Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City and PSR – Everything you need to know on EFL dispute, player sales, and what next

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Where you getting £65m from in player amortisation? I've got it at less than half that.

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Amortisation drops to around 40m for 23/24 and around 30m 24/25 until make purchases in the summer window.

You have to look wider than just the transfer fees to be amortised during the players who appeared in the squad.The number I was up to in terms of just the 23/24 players was £45-£50 million.

Add to that in the main agents fees are capitalised and amortised over the period of the contract. Agents fees are circa £9 million p.a.at 

Leicester . Even the likes of Jamie’s V one year contract extension probably cost circa £300k in agents fees.

We will have to wait and see the final numbers but maybe £65 million is too high but it will be more than is affordable 

8 hours ago, themightyfin said:

On contracts RIC, many of the old guards wages will have gone back up to pre relegation rates because of promotion as per their contracts.

Relegation ment they took a drop but promotion puts them back on their old wage. 

Promotion will also have cost millions on bonuses built into contracts and add ons in transfers . 

So Wages could still be an issue For a while yet . 

Just how many players will be left from pre relegation?

Can’t be that many and Vardy and Vestergard are out of contract so won’t be on pre relegation salaries.

Someone needs to set up a game of PSR bingo , it involves lots of people with lots of different numbers , nobody knows what numbers are coming but plenty are prematurely calling 'bingo' 

Diane is my favourite to get it right looking at some on here's predictions

2vw16e.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Terraloon said:

You have to look wider than just the transfer fees to be amortised during the players who appeared in the squad.The number I was up to in terms of just the 23/24 players was £45-£50 million.

Add to that in the main agents fees are capitalised and amortised over the period of the contract. Agents fees are circa £9 million p.a.at 

Leicester . Even the likes of Jamie’s V one year contract extension probably cost circa £300k in agents fees.

We will have to wait and see the final numbers but maybe £65 million is too high but it will be more than is affordable 

FA has us spending £8,113,789 on Intermediary and Football Agents' fees from 1 February 2023 to 1 February 2024. 

My calculations show that our amortisation for transfer fees will be around the 40m mark for 23-24, so ballpark 50m for both. 

I doubt we can generate enough revenue from player sales before the end of June to balance the books for the next reporting period. 

I think we will have to take our medicine and breach again. 

Things should be a lot better in 24-25. Our amortisation should be around 30m before incomings, and our wages should have reduced considerably. 

Edited by coolhandfox

16 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Just how many players will be left from pre relegation?

Can’t be that many and Vardy and Vestergard are out of contract so won’t be on pre relegation salaries.

Ward, Faes, Justin, Ricardo, Souttar, Choudhury, KDH, Daka, Iversen, Thomas, Soumare and Kristiansen.

Plus any that resign from Vardy, Ndidi, Nacho, Albrighton, Paert and Vestergard. 

So if we only resign Vardy and Vestergaard that 14.  

We need to get that down to 8 or 9. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Ward, Faes, Justin, Ricardo, Souttar, Choudhury, KDH, Daka, Iversen, Thomas, Soumare and Kristiansen.

Plus any that resign from Vardy, Ndidi, Nacho, Albrighton, Paert and Vestergard. 

So if we only resign Vardy and Vestergaard that 14.  

We need to get that down to 8 or 9. 

Those that we resign will be on new contracts so not on old PL salary.

Need to offload

Ward - He won’t go though

Faes - Not PL quality

Justin - Ditto

Souttar - Ditto but surely not on a huge salary?

Choudhury - Not PL quality, did we extend his contract or give him a new one on a lower rate?

Daka - Doubt we’ll be able to shift him

Iversen - Surely not on a huge salary 

Thomas - As Iversen

Soumare - Will want out but who will pay?

Kristiansen - As Soumare

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Leicester expected to vigorously defend itself against charges

An independent three-person commission will be put together. Senior figures at Leicester are pressing for any punishment to be imposed before the season starts.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/03/leicester-frustrated-with-enzo-maresca-jumping-ship-chelsea/

Along with the alleged breach in the 2022-23 season, when Leicester were last in the top division, the club was also charged with failing to submit their audited accounts.

Well, well, well... Percy confirms we are still facing two charges.

Apologies if already stated but Enzo does not officially start with Chelsea until 1st July. This is obviously to push the compensation due in to next year's accounts for their own FFP. This does not work well for us as we could do with the compo in June to help our own FFP/PSR position. 

On 27/05/2024 at 07:56, Jon the Hat said:

I reckon they have literally looked at what Arteta is doing and thought, we can copy that!

On 29/05/2024 at 17:36, coolhandfox said:

So, you think he would have turned them down lol

He couldn't pull his pants down fast enough! 

37 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Its quite petrifying that this is the most plausible post of the day 

2 hours ago, 87fox said:

Along with the alleged breach in the 2022-23 season, when Leicester were last in the top division, the club was also charged with failing to submit their audited accounts.

Well, well, well... Percy confirms we are still facing two charges.

Our case is, re the late submission of our account remains the same, in that we weren’t in the EPL and we were working to the EFL timeframe to submit our accounts.

