Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Hull (A) Match-Thread

People saying we have no attacking sharpness - we've hit the post, had chances for Yunus and Vardy and had Yunus chopped down as he was steaming into the box.

I think we've attacked ok.  Certainly not as abject as some are making out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Not a great 1st half. 
This is arguably our toughest game remaining.

A draw isn’t a disaster.

Our bench is good, correct changes could be crucial in getting the win.

Stay positive.

I agree, BUT, from what I have seen this season, Enzo is not at his best when he makes substitutions!

5 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Our bench is good, correct changes could be crucial in getting the win.

Unfortunately Enzo has not shown great game management when it comes to subs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I may be wrong.. but I'm getting the impression from FT that Faes should be hooked.

tbf we could have a brilliant performance from every single player and win etc and someone on here would still pick fault somewhere

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Justin give me hope I can get an England cap.

Faes and him are like the chuckle brothers.

To be fair, Justin’s massively dropped off since coming back from serious long-term injury - and IMHO he’s much better playing on the right.

• Like 2

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Too vague for me sorry, specifics would be nice, was a genuine question trying to understand, can understand Faes, but not Mavididi.

He gave away a penalty, lost every 50/50, awful shot from outside of the box, tried to play in KDH and overhit it massively 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

People saying we have no attacking sharpness - we've hit the post, had chances for Yunus and Vardy and had Yunus chopped down as he was steaming into the box.

But this is foxestalk. We're either gods gift to football or the worst thing to happen to the game since the Americans. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Defence not good enough to play as a back three 

Hamza offers nothing again as a RB and very little pottering around in midfield 

This is madness to me, he's been great

1 minute ago, Danno said:

He gave away a penalty, lost every 50/50, awful shot from outside of the box, tried to play in KDH and overhit it massively 

Ahh yeah I forgot the penalty incident thanks.  That explains the comments actually as FT doesnt forgive key incidents.  The rest of what you said probably applies to half the team out there today.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

It just looks that way because we miss so many chances 

• Like 1

Just now, Always Next Year said:

Have we got anyone who came actually shoot at goal, out off all the Sea Grave training videos that I have seen none of them show any shoots at goal there all of them playing tip tap the ball around each other.

You base this on the 2 min clips on YouTube?

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Not just him though is it?  I agree by the way. Whole team has fell off its wrist. I can’t even put my finger on it to be honest. Yes our tactics have been sussed and countered, but the players we have are better than 99% of the rest of the league. No confidence, little to no belief. It’s awful. And yet it’s still in our hands. Let’s all just hope for a better 2nd half. 

Yea, but he's a special case. 

Like all vanity coaches Enzo doesn't have a plan B. Even Pep would be 'found out' at this level if he wasn't backed with money. It can still work if we get the right players in to suit, or, as in our case, if our squad is by far the best in the league, but if it goes wrong, it goes wrong a la Rodgers, which is to say spectacularly. 

Just now, NaijaFox said:

To be fair, Justin’s massively dropped off since coming back from serious long-term injury - and IMHO he’s much better playing on the right.

I don’t know why he doesn’t play on the right side. Does anyone clued up more on the tactics know why? Surely he could be switched to the right side instead. 

Just now, NaijaFox said:

JJ is a full back out and out. And he’s an incredible one. This position doesn’t suit him at all, but his pace gets him out of trouble. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I’m convinced if Faes got a buzzcut or a low taper fade he’d instantly become an elite defender. 

He was probably thinking just that when he lost the ball and they scored 

3 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Defence not good enough to play as a back three 

Hamza offers nothing again as a RB and very little pottering around in midfield 

Ricardo has been a massive miss…

I’ve quite enjoyed it, awful pitch, both teams are up for it, lots of pressing by both teams, crap ref. It’s an old school Championship classic. Unfortunately Faes is having a nightmare and Mavididi who should be having Coyle on toast has once again allowed the old school fullback to get into his head.