Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Sunderland (A) Match Thread

Why wait for opportunities to come when you can force the issue against weak opposition? I understand the need for patience if we're playing a superior side, but we're playing a poor side, low on confidence - there's no need to be this cautious.

Ps the commentators on SAFC TV are absolutely bemused by our approach since the goal. They can't get over it.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 3

The win is the most important thing here but I feel we're going to need to improve 2nd half if we are going to get it. Started well but we've been poor since we scored and allowed Sunderland back into the game. Little control and sloppy in possession. Mads needs to sort his kicking out, 3 times in that half he just kicked it out for a throw. 

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Honestly mentality of the manager is starting to become a worry.

You can't just go ahead then play within yourself, do that when you are 2 or 3 up.

Surely we have done that at least 6-10 times this season, hopefully the presence of Vardy and Coady can keep us driving forwards. I do think the 2nd half of ET against Bournemouth was well managed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Honestly mentality of the manager is starting to become a worry.

You can't just go ahead then play within yourself, do that when you are 2 or 3 up.

Not sure we’ve done that. Had other opportunities stopped by some misplaced final balls or the ref stopping attacks with questionable fouls. 

Sunderland also dropped off their press after our goal? So there’s less space for us 

Just now, StanSP said:

Hope we don't rue sitting on a 1-0 lead. 

Reminds me of the Sheff Weds away game where it was the same scoreline and we spurned loads of chances and conceded last minute. Have to kill these teams off.

We cant we just carry on attacking like its 0-0 ffs

Sunderland are really poor but we’ve let them back into the game by switching off and ref having a shocker. It’s on us tho, we’ve been going direct all of a sudden but kicking the ball out to much!

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Hope we don't rue sitting on a 1-0 lead. 

Reminds me of the Sheff Weds away game where it was the same scoreline and we spurned loads of chances and conceded last minute. Have to kill these teams off.

Luckily we have a manager who doesn't believe in that style of play :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Worrying signs. Game should be over but we are allowing them to stay in the game. We all know what might happen and against a team that clearly has no confidence whatsoever. Had we kept the pressure on they would have folded and the crowd would have turned.

So much negativity on here, we're one up at half time.

It's the Championship. It's always a long old slog. Two games a week, tired legs, injuries.

I think some people have forgotten what it's like and got sucked into the piss the league talk.

• Like 2

We are so cocky and complacent. Knocking it around the back - or directly into touch - when a bit of sustained pressure on their dodgy defence - as in the first 15 minutes - would probably get the second goal and kill them off.

Is this down to Maresca’s natural Italian caution? It is so frustrating because these are there for the taking but you can see a mistake from us gifting them an equaliser. A la Ipswich (x2)

Why do we mess about so much  at the back, we're only one nil up, when we move fast forward we look decent, then just slow it down again, its starting to get irritating this style of play to be honest.

• Like 2