Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) Match-Thread

2 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

We can only play the Enzo way,we go up and we will be spanked every game.

He has no other plans which shows he is still learning but an exspirenced manager has knowledge to change a game.

Sorry but Enzo might not be the person we need if we go up.

This.

• Like 1

We've been getting exposed down the right all season playing the inverted full back system. Hamza is often further across to the left side than he is to the right and easy to exploit with fast counter attacks leaving no time to reset into a back 4. 

We’ve been our own worst enemy this first half playing to high line leaving the wings short need to dig in this second half stop giving away cheap balls not allowing the ref to give silly fouls against us as he’s been awful, nice save from Jacub from the penalty just now need to turn this tie on its head a couple of changes early on ?

• Like 1

We've played some nice stuff, and I'm impressed with KDH, but we carry very little threat.

Fatawu on his day can be brilliant, but he's been awful today. 

But the lack of pace in the backline has been our real problem.

• Like 2

Just now, Vazman said:

Wolves v Coventry, come on, we are crap out there today, I see nothing positive about our play today at all, in any area, apart from the keeper saving the pen

FFS, Chelsea maybe having a poor season, but they’re better than Wolves. 

We beat Bournemouth didn’t we? People have been winging at me for being negative, but **** me this is next level today…… what did people actually think would happen? Chelsea’s pace was always going to be far too much for us today, we haven’t played all that badly, but we know we make mistakes, our confidence is fragile at the moment, and Chelsea have exploited that. 

What needs to happen is Enzo learns something from this game today to take into the final 9 games. 

• Like 1

The frustrating thing is that you can get at this Chelsea side as they're really not that great defensively, but we've not really laid a glove on them.Their strength is in attack and you can't help think that if we'd kept it tight we'd be in this, but they're cutting through us like a knife through melted butter.

We miss Ricardo positionally, but he's only one player. The others haven't been great. Maybe Justin might have been a better option with his pace, but it feels more intrinsic than individual players and individual performances. It's only less exposed in the Championship because we dominate the ball. 

1 minute ago, Ledecestre said:

Wolves and Chelsea are totally different.

The comparison was Prem v Championship, nothing else, Leeds bagged 2 against these we be very lucky to get a shot on target at this rate

1 minute ago, J-FOX said:

Mavididi seems to get no criticism despite walking around doing nothing for weeks.... the whole team is far removed from Southampton or Blackburn away....... at what point do we face the harsh fact that we have bottle job DNA...... several seasons now.

Mate, I think we've all accepted that 

Just now, Vacamion said:

We've played some nice stuff, and I'm impressed with KDH, but we carry very little threat.

Fatawu on his day can be brilliant, but he's been awful today. 

But the lack of pace in the backline has been our real problem.

We have been decent other then either final 3rd.

12 minutes ago, Langston said:

We are going to get killed next year if we go into it with Faes and Vestergaard as starting CBs 

And a few others. Need to potentially have one of our best windows ever and be very shrewd. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Coady is better for this game.

Vesty will get beat for pace the whole game.

Doyle is really poor this game too.

Agreed.

Although I'd have Coady and Vestergaard (or Nelson) as even though he will get left for dead over and over again he is capable of being organised into being better positioned, whereas Faes is just a shit maverick.