Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Sunderland (A) Match Thread

22 minutes ago, Sly said:

Enzo indicated it when we had that throw near the line. They are pressing higher and they have altered the press. Allowing for us to get into the space behind.

We beat their high press a couple of times but Faes on one occasion hit the ball long when he did should drive forward.

Just now, Simonb said:

How SSN can say Sunderland are the better team is beyond me.. they're awful.. we are just allowing them hope.. no idea what we are playing at

Sunderland are one of the medias darlings as their manager ran on the pitch in 1973.

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Not sure we’ve done that. Had other opportunities stopped by some misplaced final balls or the ref stopping attacks with questionable fouls. 

Sunderland also dropped off their press after our goal? So there’s less space for us 

Maybe, but feels we go 1-0 up and wait for things to happen rather then make them happen.

• Like 1

Just seen someone post that surely the performance after the goal isn't what the manager wants 

But did anyone else see Coady attempt to bring the ball out around 30 mins in or so, loads of space to run into or play, and Enzo was gesturing him to slow down 

Found it quite interesting 

Just now, iancognito said:

So much negativity on here, we're one up at half time.

It's the Championship. It's always a long old slog. Two games a week, tired legs, injuries.

I think some people have forgotten what it's like and got sucked into the piss the league talk.

But its same for all teams just about (ok there are cup matches i guess, but we rotated heavilly last game) 

If we don't win this we don't deserve promotion. Similar to the Stoke game where we are clearly the better team but playing well within ourselves. Hopefully we have a similar second half to that game and run away with it. 

Wish we'd try and be more ruthless. 

Why do we always manage to get refs that are worse than the jokers in Balatro? :P

(If you want to know what I've been playing this week... ;)  (Only won twice so far with yellow and green decks.))

We're in control, they've come into it albeit with no threat at all.

We need a 2nd, as we know what happens late on. 

I don't think we're doing as badly as most seem to think. 

Watching it without tv commentary is definitely much better, l must say. 

Just now, copunk said:

Just seen someone post that surely the performance after the goal isn't what the manager wants 

But did anyone else see Coady attempt to bring the ball out around 30 mins in or so, loads of space to run into or play, and Enzo was gesturing him to slow down 

Found it quite interesting 

I mean if this hanging on to a 1-0 is deliberate, it spectacularly Rogeresq, and well shit being as we can't defend under pressure for shit, it literally suicide. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Sunderland are one of the medias darlings as their manager ran on the pitch in 1973.

Couldn't care less.. they're rubbish haha

Feel like we're just mirroring their energy levels and ability instead of putting them to bed.. it'll come back to haunt us

Need an explosive 15 mins at the start of the half again

10 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Yunus is playing, isn’t he? 

Tracked back very well to stop one break away but apart from that a passenger going forward 

All about opinions but can’t see what he adds to the team

• Like 1

Quite typical so far. Miss a few great chances and then drop all intensity after we go ahead.

I really wish we could maintain or up the tempo after we score to get a second or third. We know Sunderland will put us under pressure towards the end if it stays 1-0 and we know what will happen.

3 minutes ago, Simonb said:

How SSN can say Sunderland are the better team is beyond me.. they're awful.. we are just allowing them hope.. no idea what we are playing at

Sunderland are definitely the better team mate have you not seen the stats.

IMG_5596.png

• Thanks 1