Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Nick De Marco is on a personal crusade against FFP/PSR. I suspect he’d love nothing more than to bring the whole thing crashing down.

The consensus between clubs and the authorities on PSR has completely disintegrated. If the PL/EFL now face an extended legal challenge every single time they try to punish a club, it’s going to become completely unworkable - which is presumably what De Marco intends. 

Have the PFA not yet got involved? Surely these rules are limiting the earnings of players by capping the  expenditure within these Leagues?

How bizarre that Forest rolled over and accepted blame, got a reduced penalty as a result, and are now appealing against the ruling!   With the same lawyer advising them all along.  It makes no sense.  If they thought they were innocent, why did they capitulate?  And if they thought they were guilty, why aren’t they just walking away relieved that they only got a small points deduction?

6 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

How bizarre that Forest rolled over and accepted blame, got a reduced penalty as a result, and are now appealing against the ruling!   With the same lawyer advising them all along.  It makes no sense.  If they thought they were innocent, why did they capitulate?  And if they thought they were guilty, why aren’t they just walking away relieved that they only got a small points deduction?

Premier League survival?

7 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Simple: they thought their breach was minor and a timing issue, and were convinced that by cooperating in the investigation they’d be exonerated. They weren’t, they got a hefty sanction, so are appealing it

9 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

That’s not quite what happened, though. They co-operated with the process - they didn’t accept blame. It seems now that they can appeal the four-point penalty with very little risk of being hit with an increased penalty. In such circumstances, why wouldn’t they appeal? They’ve got practically nothing to lose in doing so.

5 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Who actually wants to go up, to watch us get fvcked over every week and start on something like -15 points.

Were fvcked if we go up and fvcked if we stay down 

if we get a 15 point deduction they somethings wrong, Everton got a 10 which was reduced

this whole FFP/PSR stuff is going to come into massive force within the next couple of years, good number of clubs will be looked at, Villa, Newcastle, Wolves....not to mention Man City and Chelsea

cant wait for the rules to be changed tho before the last 2 are remotely even charged or looked into

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Who actually wants to go up, to watch us get fvcked over every week and start on something like -15 points.

Were fvcked if we go up and fvcked if we stay down 

Suppose this explains our stance of trying to be in limbo between both leagues, beholden to neither.

I honestly just don’t care any more, I really dont

Not sure if that’s due to my feeling about modern day top flight football, my age, or the club itself.

30+ years and I’ve never felt so detached from the game, even worse i don’t think I’ve ever felt this meh about my club…..ever

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Not sure if that’s due to my feeling about modern day top flight football, my age, or the club itself.

30+ years and I’ve never felt so detached from the game, even worse i don’t think I’ve ever felt this meh about my club…..ever

I don’t think I’m quite at the same level towards the club, but I can definitely relate to how you are feeling towards the game in general.

I long for the days when I can just worry about the performance on the pitch rather than off it too.

But hey, we’re all in it together and ultimately that’s what being a part of a football club community is all about.

:scarf:

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Think for some reason complying with the initial investigation means less of an initial punishment by the sounds of it. Then they can put their case forward.

We've clearly been told our punishment is going to be a ridiculous one. They were on about Forest could have been hit with -13 on the Premier Leagues orders, if they'd have gave them -1 for every 5m they were in breach. 

We are supposedly much worse than either Forest or Everton and we haven't complied with anything. 

22 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

If you've been around the club for over 30 years then you'll remember the 2002 administration. That was much worse, I think. We came within hours of the club folding. Win the next 3 and we'll all be getting our mojo back :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I am exactly the same.

what looked to be a really exciting season has rapidly become a huge fvck up 

• Like 2