Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

who do we lose-if we don’t go up

Who do we expect to lose next season if the worst happens. 

Kdh- almost certainly off. 

Hermansen- I think there would be interest for 20-25m 

Nobody out of contract renews

faes- i think someone takes a punt 

soumare and VK- we’d ship them both out for a loss, they’ve done enough for moves on their loans but we won’t get much for either 

Ricardo- i’d be really hoping we keep him, I think if enzo stays, he stays, but in a world without enzo, he’s asking to go

Mavididi- If a lower level prem side comes for him, he’s gone.

Overall, I think similar to this season, everyone is for sale. I’m not convinced there’s anyone we’d take firmly off the table.  It’s a truly bleak thought as we’d done a decent rebuild job and it could all collapse because we couldn’t pull together 2m for that last piece of quality we needed 

i think justin has done well enough to make premier league sides take note as well. If Max aaron’s got a move than justin will be heavily sought after now that people see he’s over his injury concerns 

Ricardo would be mad to want to stay, he's miles above this level.

We need to start selling players when they've got 2 years left on their contract, regardless of how good they are. Having players run down their contracts and leave on frees or for cheap with only 1 year left will ruin us. Cash in and look for the next gem.

Mads, Winks, Faes, KDH, Ricardo, JJ. 

Some of the out of contracts may sign again though. Vesty might get a 3 year deal for example. Albrighton and Vardy 1 year extensions? Coady and Souttar more likely to stay.

Soumare and VK sold for a loss. 

Does Enzo stay if we don’t go up?

KDH, Hermanson, Ricardo sold.

All out of contract players gone,  Vesty has probably done enough for a premiership club to take a punt.  

I’d aim to keep the rest,  

3 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

All out of contract players gone,  Vesty has probably done enough for a premiership club to take a punt.  

Enzo would be sacked immediately if we failed to go up. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Daka, Faes and Winks would would likely go as well. I doubt we would keep Vardy on another year. 

Would be threadbare, and we would start to look like any other established Championship club. Probably go for Mowbray is manager when he is fully recovered.

On 04/03/2024 at 16:31, Lambert09 said:

i think justin has done well enough to make premier league sides take note as well. If Max aaron’s got a move than justin will be heavily sought after now that people see he’s over his injury concerns 

For me, even for us, he's only a squad player in the Premiership. 

• 2 weeks later...

It would have to be a root and branch restart and rightly so. If we fail to get promotion it would be so toxic for those involved following relegation that there would be no future at the club.

The only one's you'd realistically want to stay are the two goalkeepers, Abdul, Stephy, Cannon, Coady and that's about it. Everyone else could do one.

Not including those on loan to us who would all go back I could see the below leaving:

Vestergaard, Ndidi, Praet, Albrighton, Iheanacho - contracts not renewed

Hermansen, Ricardo, Kristiansen, KDH - would have interest and be sold

Faes, Soumare, Daka - would want to leave and end up loaned out because no one wants to pay a stupid fee we want for them

*Not sure about Justin or Mavididi

After that I think we would end up keeping the rest (with Vardy being renewed):

GK: Stolarczyk, Iversen, Ward

DEF: Justin*, Souttar, Coady, Thomas

MID: Winks, Choudhury

FWD: Mavididi*, Kasey, Marcal, Vardy, Cannon

At least we would have enough for an okay starting 11 in the Championship… lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Not including those on loan to us who would all go back I could see the below leaving:

Faes, Soumare, Daka - would want to leave and end up loaned out because no one wants to pay a stupid fee we want for them

Not going up would be a disaster and mean we start from scratch again (manager, playing squad).

I would add Winks to the potential list of sales - any playing asset that could potentially generate large cash figures would have to be considered.

Plus side is that Alves and Braybrooke would get a chance to establish themselves as starters in a championship team.

Down side is that I'd have to read people making our Kasey McAteer is some world beater when he scores a tap in after putting in a seies of 5/10 performances. 

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

Not going up would be a disaster and mean we start from scratch again (manager, playing squad).

I would add Winks to the potential list of sales - any playing asset that could potentially generate large cash figures would have to be considered.

Problem with Winks is we would need at least around £7m so he doesn’t go down as a loss on the books and I don’t think we would be able to get anyone to pay more than that even with how well he has done

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Problem with Winks is we would need at least around £7m so he doesn’t go down as a loss on the books and I don’t think we would be able to get anyone to pay more than that even with how well he has done

Agree we would want / need to ensure any bid worked for us.

Let’s hope we can do enough.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

From what I gather we didn't pay anything near the £10m reported for Winks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Vestergaard will be offered a new contract

Whether he accepts it on presumably reduced terms is another matter

if and its a big if, we fail to go up then i think we would see a lot of academy players promoted to the first team, highly likely players such as Nelson, Braybrooke,  Alves,  Cover, Wanya, Thomas, Briggs etc would become integral members of the 1st team squad as well as Opoku and Booth coming into contention after loans. 

Most will have had 12 months of Enzo ball so would be well schooled, whilst it would be far from ideal I am not so sure if we don’t go up this year that we necessarily have to completely rip up the blue print and start again with a new manager. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

Contracts ended: Vardy, Nacho, Praet, Ndidi & Vesty.

Loans ended: Akgun, Abdul & Doyle 

Players sold/wanting to leave:

Daka, KDH, Ricky, Faes, Victor, Soumare & Souttar

That's 15 players off the books. That leaves:

Mads

Hamza Coady Nelson JJ

Winks

Kasey Braybrooke Alves Mavididi

Cannon 

Edited by sm1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

if and its a big if, we fail to go up then i think we would see a lot of academy players promoted to the first team, highly likely players such as Nelson, Braybrooke,  Alves,  Cover, Wanya, Thomas, Briggs etc would become integral members of the 1st team squad as well as Opoku and Booth coming into contention after loans. 

Most will have had 12 months of Enzo ball so would be well schooled, whilst it would be far from ideal I am not so sure if we don’t go up this year that we necessarily have to completely rip up the blue print and start again with a new manager. 

I realised I never said who I think will leave, definitely gone in my opinion would be KDH, Justin, Faes, Daka, whilst I think we would also look to move on fringe players such as Choudhury, Souttar, Kristensen, Soumaré and Ward, to create budget and wage flexibility. I also think all the out of contract players move on with the exception of Vesty and maybe Vards dependent on them accepting heavily reduced terms. 

Ricardo, Mads and Mavidid I would try to retain however if a suitable offer came in and they wanted to move then I think given reasonably low book values we may be inclined to move on and take the profit. 

I think the spine of the side would be Mads/Jakub,  Coady, Vesty, Winks, possibly Riccy P, Cannon & Vards (if V’s both stay on) with a smattering of free and low value signings who better fit the Maresca profile and style and then a lot of academy players such as Nelson, McAteer, Wanya, Braybrooke and Alves etc who have been schooled in Enzo ball for the last 12 months. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri