Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-0 Sunderland Post Match Thread.

20 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

And we’ve lost other games we didn’t deserve too.

Just take the win. Performances don’t matter anymore 

I don't think we can underestimate the complacency within this side at the moment, including the manager. We've surrendered a massive gap and as the season goes on, we are being found out. If you compare ourselves to our rivals form - I'd be surprised if we won the league now. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I know we regress and look a bit desperate at times. But if we didn't keep butchering glorious chances. We'd be clear & game over before the opposition warm up. First 15 mins was excellent. But so wasteful in front of goal again. 

Thing is though mate I don't remember us testing the keeper once we went 1-0 up? As soon as we get the lead, we retreat into our shell.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So we win tonight and are still top of the league…

And yet some of you twerps on here would be happy to see Enzo gone?!

You really don’t deserve to support the club.

You have hit the nail on the head great point made ,I'm sure that some supporters want us to fail so they can even be more negative ,if that's possible ,

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

Ipswich must be the story of the Championship this season (so far) not us with our overpaid squad 

Neutrals have them down as been quality tonight and another great comeback for them, they are definitely the story of the season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So we win tonight and are still top of the league…

And yet some of you twerps on here would be happy to see Enzo gone?!

You really don’t deserve to support the club.

Criticism of performances and tactics is not allowed it seems. Not seen anyone who wants Enzo gone either. 

Just now, J.Lisemore said:

I don't think we can underestimate the complacency within this side at the moment, including the manager. We've surrendered a massive gap and as the season goes on, we are being found out. If you compare ourselves to our rivals form - I'd be surprised if we won the league now. 

How have we been found out? Said it the other day if we've been found out then the other teams must be extremely thick to allow us so many chances, or they assume we'll miss. QPR the only side of the last 4 where we haven't looked threatening at some point 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

If Enzo tries to defend that performance after we took the lead then he's pulling plonkers.

That said, we needed a win by any means. That makes up for the scandal of Leeds. I think we so badly need the international break, if we can get a result on Saturday and free wheel in the FA Cup in the sense that we've a 2 week break then it's very timely for us.

We're dealing with Leeds who have won 10 in 11 and Ipswich who have won 6 on the spin. We just have to dig in and build our own run which will then put huge pressure on them to keep up (one of them won't if we do that).

And the team in third - who are looking ropey at the moment - still need more than 0.5 points per game more than us over 10 games. Getting Wilf back is huge for us as the midfield needs bodies, and he boosts the points per game big time.

• Like 1

Very ugly win. Very poor 2nd half.

So frustrating that after playing them off the park for the first 15 minutes we then take our foot off the gas once we go 1-0 up. We had them chasing shadows so why not carry on in that manor? We just slowed it down and allowed them to get back into the game.

Still can't understand why we can't go at teams for a sustained period. It was a deflating performance even though it was a win. We play like that on Saturday and we get beat.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

In struggling to name 4 players who are good enough for a premier league starting 11 

Are your 4 the same as mine. Hermansen, Winks KDH, Fatawu. Then possibly Justin Mavadidi and Ricky.

Think the peno shout at the end is the ref wanting the game done without wanting to draw any attention to himself ahead of his big prem game. Of course, if there were standards or proper assessing, they might question what on earth he had been doing for the previous 90 minutes, after demonstarting some of the most one sided judgement of fouls I've ever seen, but that's not something that concerns PGMOL, so job done, enjoy your day out in the limelight matey.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

If Enzo tries to defend that performance after we took the lead then he's pulling plonkers.

That said, we needed a win by any means. That makes up for the scandal of Leeds. I think we so badly need the international break, if we can get a result on Saturday and free wheel in the FA Cup in the sense that we've a 2 week break then it's very timely for us.

We're dealing with Leeds who have won 10 in 11 and Ipswich who have won 6 on the spin. We just have to dig in and build our own run which will then put huge pressure on them to keep up (one of them won't if we do that).

Leeds run gained momentum by a very fortunate late win v Preston. You do have to play yourself back into form in this league. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I mean, it was a horrific performance against an absolutely dreadful team, to the point we were hanging on……

I don’t want Enzo gone, of course…. But I’m really struggling not to have some real concerns about how we’re going about things. 