• Like 1

How are we meant to convince a new manager or players to join our club this summer? 'You'll be in the Premier League this season but you'll likely get relegated with a points deduction.' What a sad position our incompetent board has put the club in.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, floz said:

Apologies if already stated but Enzo does not officially start with Chelsea until 1st July. This is obviously to push the compensation due in to next year's accounts for their own FFP. This does not work well for us as we could do with the compo in June to help our own FFP/PSR position. 

im guessing that they agreed to pay the full compensation if we agreed to put it into next year

that would indicate that we may be happy to go all in on our efl breach and take the chance that we stay up and therefore avoid the efl sanction 25/26. 

it’s ridiculous to say that he won’t be working for Chelsea before 1 July and it would be easy for us to take them/him to court over it if we hadn’t been ok to agree the 1 July date.

(it’s already reported in the media that he’s been watching videos of all Chelsea’s playing staff from last season. ) 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

im guessing that they agreed to pay the full compensation if we agreed to put it into next year

that would indicate that we may be happy to go all in on our efl breach and take the chance that we stay up and therefore avoid the efl sanction 25/26. 

it’s ridiculous to say that he won’t be working for Chelsea before 1 July and it would be easy for us to take them/him to court over it if we hadn’t been ok to agree the 1 July date.

(it’s already reported in the media that he’s been watching videos of all Chelsea’s playing staff from last season. ) 

That makes sense and you're right there is no way Enzo is not spending June watching Chelsea videos and speaking to staff and players. 

Posted (edited)

im  going to hazard a guess that the club owners have decided " buggrit" to  the championship FFP regulations and have concluded that the only possible  course of action is to not get relegated and thus not be open to any sanctions for the championship season. I cant think of any other reason why we would allow all the Maresca comp money to go towards next seasons budgets..

Edited by MPH

51 minutes ago, MPH said:

im  going to hazard a guess that the club owners have decided " buggrit" to  the championship FFP regulations and have concluded that the only possible  course of action is to not get relegated and thus not be open to any sanctions for the championship season. I cant think of any other reason why we would allow all the Maresca comp money to go towards next seasons budgets..

If this is where we go then it’s going to fun if the epl and efl get their houses in order on applying sanctions in each others domain. can imagine that being a legal minefield if they tried to apply it to us ‘retrospectively’

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If this is where we go then it’s going to fun if the epl and efl get their houses in order on applying sanctions in each others domain. can imagine that being a legal minefield if they tried to apply it to us ‘retrospectively’

Yeah that definitely wouldn't stand up in a court of law..

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

FA has us spending £8,113,789 on Intermediary and Football Agents' fees from 1 February 2023 to 1 February 2024. 

My calculations show that our amortisation for transfer fees will be around the 40m mark for 23-24, so ballpark 50m for both. 

I doubt we can generate enough revenue from player sales before the end of June to balance the books for the next reporting period. 

I think we will have to take our medicine and breach again. 

Things should be a lot better in 24-25. Our amortisation should be around 30m before incomings, and our wages should have reduced considerably. 

So there is a chance of another points deduction should we be relegated?

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

So there is a chance of another points deduction should we be relegated?

I think we could be looking at breaches and points deductions or fines for a few more years to come. It's messy.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I think we could be looking at breaches and points deductions or fines for a few more years to come. It's messy.

It's fine but they need to deal with the big clubs first. I don't care how 'complicated' cough corrupt it is.

If Man City hadn't cheated, we might have qualified for the Champions League on 2 occasions, I think really the whole thing is a sack of shit. I'm glad the Club has tried to be ambitious instead of just being mediocre Burnley type fodder. Without that ambition we don't win the Premier League or FA cup. Obvs the big six don't like the status quo being challenged, the game is dying and this stupid set of dumbass rules is one of the final nails being hammered in. What's the point if the only ever teams to challenge are City, Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool, how dull. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

Spurs🤣🤣

Well they are part of the cartel **** knows why, maybe because it's one less team to actually compete with the others.

The main issue is if our owner wants to lose 300 million, that is entirely up to him, unless the authorities can prove he isn't good for the money. Which given the history of debt to equity swaps seems unlikely. 

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Leicester expected to vigorously defend itself against charges

An independent three-person commission will be put together. Senior figures at Leicester are pressing for any punishment to be imposed before the season starts.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/03/leicester-frustrated-with-enzo-maresca-jumping-ship-chelsea/

Why are they only now ramping up their search? those running the club dont have a football brain.

On 02/06/2024 at 16:32, Bluetintedspecs said:

I would assume anyone receiving a promotion bonus will be structured that its paid/amortised in next years accounts so no impact on the PSR 3 years including Accounts ending 30th June 24 

No it would be paid in the 23/24 accounting year so will impact in the EFL calculations for 30/6/24. Irrespective it wouldn’t be amortised the same way as a transfer fee or associated costs are

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, think you could be right. A points deduction this season is one thing but we don't need the hassle of more in the EFL. That could really drag us down.

42 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Why are they only now ramping up their search? those running the club dont have a football brain.

Don’t believe every word that’s printed in the paper……