Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

This is how I feel. I'm annoyed with the club and the people running it into the ground and we need to see change. There can be no more brushing it all under the carpet. However, the pl and the efl are just corrupt and the rules they say are to protect clubs from financial mismanagement, are actually there just to protect the cartel. It's quite ironic that the organisation that is obsessed with money making (hence why they like the protect the big 6) are also obsessed with punishing any team who dare to try and spend money to compete. The whole thing is utter bollocks and as I said yesterday, the only people who suffer are the very people who finance the whole thing. The fans. 

Haha so obvious, but didn’t see it until reading your post. Bravo!

• Like 1

If we are going head on with EPL and EFL it’s going to  be watched by everyone in football. I just hope we can back up our points and win most of the arguments (I can’t see how we have not breached the rules on losses allowed but wait and see I guess) otherwise we might find they want to hand us a 12 point penalty. 

Just now, chapero82 said:

Because our fans are the type to say "well we were in league one once, give him a break!" 

I'm not saying we should turn on him, but it's bizarre that he is getting away scot free with this situation 

I think the poor man's biggest failing is loyalty, that's  weakness when you lead a company 

I'm.gutted for him, he has failed his father's legacy and it must be hurting him 

3 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The club have made undoubted errors over the last couple of years, which has most definitely led to this breach and the subsequent mess we find ourselves in, would this have happened under Vichai, the truth is nobody knows. 

what we do know is when a club like ourselves who have won the premier league, been champions league quarter finalists, recent FA Cup winners, been challenging the top 4 and been in a European Semi Final, whilst also selling a raft of top talent for good money, to fall foul tells you all need to know about the rules.

EPL clubs are not broke, far from it, but they are being dictated to, as to how much they can invest, and regardless of how they are performing or what cash reserves they have, they are being forced to sell their star players and/or enter into a self imposed incoming transfer ban to try and stay compliant with financial rules that are outdated and quite frankly corrupt to hand a competitive advantage to the big 6. When Newcastle who are now potentially one of if not the richest club, are scratching around unable to bring players in until they are forced to sell Bruno and or Isak, to wait for it one of the big 6, then you know the rules are corrupt. 

So whilst there is no doubt that the club hierarchy have made mistakes, not selling an asset in the summer after the FA Cup win and giving Rodgers too much of a free reign and giving him too long last season, I wholeheartedly support the stance they are taking as these rules are absolutely ridiculous and actively prevent teams from being able to be ambitious, dream or generate any level of sustained success. It is effectively match fixing but in a different way and at a level that effectively tries to exclude any teams except the big 6 from finishing in the top 6 positions. The only reason it isn’t quite panning out as planned is that both Chelsea and Man Utd have made such a cluster**** of being handed such an advantage. 

As for the proposed new rules, whilst they are different, it still ensures the big 6 are given a competitive advantage, as they generate higher revenues so will have far more wriggle room than the rest. Nothing will change and the % threshold of spend will just make it more difficult for the other 14 to keep their best players who will just get picked off by the big 6 at will as they will be able to offer contracts way in excess of the others. 

I am glad we are going swinging hard, I am done with this corrupt shit show, this isn’t sport anymore it’s becoming more and more like F1 where there a small number of teams that are genuinely competitive and the rest are there to be nothing more than also rans to make up the numbers. The game is on its arse and soon enough it will be where every week the big 6 will be steamrolling one of the rest by 3,4 or 5 week in week out. That is not what football has been about in this country and I for one hope we do as a club fight for the right to be  ambitious, be brave and have a go at disrupting these spoilt little brats who want to control the money and their place at the top of football. 

As with most peoples opinion on this forum, and about life in general its always a binary choice.

However your response pretty much sums up my view on the entire situation. We have clearly been mismanaged, we knew what the figure was and knew we were pushing the boat out in the hope to go to the next level to allow us to compete. The club at no point have said they haven't exceeded the 105 million. There needs to be some accountability as to whom is to blame for that and heads need to roll.

But why if an owner or group of owners can prove that they have access to the level of income needed to fund the club to that level for X amount of years, why should they be published for wanting to do so by these rules. Why should Newcastle, a team who are essentially ran by the richest state in the world be forced to sell their best players to bigger clubs just to ensure they don't get collared by the rules? They are never going to go bankrupt unless the oil suddenly dries up. All these rules do is solidifies that only a handful of clubs ate allowed to compete at the top consistently. In the odd season you might get what Villa are doing this season and Brighton did last, but long term its going to be the same 5 or 6 teams fighting it out at the top year on year on year. If you look at our model of basically selling one of our best players every year for a big fee since we won the title it's quite staggering and a massive pat on the back for the recruitment team (until Rodgers brought in that clown Congerton) to keep us largely in the top half of the table and threatening to disrupt the elite. 

