Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Bristol City 1 - 0 LCFC Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Winstonthedog said:

If you think about it ... 1st half of the season ..  new style of play ... teams probably more respectful of our recent achievements  ... second half of the season we have been worked out and now teams enjoy playing against us because they know they are in with a shout and we are unable to put any team to the sword 

Which begs the obvious question… why not adapt accordingly rather than recycling the same predictable ‘idea’?

Guest Col city fan
25 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

The positivity the bloke brought with him has vanished. What worries me is that all the good he brought with him has been ground out of him. 

Its the sort of thing i've seen at companies where there is a toxic culture running it.  They 'want' to bring people in to change it, and at first they are often happy to accept a few changes, but over time everyone in charge reverts to form and slowly grinds the goodness out of people. I fear the biggest issue with our club is the directorship and senior management. Whilst they are performing below standards, they will drag everyone else down to their level.

Thats how I see LCFC. Toxic

And incompetent.

It's very frustrating when Mads has the ball in his hands with opposition players out of position and we have no desire to counter attack. Happened a couple of times today. I go back to that game against West Brom where Maresca seemed a bit annoyed after the game that we'd scored a couple of counter attacking goals and said it's not something they work on. It doesn't make sense to me when it seems to suit the strengths of the attacking players we have 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

He needs to accept we lost this game because of his missed chances.

If it was Daka you’d see about 4 new threads about how shit he is.

To be honest, Vardy was sh*t today and it's down to him we lost, really. Daka though has form right the way through the season, bar a couple of games he was good. So I'd still rather see Vardy.

43 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Wilf has absolutely lost the form he had earlier in the season.

Wilf was very poor today, but can’t single him out as almost all of the team played way below what they are capable of, and THAT is the hardest pill to swallow when you watch such an abject performance like todays.

5 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I'm just numb to it. The wheels are coming off and we're throwing it away completely but I feel nothing. 

Going up to a points deduction or staying down to a points deduction.

Great times.

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We played like a team whose players and manager are divided.

Theres no cohesion with the project and the performance. The players have lost belief. 

For such an important game, where was the urgency, precision passing,? The players body language is worrying they seemed basically scared to try anything different. Even still playing the tippy tappy stuff when we desperately need a goal with minutes left is unbelievable. It’s pretty obvious teams have sussed out our predictable one style of playing.

• Like 2

9 years after the Great Escape began on the Easter weekend, Leicester continue the Great Decline. As many others have said, this would arguably be the worst and most damaging collapse in our history given our financial state and the FFP problems. I was quite looking forward to going to the King Power on Monday. Now I might as well just watch a few Carry On films. At least that's enjoyable farce!

We just lack intensity from the get go. It's like they think they can pass it around (slowly) and the chances will come eventually. You never see us going for it unless we are losing in the last 10 mins. Need to move the ball quicker. Too often we end up with the ball in the back 4 after looking in a good position in the opposition half.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

Every game is the same.  Faes, Hamza, Winks, Vestagard slow back passes while everyone stands around for Vestagard to blast into midfield, hoping Vardy will be able to flick it to KDH. Usually it ends up with a counter attack.

Even at a goal down they play with the blinkers on and ignore the wingers in space.  When we are losing they slow it down even more under the guise of controlling the play. 

You would think individual errors from Hamza and Faes would see them on the bench. They have cost us over the past two months. 

It’s frustrating when Enzo ball is obviously not working, they continue but even slower and higher up the pitch. 

The issue here is, when Maresca ball works we win and we are happy.  In reality the football is boring and we dont really make the most of the talent we have.

When it fails Enzo is lost because he is a pep wannabe without peps skills.  He is unfortunately a very limited manager.

• Like 3

I’ve said it for a few seasons now. We don’t know how to not lose games, draws are vital in any league but we seem to only have a win or bust mentality. 

Lost the most amount of games of the top 4 now. I guarantee Ipswich’s 9 draws to our 4 will be the difference in a months time.