Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) Match-Thread

Just now, J-FOX said:

Daka is like the modern day Trevor Benjamin

That's being disrespectful to Trev.

Trev was £500k signing, and was never meant to be awesome, but Daka, we spent £20mill or something and was expected to be the next Vardy

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

If we go up the defence needs massive investment. Doyle has done well but the rest of em clearly not good enough

Doyle has been ok on the ball. Defensively he has been ripped time and time again. The 2nd goal doesn't happen with JJ on the pitch, Palmer isn't quick yet he wasn't alert enough to the danger in the first place when Sterling got in, nor quick enough to recover.

Don't want to just mention Doyle though, the whole backline and defensive organisation is a total shambles. Wait for us to give it away, 2 passes and they're in. As Ricey said, we dominate the ball so much in the league these issues don't get exposed so much, but this is a terrifying window into what would happen in the premier league without big changes.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

You can’t play the same tactics every game.

The Pearson / Claudio tactics of counter attack work best against top teams

We can only play the Enzo way,we go up and we will be spanked every game.

He has no other plans which shows he is still learning but an exspirenced manager has knowledge to change a game.

Sorry but Enzo might not be the person we need if we go up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Just so people are aware this is a poor poor Chelsea side

? I'd suggest that most are aware of that.

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

so let's say even by a huge miracle we do get promoted

Huge miracle? What?

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

we would need to sell atleast 7 of the starting 11 to even attempt to fight off relegation.

No one is under any illusions about the current quality of our squad and the challenges that lie ahead. The concern lies in attracting new talent.

6 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

If our build up play wasn't so slow we would of probably had a goal this half.

Our problem is wanting to walk the ball in the net

The press hasn't been at its best although we have created chances in the final third and the service has been there. It's the finishing that has been problematic. 

7 minutes ago, foxsake said:

Daka looking more and more like an Ade Akinbyi tribute act with each game..

I EXPECT him to miss his chances, that's how conditioned I have become to his complete lack of killer instinct and finishing. 

what happened to him?.. :(

He's only had one good game in his time here. 

He's had flashes in some games but overall. Only one good game. 

I'm with you, never expect him to score his chances. He offers nothing, I don't get why people defend him, he is dreadful. 

Cannon on the other hand, when he's played, he's looked dangerous, he's quicker than I thought too. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigGibbo said:

One quality centre back, leader and organiser, alongside Coady would make this a different team.

Faes and Vestergaard are circus freaks and never have been anything other than that. We were just paid too much respect in the first half of the season so they weren't found out.

Coady is better for this game.

Vesty will get beat for pace the whole game.

Doyle is really poor this game too.

1 minute ago, Vazman said:

Wolves v Coventry, come on, we are crap out there today, I see nothing positive about our play today at all, in any area, apart from the keeper saving the pen

Wolves and Chelsea are totally different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

this forum is going to be horrible later if Leeds win

We've conceded 11 goals in 5 and half games. Our defence has been terrible lately and it could cost us. 

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

It's nothing to do with nasty stuff (in my opinion).

Its communication, decision making and in hamza's case, effort from the back 4.

I'd like to see Hamza and Vesty off for Coady and Justin. A little more of a standard back 4

We don’t have players who win battles and win tackles. Softness throughout our squad is our biggest problem

7 minutes ago, Raj said:

We are SO ****ing shit against a premier league team who arent anything special.

They should be 4 up.

We ain't had a shot on target yet ffs🤣🤣🤣

Not just Prem teams, our decision making and final ball in and around the oppositions box for the last dozen or so games has been fcuking woeful. Daka by the way is just not the answer.

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Daka wasting a fantastic chance again, and big Jan talking himself out of a new contract. KDH has been brilliant , Winks has looked too weak. 

I might shed a tear if we award Jan a new contract. 

• Like 1

Just now, adamkhalifa said:

The whole system needs a rethink. Honestly, hate this type of football. We ain't Barcelona. We ain't Man City. And Enzo stop referencing Pep. 

This ultimately is the problem. It’s a style that works scarily well if you have players that can maintain high possession in every match. If your squad contains a higher calibre of player than the opposition's it can work really well. Which is why it’s worked really well for us this season when our best players have been fit.

However against teams with a similar or better quality of player, or if we lose a couple of key players, it can quickly become exposed.

Guest J-FOX

Mavididi seems to get no criticism despite walking around doing nothing for weeks.... the whole team is far removed from Southampton or Blackburn away....... at what point do we face the harsh fact that we have bottle job DNA...... several seasons now.