If you wanted to make it truly competitive whilst ensuring clubs are financially secure, introduce a transfer and salary cap by season whereby all teams abide by the same figure, no matter what you're revenue streams are in the Far East or what lucrative sponsorship deal you have to name your stadium. Then you would actually see who the best scouts, coaches, managers etc really are. But that will never happen as the big 6 wouldn't allow it. In hindsight I wish they had all cleared off to the European Super League (what punishment did they all get again for breaking one of the key constitutions of the PL, a slap on the wrist and be on your way, no points deductions, no embaragos just a small fine) and basically started the PL from scratch, forming a new league with new rules that allowed all clubs to compete on the same level playing field. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

And that view takes nothing away from how angry I am at our gung ho approach of buying donkeys and feeding them with caviar. It is possible to both angry at the cartel and the club. 

This exactly 👏

There's elements of the club not being run correctly and if somehow we have sold over the past three years nearly 200 million of players plus, reduced wages and still broken the rules heads must role.

That being said, I want my club to compete. People would have critised the owners for not spending money if they didn't, they be critised for lack of ambition selling our best players etc. Yes recruitment has been poor for a number of years, the manager was probably given too much power.

These owners aren't the worst, we could get an asset stripper or a pragmatic owner who complies to all the rules, we'd probably be a mediocre Premier league club like Palace at best. No title, no FA Cup, no Europe. You have to take an element of risk and invest to grow and compete at a higher level, these FFP and PSR Stupid rules are stopping this, at Present Brighton are just breaking tge mould but maybe one day that changes. 

In the Championship these rules mean that bar a freak team like Ipswich each year it will be tougher for anyone to challenge the relegated teams.  The who thing is just a sack of shit. I hate tge corrupt scumbags running this game.

We need to get united behind the players and overcome these corrupt scumbag willy pullers!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Well the efl certainly can't punish us, as the season they are trying to punish for ie this season, hasn't even finished and we could sell a player in June to comply with the rules if needed. This is why so many fans are backing the club as the transfer embargo and the relentless attack from the efl seems very premature. If we've broken pl rules in previous seasons then that's a different thing altogether and we take our punishment, but what doesn't sit right with me is that the efl wrongly/prematurely tried to bring charges, we took them to court and won so the pl then got involved. I'd also question, if we have already broken previous pl rules, why have they taken so long to charge us? Whilst I'm sure we have broken the rules, I'd question the timing and the way the efl/pl have gone about the whole thing, it all seems a bit shady to me. 

And that’s my point. Everything is noise and , delay tactics 

53 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You tend not to go to these lengths if you're within the rules.

Unless you know otherwise, my take is that we believe we are within the rules but to do so involves applying costs to areas of allowable loss eg the women's team and youth.

This level of this will be in dispute by the premier league and other teams.

What makes us different to others is the massive investment in the training ground and the women's side.

We now run 2 training grounds from the budget and are probably claiming that 80-90% of the costs relate to the women's side and youth development. 

If I am right and the claims are nuanced, then we will be concerned about being treated fairly be the league(s) which looks fairly unlikely this far.

1 minute ago, kenny said:

Unless you know otherwise, my take is that we believe we are within the rules but to do so involves applying costs to areas of allowable loss eg the women's team and youth.

This level of this will be in dispute by the premier league and other teams.

What makes us different to others is the massive investment in the training ground and the women's side.

We now run 2 training grounds from the budget and are probably claiming that 80-90% of the costs relate to the women's side and youth development. 

If I am right and the claims are nuanced, then we will be concerned about being treated fairly be the league(s) which looks fairly unlikely this far.

The training ground situation is nothing new. That would have all been scrutinised in previous PSR calculations  

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

And that’s my point. Everything is noise and , delay tactics 

Maybe but as I said, it's not 100% that the pl/efl have acted appropriately and in accordance with their own rules. This is why we are right to fight and and if we can find any loopholes then great 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

The training ground situation is nothing new. That would have all been scrutinised in previous PSR calculations  

The only scrutinisation, would be over loans, for example if we claim a new loan is a refinancing of a old loan that paid for it. 

Depending on what a loan is allocated against decides whether its a healthy deductable.

FoxesTalk in a nutshell lol

2 hours ago, Stopharage said:

Some on here seem to be revelling in this. In the same way that the slavering Neanderthals start moaning the moment Winks plays a short pass. 

If we’ve done wrong, punish us. Simple as that. But have some consistency. As long as the process is fair and transparent, I’ll take whatever punishment our actions deserve. 

