Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) Match-Thread

If Sterling hadn't pissed 2 chances away this would be humiliating.

We can string a few passes together but no clue in the final third.

Fatawu obviously instructed to run at them but he has been poor.

Just now, J-FOX said:

Choudary is awful.

Out of position.

No awareness.

Slow.

Drunk driver.

and somehow we consider this as CAPTAIN MATERIAL !

Not hamza fault at the back stick.

Faes was covering Vesty, Hamza covering the pull back. Fatawu had to make the ground up there but was miles behind because their counter came straight from him cutting in running into bodies again.

Second goal was mich worse.

Vesty looks really poor at this level.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

We can do the nice stuff well but we are terrible at winning battles and doing the nasty stuff.

It's nothing to do with nasty stuff (in my opinion).

Its communication, decision making and in hamza's case, effort from the back 4.

I'd like to see Hamza and Vesty off for Coady and Justin. A little more of a standard back 4

• Like 1

Vestergaard against these sort of quick Prem teams with a highish line is always recipe for disaster. Nelson I'd like to have seen play, least he can get back quicker. 

Hamza also at this level gets found out imo

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

Our defending (not just the defence) has been shocking. It’s easy to put all the blame on the defence but there’s a much bigger problem here today. Much of the blame has to lie with Enzo for setting the side up so open. The midfield are being completely over-run, placing the defence under extreme pressure that they can’t cope with.

If this isn’t changed, this could be a lot worse second half (if Chelsea keep the momentum up and don’t just slow down).

Really naive management I’m afraid. Faes and Vestie are pants at this level, but they aren’t being helped whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

****ing hell some people overreact we are playing decently against a billion pound squad. 

Some people need to screw there heads back on

Problem is we been playing like this against Championship sides as well. Same problems. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Mate, we’re in the championship they’re in the premier league……. 

Wolves v Coventry, come on, we are crap out there today, I see nothing positive about our play today at all, in any area, apart from the keeper saving the pen

6 minutes ago, LVFox said:

We've played nice stuff at times, midfield 3 look comfortable enough at this level.

The back 4 is horrific, and we should be 4 down.

Naive football really, I admire that we are sticking to our principles but other than our midfield 3, we are nowhere near their level

I understand the admiration, I thought it was admirable at first, at this point I think it’s probably some of the most naive and stubborn management I’ve ever seen. 

so many players completely incapable of playing this system and yet he refuses to change. 

Nobody is asking for silky football and giant killing, just give us at the very least the basics and a cut out the mistakes stemming from trying to play inverted full backs and putting passing pressure on defenders slower than molasses. 

crazy to me that people still think we are on the right path with this stubbornness. 
edit: none of that was a dig at what you said by the way 😂

Edited by cityfanlee23

6 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

All the back 4 are not good enough for the PL. You can get away with a couple in the team if with good PL but they look so exposed as a unit

One quality centre back, leader and organiser, alongside Coady would make this a different team.

Faes and Vestergaard are circus freaks and never have been anything other than that. We were just paid too much respect in the first half of the season so they weren't found out.

Both our wingers has been so off form for weeks , yet we play them week in week out, I get we don't have many options with injuries but you can change tactics formation ..just doing the same rubbish