Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

Leicester 1-0 Sunderland Post Match Thread.

I find this place confusing. We’ve all watched a lot of football. Most of us have followed City for decades. How is it some think we will gain confidence from that abhorrent performance?  How can some not see the glaringly obvious?  I would genuinely love to be so oblivious. Play like we did tonight and Hull will tear us a new hole. Play like we did tonight and we might just finish 4th. 

Edited by ARM1968

I just don’t get the reluctance to go and kill the game off? Did we even have an attack in the second half? We know we have a weakness in conceding late goals and yet we invite pressure and try and time waste all half. It’s a vital win but we can’t do that every week because we will just concede, Sunderland were terrible as well. 

Just now, Kierzz said:

Has anyone posted a replay of that choudhury tackle at the end? Looked a penalty...

Madz appeared to have the situation under control - so either way it was pretty brainless.

Trying to decide whether hanging on for 3pts and keeping the clean sheet will do us good or not in the long run. That was not a fun second half to watch but boy did we need that after Saturday. Looked like we got away with one with the pen at the end but I’ve heard others say it was a dive. Will need to be much better at Hull, but will take the points all day long!

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

I find this place confusing. We’ve all watched a lot of football. Most of us have followed City for decades. How is it some think we will gain confidence from that abhorrent performance?  How can some not see the glaringly obvious?  I would genuinely love to be so oblivious. Play like we did tonight and Hull will tear us an a new hole. Play like we did tonight and we might just finish 4th. 

Nah play like that and we will be fine 👀

• Haha 2

Can't please some folk. Hammer Leeds with superb attacking football, lose control, and people moan that we should have dug out a result when the going got tough. Going gets tough at Sunderland, dig out a win, and people still moan. At this stage of the season, with Ipswich and Leeds having home banker fixtures, that was a massive three points. Beat Hull and this win will look even better. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In regards to the other two teams, just see this had another ticked off game. 8 wins makes it mathematically certain for promotion.

10 to go, any points dropped by the others and a win from us gets that points required down further. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Made some key saves, one in particular was World Class.

He was very good at his main job but distribution put us under pressure. Definitely had a good game overall just think Fatawu was class considering he's been hung out to dry in recent games by having such negative instructions

40 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Wouldn't last 5 minutes in the Premier League playing like this. For the squad we have and the resources at our disposal, we are playing incredibly poor. Clinging on to matches for dear life week after week.

there be straight back down and thats before any points deducton

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Can't please some folk. Hammer Leeds with superb attacking football, lose control, and people moan that we should have dug out a result when the going got tough. Going gets tough at Sunderland, dig out a win, and people still moan. At this stage of the season, with Ipswich and Leeds having home banker fixtures, that was a massive three points. Beat Hull and this win will look even better. 

If anything thats more confusing that we wouldn't attack shite like Sunderland but will against Leeds. 

We do get dragged down in games like tonight, if we do go up there is a chance we will look better because teams will try and play against us 

Frustrated at K DH on the break taking extra touches that kill the momentum, Enzo has said they have license to be expressive at that end of the pitch yet the delay in playing in the front 3 kills the move before it’s got going. It’s like a dog with a tennis ball, loads of touches to advance 5 yards when there’s no-one there to dispossess you. Players have been told to pass to the stronger foot so unless he’s picking up a loose ball there’s no need to sort your feet out before advancing. 

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

Took our foot off the gas after a fantastic first 15 minutes. When really we perhaps could’ve already been out of sight. But just the kind of win we needed. Dogged, defended well enough, didn’t buckle under any pressure and didn’t concede late on. 

It doesn’t matter how they come, as long as they keep on coming. 

I don’t think we took our foot off the gas. We just, as is becoming usual, missed chances. Either the final ball was wrong, the chance missed or the move stopped by the ref.  

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I find this place confusing. We’ve all watched a lot of football. Most of us have followed City for decades. How is it some think we will gain confidence from that abhorrent performance?  How can some not see the glaringly obvious?  I would genuinely love to be so oblivious. Play like we did tonight and Hull will tear us a new hole. Play like we did tonight and we might just finish 4th. 

Yep - that was as ugly as it gets - save in grace was the obvious 3 points and that’s all it’s about right ? Wrong - if you know anything at all about football you know there is no way you continue to play like that and win - luckily most teams in this league are pub teams 

I. WANT  MY.  MAM…

& my ball back….

Wicked bogey man from Hull, & we are playing in his backyard.

Enzo we need your Sicilian connections,and Muzzey Izzets Bethnal Green mates…

Its getting too much for me..:unsure:

I am doing more clockwatching than ever,than in my Apprenticeship

48 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Hermansen & Fatawu are the only two who deserve credit after that.

Bit harsh, I thought Yunus had a good game as well. Doyle was good first half with some really good passes. KDH must be knackered, cos hes just not been himself recently. He was poor tonight.