Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Bristol City 1 - 0 LCFC Post Match Thread

Just now, mod hero said:

Remember the days when you’d have full back going beyond the wingers? Under lapping, over lapping? Taking a man away from the winger to isolate the full back so you can have a run at them?

width. Good times 

Yeah, bloke called Ben Chilwell. Much of our moronic fan base and match thread psychopaths derided him as well. 

13 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

The players are so weak it’s unbelievable - it’s the mentality as last season. There’s just no real fight there at all 

I agree, when you watch Ipswich or Leeds they play a far more positive aggressive game. We play ‘walking’ football were we pass the ball several times across to each other, going nowhere 

An intelligent manager will constantly seek strategies to keep the opposition guessing. This guy isn't adapting to the changing challenges he's being presented with. Also, he's allowed the confidence of the earlier part of the season to wither away.

That said, all those blaming players like Faes, KDH, Vards and Mavididi are doing what they always do - exaggerating their part in the loss. Vardy made three close chances, KDH is still the most talented technical player at the club and Mavididi and Fatawu are capable of much better. Faes is a more than competent defender.

There's a lack of urgency on the pitch - the fires have gone out of their bellies.

Yet one more Rodgers-like example of a manager sucking the vital spark out of the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The issue again is we're relying on players that don't give a **** to dig the club out of a huge hole. Look at the line up today and it's not surprising that they don't care what happens to the club at the end of the season.

If we don't go up:

Hermansen - will be sold

Hamza - 4 more years of however much a week

Faes - will be sold to anyone that bids

Vestegaard - out of contract 

Justin - probably sold

KDH - sold

Winks - sold to anyone that bids

Ndidi - out of contract

Mavididi - sold if we get bids

Fatawu - back to Sporting

Vardy - out of contract

Why are we surprised these lot aren't busting a gut for a club? 

This. As I've posted before elsewhere. How can a club that has won the Premier League, FA cup, Community Shield in the past 8 f***** years be in such a mess. 

I really do hate football at times......this is one of them.

• Like 2

Just got back and that was horrible! Miss placed passes to each other from 5-10 yards when attacking and Hamza as guilty as anyone. Still even though we were poor we still had Vardys 4 gilt edged chances.

Time for Coady and Albrighton and maybe drop either Faes or Vestergaard and Fatawu.

Enzo is now showing his inexperience in handling important matches. It’s been a decline since January when those inside the club must have know that the off field shenanigans was about to reach the public.  I did say to the boy when we were leaving, would you sack him now as the stakes are so high?  I see there’s a thread now on that subject. We seem to now have Parma Enzo!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mod hero said:

Remember the days when you’d have full back going beyond the wingers? Under lapping, over lapping? Taking a man away from the winger to isolate the full back so you can have a run at them?

width. Good times 

Yeah his name was Victor Kristiensen but Enzo doesnt like an attacking full back..

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, indierich06 said:

Club is rotten from root to stem. A few good performances staved it off for a while, but it's well and truly back. Owners need to go, board needs to go, manager needs to go, players need to go. 

Can the cleaner stay?

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Very true. The spirit of the team is broken. The last two weeks has just smashed the nail in the coffin. 

We all know too well, we won’t recover, we never do, this isn’t a wobble, it’s a club in crisis. 

• Like 1

I have to say I think it’s a function of the football they’re asked to play. It’s so rigid and structured you might as well employ robots. No wonder teams have sussed us, it’s mind numbing. If the players are coached to play like that no matter what, then where does the fire and passion and drive come from?  It can’t because they HAVE to play it back and sideways. They HAVE to stick to the system. 

I still maintain that any half competent manager could have done what Enzo has this season and likely better. Our squad IS good enough. 

• Like 1

We look like a team fighting for league survival than a team battling for promotion. A few players i think need to dropped. Coady needs to start at the back. Not convinced with either of our centre backs.

Dewsbury Hall as looked poor for weeks now, do we drop him?

4 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

The goal went in, I felt nothing.

The full time whilst went, I felt nothing.

The manager is a useless one trick pony who is completely over complicating things with the most expensive championship squad ever, the players are a bunch of s**thouses and the clubs is ran by complete idiots.

Falling out of love with it all 🥲

Completely agree, it's embarrassing to be a fan of this club at the moment

4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I honestly don't think Enzo fancies this management malarkey anymore, hasn't seemed to be enjoying it for what seems like months now, even his enthusiasm on the touchline and in interviews has changed since the turn of the year 

He's a victim of the Peter Principle:

"Get promoted one level above your capability and you'll fail".

The Peter Principle: What it means

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

The goal went in, I felt nothing.

The full time whilst went, I felt nothing.

The manager is a useless one trick pony who is completely over complicating things with the most expensive championship squad ever, the players are a bunch of s**thouses and the clubs is ran by complete idiots.

Falling out of love with it all 🥲

Most accurate post I’ve seen.