

I very much doubt they are bother about that.

It's more to do kicking the can down the road ad trying to make that delay work in our favour.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

We’ve broken the rules.

I imagine you're right, but this is also to either delay until our league position is determined, or to try and wriggle out of any immediate issues. 

Charged in championship, but then in Prem can we still be punished etc 

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

We’ve broken the rules.

Confirmed by anyone or just ITK?

Just to reiterate my stance, I wholeheartedly believe it’s time for Rudkin to go, whether it’s time for King Power to go is debatable. To fail these measures is 100% on the club. 

However the measure of £105m losses set in 2013 now actually equates to £150.8m and that isn’t taking into account football inflation, in addition the club owner has to underwrite £90m of the permitted £105m so further brings into question is this to protect clubs from unscrupulous owners or just a way of restricting ambition. 

Surely the better way to administer and protect clubs is to make the owner accountable for 100% of any losses and therefore they can be ambitious and overspend but it is purely at the discretion and out of the pocket of the owner(s) 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Absolutely.

Agree with this. Like the law. Not only should justice be done but justice must be seen to be done. The EFL has already overstepped its authority concerning Leicester. If everything is followed correctly and we get done then so be it. If there is a rush to judgment and corners cut then this is not good enough and it is entirely right we should exploit loopholes etc

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Is that what we are arguing? I haven’t seen the cases we’ve brought but it sounded like we were just fighting their rights to get involved at this moment in time, not ambitions.

This is what I was posting yesterday. The implication is that we haven’t ’fessed up’ to anything (ie have not tried to argue any mitigating factors in our favour) and are hitting the case with full legal representation, rather than initially trying any attempt at ‘discussion’.

Bert just laughed (vintage Bert that), but this is what was being discussed yesterday on TalkSport.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
33 minutes ago, kenny said:

Confirmed by anyone or just ITK?

You tend not to go to these lengths if you're within the rules.

2 hours ago, kenny said:

That won't happen. The rules are supposed to protect clubs from bad owners, what's the point in using them to expel clubs instead.

You've seen the mess the EFL have allowed at Reading haven't you. Remember Bury? The EFL aren't fit for purpose 

• Like 3

The biggest issue is the PSR and FFP rules are shit and suck ass, they are deliberately designed to punish the clubs that dare to compete with the mighty six. The EFL and Premier League can go **** themselves, shitty *****. 

This is going destroy any competition and potential changes in the big six, its completely deliberate, anyone who supports these fools is part of the problem thst is destroying football.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

We’ve broken the rules.

Well the efl certainly can't punish us, as the season they are trying to punish for ie this season, hasn't even finished and we could sell a player in June to comply with the rules if needed. This is why so many fans are backing the club as the transfer embargo and the relentless attack from the efl seems very premature. If we've broken pl rules in previous seasons then that's a different thing altogether and we take our punishment, but what doesn't sit right with me is that the efl wrongly/prematurely tried to bring charges, we took them to court and won so the pl then got involved. I'd also question, if we have already broken previous pl rules, why have they taken so long to charge us? Whilst I'm sure we have broken the rules, I'd question the timing and the way the efl/pl have gone about the whole thing, it all seems a bit shady to me. 

• Like 3