Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Euros 2024

1 hour ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

100000 extra tickets going on sale Thursday morning

Id be pleasantly surprised if there's that many. 

1 measly Scotland Hungary ticket would do me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ousefox said:

Anybody have any luck with tickets. We could do with one more Slovakia Ukraine ticket if anybody happened to get one too many for that inevitable classic.

I was in the waiting room for 3 hours and reached 50%. 

Gave up when I heard the tickets for the games I wanted were all sold out. 

That Slovakia game is the cheapest to buy on the Ticket agencies. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Why is it so difficult to get tickets? Is it the sheer demand for them all? Pricing the average fan out is also not good.

Definetly a demand issue and its playing into the hands of the 2nd hand markets. Buy for 40 euros sell for 350. 

Its the 1st tournament in ages that's been easily accessible travel wise, and the next one is on a different continent. 

There's a whole generation of fans who's not experienced a 1 country tournament, and a generation that this might be their last.

Scotland qualifying for the 1st time since 98 had upped the number of fans wanting to experience a tournament, they are expecting +100kt Scots and 300kt English to travel. 

Honestly, I can't wait. 

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

If Ryan Porteous is a regular they will be out by game two with him probably having been sent off !

He would 100% be in the starting 11 for me. He's been excellent for Scotland and fits our system very well with his ability to push out onto the right back position when the wingback goes forward. Similair to Tierney on the other side of the back 3. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

He would 100% be in the starting 11 for me. He's been excellent for Scotland and fits our system very well with his ability to push out onto the right back position when the wingback goes forward. Similair to Tierney on the other side of the back 3. 

That is fair enough.

Good committed defender but can get caught out easily and not afraid to put himself about !

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

That is fair enough.

Good committed defender but can get caught out easily and not afraid to put himself about !

Having said that, i don't think you are wrong. Him at RCB and I suspect Forrest at RWB will DEFINITELY be the target for the opposition. It also keeps it away from our strongest area on the left so he will have plenty of opportunity to make mistakes. 

Apart from going to the tournament itself, where do people like watching this type of event?

Back in the day I'd head for a Spanish city, and watch games in a local bar where the drinks were cheap, and free tapa/snacks provided. It helped that sunny warm weather was almost guaranteed. I may head to a Brit resort this time, at least for a few days, and hope to find a budget bar to watch the games.  

17 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Apart from going to the tournament itself, where do people like watching this type of event?

Back in the day I'd head for a Spanish city, and watch games in a local bar where the drinks were cheap, and free tapa/snacks provided. It helped that sunny warm weather was almost guaranteed. I may head to a Brit resort this time, at least for a few days, and hope to find a budget bar to watch the games.  

That's a great idea!!!! This is my third Euros in a row and whilst it is good, Europe is tedious and overpriced. Will go to the next one as it's UK but then out of Europe world cups only for me.

Going to some random 50p a pint all inclusive bumhole TUI resort is something I have never thought of, but I can imagine being a load of cheap and easy fun!

• Like 1

Just looking at the confirmed Portugal squad, haven't really been mentioned but they've got to be one of the favourites for it surely? What a team.

GOG5RZBXUAEl06K.jpg

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

Just looking at the confirmed Portugal squad, haven't really been mentioned but they've got to be one of the favourites for it surely? What a team.

GOG5RZBXUAEl06K.jpg

I thought that, maybe not dark horses but definitely should be right up there.

But then I remembered who their manager is.

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I just had to Google it as I didn't know. How on earth does he keep getting great jobs?

6 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

GOG5RZBXUAEl06K.jpg

Pepe still going strong, fair play. He's 3 years older than Gary Cahill lol

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I had them to win it but conpletely forgot he was in charge. Thanks for reminding me with that, now I have to reassess....

6 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

GOG5RZBXUAEl06K.jpg

Defo a dark horse for me, would be surprised if they don’t make it to the Semi’s. 

10 hours ago, Scotch said:

d2a3b18a-f642-438f-8a30-9a768dcedac9.png

Really hope Ben Doak starts one of the friendlies and does well. 

Kelly, Soutter and Armstrong probably drops out, and Armstrong only due to Injury. 

25 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Really hope Ben Doak starts one of the friendlies and does well. 

Kelly, Soutter and Armstrong probably drops out, and Armstrong only due to Injury. 

Ben Doak is the weird one for me. We don't play wingers... I know Forrest is there but I have a suspicion that he might be used as a RWB. If not, it just seems odd that not only will we abandon a system that is pretty much our biggest strength as a team but that we've named two RWers and no-one for the left...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

That ITV line up is bloody dreadful minus Ian Wright. 

Think ITV line up is far more interesting than BBC. Looking forward to hearing from Rohl.