Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City and PSR – Everything you need to know on EFL dispute, player sales, and what next

7 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

If they're going to do anything, why can't they...

A) Let us know what we can do by way of mitigation i.e. how much we need to reduce wages or sell players (granted, the club probably already know this, but not making it public.)

B) Give us the penalty points now, so we know what we're up against. It's only fair to any incoming manager and players. With this uncertainty, it will hamper our ability to recruit.

You'd think they know 22/23 by now. From what I understand 23/24 doesn't finish till June. So we could still make that depending how far out we are. 

12 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Barnes and Timmy were definitely 23/24 plus we get 10 million + For Enzo. FA Cup run prob brings in some. Wages down quite a bit with the departures. The new signings will be over the contract length. I'm not sure it's totally clear cut. We don't really know until we see it but obviously the club with try and take out whatever is possible. I do think there is a reasonable question of if you have had 3 top 10 Premier League finishes and Challenging for Europe why would your business plan include a relegation model? Yes the club made errors on the wage bill, but largely PSR is a massive steaming pile of shit. It also doesn't included the 10% inflation over the past few years. 

Your forgetting the price of promotion. 

There will be a huge cost in bonuses written into players contracts if we went up especially some of the players who has a wage cut.

The likes of Mavididi Winks Madds abd others  probably will have had a good bonus, not forgetting the clubs they came from who will probably have an add on of some sort coming their way because we went up.

Then bonuses to Enzo and his coaches and agents.

You are looking at a significant amount of money around I would guess. 

Plus now the old guards contracts will have returned pre relegation levels. 

It's now going to be double hardt to get the likes of 

Ward

Iversen 

Kristiansen 

Soumare 

Daka 

Souttar

Now their wages would have climbed. 

Off the wage bill more wasted wages unless we utilise these players which we may be forced to anyway. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

There will be a huge cost in bonuses written into players contracts if we went up especially some of the players who has a wage cut.

The likes of Mavididi Winks Madds abd others  probably will have had a good bonus, not forgetting the clubs they came from who will probably have an add on of some sort coming their way because we went up.

Ward

Iversen 

Kristiansen 

Soumare 

Daka 

Souttar

Off the wage bill more wasted wages unless we utilise these players which we may be forced to anyway. 

We don't really know if any bonuses were written in a presumably we never expected to be relegated, so would there be a promotion bonus? Not sure.

Obviously some wages will increase but largely that's next years accounts. 

Some of those players could be useful in the right system with the right manager. Apart from Ward, maybe Soumare, none of them are terrible. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We don't really know if any bonuses were written in a presumably we never expected to be relegated, so would there be a promotion bonus? Not sure.

say you’re an agent 

you accept a relegation wage clause 

you don’t insist on a promotion bonus clause 

Is that likely ???

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Some of those players could be useful in the right system with the right manager. Apart from Ward, maybe Soumare, none of them are terrible. 

Winks, Mavididi,Mads,Coady  Cannon ,Doyal will probably have it written in as will the clubs we got them off.

Juat making a point that all. These things add up to huge numbers that most fans forget about 

Edited by themightyfin

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

say you’re an agent 

you accept a relegation wage clause 

you don’t insist on a promotion bonus clause 

Is that likely ???

I was talking  more about the new players for promotion bonuses.  But who knows others could have had bonuses as well I'm not sure. 

Edited by themightyfin

31 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I was talking  more about the new players for promotion bonuses.  But who knows others could have had bonuses as well I'm not sure. 

Im fairly certain most will 

only those players with terrible agents wouldn’t (or any that managed to avoid a relegation wage clause ) 

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

On contracts RIC, many of the old guards wages will have gone back up to pre relegation rates because of promotion as per their contracts.

Relegation ment they took a drop but promotion puts them back on their old wage. 

Promotion will also have cost millions on bonuses built into contracts and add ons in transfers . 

So Wages could still be an issue For a while yet . 

I more meant that in the year since we were last there we'll have removed the high wages of many players. Renegotiated wages (if they stay) for Vardy, Ndidi and Vestergaard and all new signings need to be on much more sensible wages.

Those still on a big whack like Justin, Ricardo, Daka, Soumare, KDH etc I'd be looking to move on if needs be and properly clear the decks to free up our wage bill.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I more meant that in the year since we were last there we'll have removed the high wages of many players. Renegotiated wages (if they stay) for Vardy, Ndidi and Vestergaard and all new signings need to be on much more sensible wages.

Those still on a big whack like Justin, Ricardo, Daka, Soumare, KDH etc I'd be looking to move on if needs be and properly clear the decks to free up our wage bill.

Is Ricardo not out of contract?

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Ward

Iversen 

Kristiansen 

Soumare 

Daka 

Souttar

Forest quantified their promotion bonuses to players alone at £20 million. Their  Championship promotion team was in all likelihood paid less and whilst no more than a guess I would imagine Leicesters would as a minimum be that sum  and almost certainly a few millions on top.

