Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Sunderland (A) Match Thread

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Honestly mentality of the manager is starting to become a worry.

You can't just go ahead then play within yourself, do that when you are 2 or 3 up.

All season I've been saying, with the way we play, that once we get a goal ahead, it should bring the opposition out and leave gaps for us to exploit and it rarely works out like that. Get a goal ahead and allow the opposition to gain control and confidence and get back into the game. I just don't understand it. We look so nervous and have been so sloppy in possession. Just glad we got a goal cos before the goal, it was looking like another frustrating night with the chances we missed. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If we don't win this we don't deserve promotion. Similar to the Stoke game where we are clearly the better team but playing well within ourselves. Hopefully we have a similar second half to that game and run away with it. 

Wish we'd try and be more ruthless. 

Not sure the words ‘ruthless’ and ‘the Enzo way’ are compatible

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

We cant we just carry on attacking like its 0-0 ffs

That first 10-15 minutes were electric. We absolutely went for it and battered them. Keep that up and it’s 3/4-0 at half time. THEN you can relax. This is why I’m finding Enzo so frustrating. Grrrr

• Like 4

Ps I know we moan about the quality of LCFCTV but take it from me, SAFCTV is like some sort of GCSE Media Studies group project, and not a good one, either.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Remember in December when nearly every game we scored 2+ goals in quick succession after half time. What we could do with one of those tonight to get this game done and dusted for us.

Doyle has been excellent, Coady solid too. 

We need that as if its 1-0 on 80 mins I'm not sure I can take it 🙈

• Like 1

It’s matches like this that convince me I need to find a better way to spend 90 minutes drinking wine. What a steaming pile of gash - a complete absence of desire. 

Sunderland are lying on their backs and pleading with us to be fvcked…and still we go “well, actually, the wife wouldn’t like it so would you mind if I just spent an hour or so in the room doing nothing then went home riddled with guilt?”

And I love not having commentary - but fvck me, could someone in the crowd make a noise? Even if it’s just to shout “sit down” or “does anyone know the time of the last train to Newcastle?”

Abysmal. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

Sunderland are definitely the better team mate have you not seen the stats.

IMG_5596.png

My mistake.. must've been watching another game sorry. They'll still get a point though

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Remember in December when nearly every game we scored 2+ goals in quick succession after half time. What we could do with one of those tonight to get this game done and dusted for us.

Doyle has been excellent, Coady solid too. 

We need leaders at the moment and he fits the bill.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Think Doyle has been fantastic so far. Should be starting over JJ for the next few

Left hand side is much more open when Doyle can pass down the line or spin a ball inside 

3 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

Sunderland are definitely the better team mate have you not seen the stats.

IMG_5596.png

We’ve definitely dropped off but if SSN are saying they’re the better team then the pundit needs sacking.

9 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Why is it we start off great and score and then we 1-0 up we sit deeper and ./care about possession way less.. I dont get it and would welcome someone with more tactical knowledge than me can answer this. Its not just tonight either it seems like its every game this year.

Surely this is NOT what the manager wants ? 

Isn't just you, seem a few of us here asking the same thing, it isn't as if a one off thing either, seems to have become our adopted style of play !!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

We're in control, they've come into it albeit with no threat at all.

We need a 2nd, as we know what happens late on. 

I don't think we're doing as badly as most seem to think. 

Watching it without tv commentary is definitely much better, l must say. 

What are you watching on?

How can Sky not sort out a commentary, With their “increased investment” that slapped an extra fiver a month on my bill recently. World of sport managed to get streaming audio from Basingstoke Leisure Centre in the 1970’s on a minuscule budget :mad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

Ps I know we moan about the quality of LCFCTV but take it from me, SAFCTV is like some sort of GCSE Media Studies group project, and not a good one, either.

Im quite enjoying the Sunderland stream, i think the commentators are decent. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Some of you have the absolutely worst takes on football I've ever seen

Please do enlighten us with your deep insight into the first half...