Having said all that, if someone gave fans of most clubs the opportunity to go through this Kafkaesque legal rigmarole in exchange for the 10 years we’ve had, they’d bit their hands off. 

We’re Icarus. We flew too close to the sun and ended up drowning but let’s face it, soaring towards it was a total blast. We weren’t helped by Rudkin applying beeswax and advising us it was sun-resistant though. 

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Not sure why some on here seem unhappy that the clubs have brought lawyers in and are trying to fight. Literally every club in the country should be trying to fight against these ridiculous rules. We all know the club have been poorly run and we all would like to see changes in the boardroom to take the club forward, but the club fighting against these corrupt organisations is 100% the correct thing to do. We may end up with a bigger punishment if it all goes tits up but the fact is, clubs should not just roll over and accept these rules that protect the big 6 and prevent everyone else from competing. The way both the pl and efl have hounded us recently is ridiculous and they are absolutely desperate to punish us somehow, even if we haven't done anything wrong (although we most likely have). 

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Absolutely.

I cannot believe that some people are actually saying, “It’s our fault - let’s just take our punishment.” Do they really trust the PL and EFL to act as honest brokers in this? Do they think they’ll treat us fairly? Are they completely insane?! Of course we must fight it every inch of the way. 

@jayfox26 and @ClaphamFox are absolutely spot on. I could not be ****ing prouder to see my football club stand up for itself.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, the draper said:

Why is TOP getting such an easy ride ? Can't imagine any other chairman who had the club in this mess would be getting an easy time 

Very unique situation for us but he's deserved a lot more criticism for a lot longer than this. 

But you only have to look at his petulant statement after we went down to know his thoughts behind it. How dare you question me attitude until we've been run into the ground. 

Top and Whelan fighting for their status now in my opinion, if they did a Forest they would be seen as tarnished unable to manage the finances within the rules, so we now have this siege mentality with both of them still refusing to put their names to any statements.

We on a lose lose as fans, either we get punished pretty heavily over the next year or two, or somehow they win and we avoid the normal punishments but we would then be tarnished a second time as cheaters like when we went into admin.

Can’t help but feel the club have the “oh it will be fine” mentality towards all of this, just like when they didn’t consider the fact we were on course for relegation last season.

I’m sorry, I really struggle to see past this as just another instance of poor club management from our board.

Silva transfer, not sacking Rodgers, inflated wages, letting players go on a free, transfer embargo and a points deduction…

We’re not fit for purpose anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Very unique situation for us but he's deserved a lot more criticism for a lot longer than this. 

But you only have to look at his petulant statement after we went down to know his thoughts behind it. How dare you question me attitude until we've been run into the ground. 

I don’t think Top is immune from criticism but, I think he has been let down by those supposed to be experts in their field.  Top isn’t in day to day control but he is ultimately accountable and I think he hasn’t been prepared to be ruthless when needed / making changes when needed.

That has to happen if we are to move forward stronger.

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Fatawu obligation is if we are promoted, which if we are we won't be in the EFL anyway. That said even if this was an obligation that had been met based on appearances only and we don't go up then they'd still have to allow us to register him as we'd legally be obligated to buy him. 

I think it would be like Silva, the purchase would go through as is already done deal, but unable to register the player in the squad so unable to play.  However if promoted after 1 July could register him.

40 minutes ago, the draper said:

I'm not saying we should turn on him, but it's bizarre that he is getting away scot free with this situation 

I think the poor man's biggest failing is loyalty, that's  weakness when you lead a company 

I'm.gutted for him, he has failed his father's legacy and it must be hurting him 

I totally agree with you but in business you have no time for sentiments and football is no different, you have to be ruthless and when someone does a poor job they have to go.

7 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

I don’t think Top is immune from criticism but, I think he has been let down by those supposed to be experts in their field.  Top isn’t in day to day control but he is ultimately accountable and I think he hasn’t been prepared to be ruthless when needed / making changes when needed.

That has to happen if we are to move forward stronger.

The club is massive to us and no doubt King Power but they do have other things going on

Blind faith in Rudkin and Rudkins blind faith in the snake oil salesman Rodgers has cost us. Look at Rodgers signings and what value we got out of them and weep!!  Him and his sons involvement in dumping Bertrand on us is criminal, PL should be investigating that.

Top (and his Mum) do have ultimate control but they pay directors an obscene amount of money to sort and prevent these issues. 

image.png.3f4bc6c090b394aa8275288909cc958a.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, copunk said:

Netflix are gonna kick themselves they didn't pick us this season for a documentary 

Whats stopping us calling them now, 100m for them to get the insider view of the upcoming battle.