Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Bristol City 1 - 0 LCFC Post Match Thread

31 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I'm just numb to it. The wheels are coming off and we're throwing it away completely but I feel nothing. 

What do u mean are coming off? They have completely fell off already!

6 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

Lots of commentary today about the fact that we have been sussed out and need to change tactics.Totally agree.

I have lots of ideas. Here is one.  Don’t keep doing the thing that worked for us at the start of the season. That is;….a short pass out to Faes or Vestergard, who walk slowly out, waiting for the opposition striker to run towards them, then, at the last second, pass to someone else who is in space. Early in the season, that process kept possession, physically wore the opposition down and allowed Leicester to play out from the back.

It doesn’t work any more! When Faes has the ball with someone clearly in the open in front of him, he waits and waits and waits to someone comes to him. The opposing player now knows exactly what is going to happen.. As he closes Faes down, he does it in one direction, forcing Faes to pass in the direction and to a player the opposition want. Meanwhile, they know exactly where that will be and as the attacker approaches Faes, they send someone across to cover the predictable pass.

Not only does that allow them to press way more effectively, but it leads to screw ups and high risk……and the slow process allows them to get more men back to defence.

For goodness sake….pass the ball quickly to a player who is open! Beat the press! Don’t encourage the press! Open up the game and get upfield quickly! Stop inviting them on!

……and it ain’t just me that can see it.

Exacto mundo 

But our brilliant Italian mastermind of a manager can't seem to figure that out.

He just thinks he's Pep and can do it every game.

What concerns me the most is the lack of intensity. It's non-existent. That for me comes from the manager. I was impressed with the start he made but never got too carried away. When my non Leicester supporting mates laughed when I suggested it was far from over I simply said I've supported this club long enough to know anything can happen.

That said, I'm starting to wonder if recent results are the product of Enzo's philosophy finally influencing our play and the results seen in the early stages of the season were merely a case of the players playing at a level below their ability. Recent performances are not only bizarre but players who looked miles ahead of anything in this league now look woeful. 

I'm not usually big on the idea of changing manager during the season, but agree with others that I don't see a future beyond this season with Enzo in charge so now is as good as any to bring in some fresh ideas especially with the likes of Cooper and Potter (if possible) out of work. If there's even the slightest chance of a new manager bounce we need it now. 

• Like 3

It’s just so slow. Which is understandable because teams just need to be organised against us in order to slow down our play which makes it easy to defend against. That said we still had clear chances … but **** me sometimes it’s shit to watch. 

• Like 2

Having just watched again Vardy's gilt edged chances again I'm at a loss as to how a striker of his standing missed 2 sitters like that.

Then 2 minutes of Enzo's post game interview. It's just drivel I'm afraid, the same every time. He either wins against Norwich or its game over. It must be all the off the field shenanigans have affected moral or something but it feels like we're in a doom loop.

Possession is all well & good, but done at walking pace will never work. Too easy to defend against.

I just crave for a boring season of mid table mediocrity, no chance of relegation or promotion, no off the pitch dramas etc.

I guess it's true, only the ones you love, hurt you the most. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Play like that and we'll be absolutely fine. Created numerous brilliant chances and win comfortably on another day.

It's in our hands, that's the beauty of it

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

What do u mean are coming off? They have completely fell off already!

Enzo needs to bring a wheel brace and jack to Seagrave to put the wheels back on, otherwise this is going to be the most embarrassing meltdown ever, on a par with Jean van de Velde's triple bogey at the 72th. hole of the Open Golf in 1999. 

It’s a cliche now, but if you want to go up you have to show some pashun innit!!!  Trouble is our system begets arrogance and passivity. Tail end of a championship promotion push that is not what is required.  Enzo hasn’t got the balls to change things and wouldn’t know what to change things too anyway. 

29 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

But we also left the opposition to score, remember the.first half

I hasten to add I was merely mocking the quote from Maddison last season. Not reflecting on what we have just endured. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

The Good Friday post-match presser …

finished.JPG.575813f0c5f6433ab7ca36e97a45a128.JPG

to think that 12/14 players supposedly represented national teams just prove what s??t they must be aswell.id bring in the reserves as them lot are shocking ,i think there should just settle for staying in that league cause lets face  it there not good enought for that and getting points deducted will help send them down anyway.i think the captain (enzo} should leave a sinking ship

Remember the days when you’d have full back going beyond the wingers? Under lapping, over lapping? Taking a man away from the winger to isolate the full back so you can have a run at them?

width. Good times 

• Like 4