Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

FA Cup: Chelsea (A) Match-Thread

Just now, RearsbyFox said:

We've conceded 11 goals in 5 and half games. Our defence has been terrible lately and it could cost us. 

even if we won every single game 8-0 someone on here would be moaning, and word is "could" cost us

still alot of football too be played, and every game we dont steam roll a team in the championship its an uproar

i fully expected us to lose today; so its no surprise to me

• Sad 1

We’re just not very good when it matters. 

Luckily the Championship is full of so much shit that we’ve done well to be at the top. 

But, like others have said, without huge investment (assuming we do go up), we’ll be coming straight back down. 

• Like 1

I have a feeling our earlier FA Cup team would have done better than this team. We’re so open at the back Chelsea should have had far more. Hoping it’s not going to get worse than this. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mark said:

I’m sure he’s been coached to cut inside, he wasn’t like this when he first joined. Needs to go back to playing on instinct 

Both Stephy and Fattawu have the ability to run down the wing and cross the ball....but they dont!  They run down the wing and then STOP-dead ( gives the defence a chance to organise etc ) and cross with their 'wrong' foot.  Opposition teams know how to play against such tactics, over and over and over and over again.

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

When Ricardo isn't fit, there's no way we should be playing the inverted full back tactic, largely because we can't bloody do it. You need an alternative, Enzo. Surely he can see that?

Yep, doesn't always work with Hamza. Especially not against this opposition where you can get exposed ever so easily. 

Not sure how Enzo would change it. Unlikely he'd go to a back 4 with Justin for example. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vazman said:

The comparison was Prem v Championship, nothing else, Leeds bagged 2 against these we be very lucky to get a shot on target at this rate

Leeds came into the game flying and on form, we haven't.

Think it would be a different game if we played when we were flying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vazman said:

The comparison was Prem v Championship, nothing else, Leeds bagged 2 against these we be very lucky to get a shot on target at this rate

The difference is Leeds have pace throughout their team we have none.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

FFS, Chelsea maybe having a poor season, but they’re better than Wolves. 

We beat Bournemouth didn’t we? People have been winging at me for being negative, but **** me this is next level today…… what did people actually think would happen? Chelsea’s pace was always going to be far too much for us today, we haven’t played all that badly, but we know we make mistakes, our confidence is fragile at the moment, and Chelsea have exploited that. 

What needs to happen is Enzo learns something from this game today to take into the final 9 games. 

4th Feb Chelsea v Wolves, Wolves win 4 to 2 away, your argument holds zero substance, I dont expect  to win I expect too see a decent performance that's all

Guest Col city fan

Watching this today is pretty much the first time I’ve been worried about Maresca.

Setting us up today to try to outplay Chelsea today, (ie plan A) shows such little tactical flexibility. Today was a game we needed to be tight in the middle, soak up pressure, defend well and try to hit on the counter. Wolves are nowhere near as good as Chelsea but Robins managed to do this yesterday with Cov.

How we concede goals is the problem. Far too easily. 
I was convinced we were going to get auto promotion, but I’m not so sure now. We look like sides have worked us out, and we seem to have no plan B 

Our squad is still the best in the Championship, but the confidence seems to have disintegrated. I hope we just have enough. 

In the middle half of the pitch I think we've been OK with the ball but at either end it's been poor. 

No real threat or cutting edge and Chelsea have cut through us so easily. Defending for both of their goals and the Sterling miss were awful. So simple.

We're lucky it's only 2 at the moment.