Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City and PSR – Everything you need to know on EFL dispute, player sales, and what next

21 minutes ago, stu said:

Basically a rehash of the Sun story, but also states we expect to receive a 6 point deduction for 22/23, according to an unnamed club source

Hmmm sounds familiar just a different spin, unarmed club source sounds better than the Sun 

“Leicester are likely to suffer the same fate as Everton, who were given two points deductions for overspending in successive three-year periods ending in 2021-22 and 2022-23.

The Toffees had November’s ten-point deduction reduced to six on appeal for the first offence”

Edited by HankMarvin

6 hours ago, stu said:

Basically a rehash of the Sun story, but also states we expect to receive a 6 point deduction for 22/23, according to an unnamed club source.

Also pushes the narrative that the FL have handed their investigation over to the PL for 23/24 which could show another breach.

Six points sounds about right for the first breach and would not be a disaster.

The fact that the EFL’s investigation has been handed over to the PL is not surprising. The EFL forecast to be in breach last season and that investigation has not concluded yet. However, the there are three key points that none of these articles bother to address:

1) Previous reports have suggested the club is confident that the money received from Chelsea for Enzo and KDH. It’s unlikely this has changed, so why is this not mentioned?

2) Even if we were in breach for 2021-24, the money received from Chelsea would almost certainly mean it was a minor breach, significantly reducing the likelihood of a second points deduction. Not only that, but two years of the 2021-24 period would already have been dealt with by the punishment for the first breach. This would also significantly reduce the size of any second points deduction.

3) Does the FA have the legal grounds to impose a second points deduction anyway? It’s never been done when the two offences have occurred in different divisions. 

Added together, I think these factors make it extremely unlikely we’ll receive a second points deduction. All that has happened is that the EFL has handed its investigation into 2021-24, to the PL, which is hardly surprising given that the investigation won’t conclude until we publish our accounts for last year and we’re now a PL club. The dramatic headlines suggesting ‘Leicester face two points deductions’ etc are basically clickbait - they’re over-egging it to get people to read the story.

I still reckon we’ll get six for the first breach and nothing will come of the EFL investigation. I can live with that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If the EFL are handing their investigation over to the Prem, surely then they wouldn't be able to retrospectively charge us when we get relegated?

Correct.

My concern is we'll be hit early with a transfer embargo though if we're relegated so I'm nervous if we've done all our budget on Skipp and will look at a loan for another attacking midfielder and striker.

It’s going to really sting if we get a breach for 23/24 when Chelsea have sold their hotel and women’s team back to themselves in order to comply and a bunch of clubs have player swapped with each other for over inflated fees.

I know we aren’t normally ones to play by the book, but clubs are making a mockery of the rules.

18 minutes ago, Ricey said:

It’s going to really sting if we get a breach for 23/24 when Chelsea have sold their hotel and women’s team back to themselves in order to comply and a bunch of clubs have player swapped with each other for over inflated fees.

I know we aren’t normally ones to play by the book, but clubs are making a mockery of the rules.

Don’t selling kdh meant we are ok for that period?

27 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I suspect that because we’re already in the doo doo, we decided that these type deals would be too risky to become involved with. 

55 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They also got a £40m COVID allowance when all other clubs were only allowed £1m.

The club should be hyper aggressive in our defence. The Premier League and the EFL have displayed such BRAZEN corruption that it would be utterly farcical for us to get any sanction whatsoever.

Expose them. 

That's been debunked slightly. The bloke saying all that seems to have it in for Man United. He's ex Man City. They've already said Everton had £8m and Villa had 20m. Just Man United had to disclose theirs because they're on stock market. 

• Like 1

Incredibly bias viewpoint, but I'm still partially confused why we still need points deducting.

We "broke" PSR rules, but subsequently were relegated anyway. We had the biggest punishment possible, why do we need a subsequent punishment having already faced relegation? 

We've had the issues of cutting our cloth, selling best assets to comply with championship PSR. I don't understand why we need further punishment.