By my back of a fag packet calculations  the PSR EXCESS in 23/4 will be circa the same levels as 21/22 & 22/23 £50 million ish each year and that’s  with a  wage bill reducing by some 30% in 23/24 and amortisation by about £10 million but to counter that Broadcast Income down by £50 million, Player trading profit down £30 million, other income down £5 million but of course the allowance last year was £22 million less

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I would assume anyone receiving a promotion bonus will be structured that its paid/amortised in next years accounts so no impact on the PSR 3 years including Accounts ending 30th June 24 

17 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

Forest quantified their promotion bonuses to players alone at £20 million. Their  Championship promotion team was in all likelihood paid less and whilst no more than a guess I would imagine Leicesters would as a minimum be that sum  and almost certainly a few millions on top.

By my back of a fag packet calculations  the PSR EXCESS in 23/4 will be circa the same levels as 21/22 & 22/23 £50 million ish each year and that’s  with a  wage bill reducing by some 30% in 23/24 and amortisation by about £10 million but to counter that Broadcast Income down by £50 million, Player trading profit down £30 million, other income down £5 million but of course the allowance last year was £22 million less

I think our wage bill for 2024/25 will be a good 35-40% less (possibly even more) than it was in 2022/23 due to the sheer number of high earners that have left. I'd hope we've been signing new players at much lower than the average £94k a week we'd seemingly gotten to.

If the average is more like £55-60k then we are on the right road but it needs to come down further.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think our wage bill for 2024/25 will be a good 35-40% less (possibly even more) than it was in 2022/23 due to the sheer number of high earners that have left. I'd hope we've been signing new players at much lower than the average £94k a week we'd seemingly gotten to.

If the average is more like £55-60k then we are on the right road but it needs to come down further.

It’s the promotion bonus that I think pushes it significantly back up

46 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

It’s the promotion bonus that I think pushes it significantly back up

Still shouldn't be anywhere near £130m on wages for 2024/25. The club will have known what was coming last summer and it's unforgivable if the wages for new signings included massive promotion bonuses. Coady and Winks will have already been paid a very good wage hence why they came here.

The old guard may well be a problem though in that regard. Its why I think we need to move Justin, Ricardo and a few others on immediately. 

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still shouldn't be anywhere near £130m on wages for 2024/25. The club will have known what was coming last summer and it's unforgivable if the wages for new signings included massive promotion bonuses. Coady and Winks will have already been paid a very good wage hence why they came here.

The old guard may well be a problem though in that regard. It’s why I think we need to move Justin, Ricardo and a few others on immediately. 

I have assumed it’s more like £150 million and amortisation of £65 million. 

33 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

Where you getting £65m from in player amortisation? I've got it at less than half that.

1 hour ago, Terraloon said:

Amortisation drops to around 40m for 23/24 and around 30m 24/25 until make purchases in the summer window.

23 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Didn't really harm Everton or Forest.

Club has been kick the can down the road as much as possible over the last 12 months, I can't see them changing their approach now.

I think if I was a player, I would rather we on zero point at start of season, and we higher up the table, that has to be better for the mental state of the squad surely, so I feel I agree with you on this one.

Starting on minus 8, minus 10 whatever it is, it feels like you down before the season starts.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, themightyfin said:

By the time we kick off our squad will be significantly weaker thsn the squad that took us down.

Brentford Forest and Fulham Brighton ect that you talk about were  better then ,so I struggle to see how we are better than those teans now who's squads are of similar abilities than the season in which we went down now and we was not good enough then ? 

How many actual premier league standard players do we currently still have who would be in the 25? 

Mads

JJ

Ricardo 

KDH 

Winks

Mavididi 

You could make a case for one or two others but.

The rest would struggle to get into any other  Premier league teams  starting 11.

I highly doubt we will be bringing many of the same standard,in fact we could even lose one or two of those. 

The points deduction will play a massive part.

If we get to a poor start we could be 10 ganes plus into the season before we even wipe out the negative deficit. 

It's vital we come out the traps and pick up points from the off. 

I think we neede to be realistic and get ready to potentially YoYo for a few years.

Relegation was a disaster for the club is still being felt now and will be for a few years yet I feel. 

We really need to take of the blue-tinted glasses abd be prepared to be disappointed. 

It could get messy for a while yet. 

My counter argument is it was mostly mismanagement that sent us down, with the club not investing contributing to it.

This squad is still better than other teams have had, who survived in the EPL.

It will be a tough season but I think staying up is possible with the right type of manager.  The managerial appointment will be key.

Great escape season we would have survived a 6 point penalty on goal difference, 8 points would have taken us down by a 2 point deficit.

Edited by Chrysalis