Perhaps it’s as simple as no Ricardo? He’s a massive miss…. Or, have things just gone a little bit by the way side. We just seem to be playing with no pace at all, and things are getting a bit…… Brendan ball at times. 

A massive improvement is needed for Hull, Enzo needs to learn a lot about himself and quickly. 

He won't change his system.

Probably wouldn't have a clue how to.

It's plan A and if that's not working then he's clueless.

IF we do get promoted, playing his style of football in the PL is going to be absolutely suicidal!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

That was 'orrible from 15 mins to finish. 

Special mentions:

• Possibly the worst referee since since the last match i saw, who gave every small niggle a foul and then bottled a penalty decision right at the end.
  • KDH having another stinker. Him trying to run the clock down towards the end and just handing the ball back to them nowhere near the corner was just weird.
  • Hermansen spent the week at Iversens kicking school. Where has the magic gone?
  • Hermansen getting booked for time wasting at 68 mins.  I mean, wtf!
  • Hamza being barely able to run for 15 mins yet still not getting subbed. Can't wait to hear he now has a muscle injury.

Plus points were Coady, seeing Ndidi again and of course the win. Can thank the monks for the 3 points, and hope to never see a performance like that again.

I am concerned, and we really need that international break. I think they are feeling the nerves. They don't look happy - too much arm flapping and im not convinced they are doing what Enzo wants them to do. The amount of times you can see him pointing forward when they go back. Definitely playing with fear.

I would add the sitters we missed before we scored.  I was beginning to think we were cursed.

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

We’ve hit a rough patch - and won tonight - anyone calling for managerial changes is a moron.

On a side note, I felt quite comfortable with Coady at the back tonight. Strong and experienced presence.

Absolutely right, but with Vestergaard back who do you play? I can’t see him dropping Faes so I think Coady drops out again. My bigger concern is up front. 

It's just the same almost every week at this point. We go a goal up relatively early then slowly let them in it more and more as the game goes on until we are clinging on to a result by the end and it's only by the grace of Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey that we got it this time. It could have quite easily went like it has on a fair few occasions this season and we throw it away in the last few minutes. 

...and the worst part? We will do it again at the weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

That was 'orrible from 15 mins to finish. 

Special mentions:

• Possibly the worst referee since since the last match i saw, who gave every small niggle a foul and then bottled a penalty decision right at the end.
  • KDH having another stinker. Him trying to run the clock down towards the end and just handing the ball back to them nowhere near the corner was just weird.
  • Hermansen spent the week at Iversens kicking school. Where has the magic gone?
  • Hermansen getting booked for time wasting at 68 mins.  I mean, wtf!
  • Hamza being barely able to run for 15 mins yet still not getting subbed. Can't wait to hear he now has a muscle injury.

Plus points were Coady, seeing Ndidi again and of course the win. Can thank the monks for the 3 points, and hope to never see a performance like that again.

I am concerned, and we really need that international break. I think they are feeling the nerves. They don't look happy - to much arm flapping and im not convinced they are doing what Enzo wants them to do. The amount of times you can see him pointing forward when they go back. Definitely playing with fear.

Bang on - absolutely crapping ourselves- we look week and unfit- sloppy in nearly all ways - the wingers are pointless - the faes- winks continual arm flapping shows they have lost the plot - no way that could have been the plan from 15 mins on - if it was we are in more trouble than I thought - we could easily finish 4 - easily - play like that and we will lose 2 or 3 of the remaining games and that will be enough for play offs - screw the lead up that we have and we have no chance of it comes to that 

After 15 minutes TalkSport commentary suggested it would be a Championship version of Sheffield Utd v Arsenal score line at half time. We probably had x2 shots thereafter! Very frustrating we couldn’t press home our advantage at that point.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

IF we do get promoted, playing his style of football in the PL is going to be absolutely suicidal!!!

The Bournemouth game says hi! 

I actually feel we will be better in the PL (minus the top 8 of course). We are at our worse when teams do nothing.

• Like 2