Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Sack him

Just now, Pliskin said:

But it is? 

And it’s painfully obvious it is. This is the best squad in the league, but he refuses to play to its strengths and refuses to put the team before his philosophy. 

The team is having a confidence crisis, and this doesn’t go away unless you change something, which he won’t do. We’re just flogging a dead horse and losing more confidence as we go. 

If you only hold one thought in your mind at a time, sure. lol

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This not just a manager problem, or are those who are saying we have a premier league squad now putting all at the managers door?

It’s definitely not just a manager problem, but the managers job is to make the best of the situation he has, which requires flexibility. 

Short in midfield but have amazing flanks like Ricardo and Mavididi? Overlap. 

Simplistic example but you get the point, it everything is going wrong, and the manager still refuses to change he’s going to get a large part of the blame. Unfortunately players can’t be signed until summer, the board aren’t going anywhere just yet, all we can do is talk about player performances and manager performances.

• Like 2

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

It’s definitely not just a manager problem, but the managers job is to make the best of the situation he has, which requires flexibility. 

Short in midfield but have amazing flanks like Ricardo and Mavididi? Overlap. 

Simplistic example but you get the point, it everything is going wrong, and the manager still refuses to change he’s going to get a large part of the blame. Unfortunately players can’t be signed until summer, the board aren’t going anywhere just yet, all we can do is talk about player performances and manager performances.

Agree, there is nuance and context here, I have zero time for those wanting to pin it on one thing personally - we win together and we choke together..

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

How can a club that has won the Premier League & FA cup in the past 8 years be in such a mess ? 

It beggars belief, surely changes at the very top are needed. 

You’ve a better chance of criticising Putin in Moscow than slagging KP here atm. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Because those that run the club are ****ing morons. 

What did you expect them to do then? They've tried to keep certain players in by increasing wages, the majority didn't even want to stay after the PL title. Would you be OK if the owners decided to relocate the team as they do in the US? Or do you think it's easy to find a proper manager like Simeone? 

That said, do you prefer the Spurs way of things or ours? This is the "modern" football, it's crap like everything nowadays. 

Me and other fellow fans here criticised Enzo. We said he's another arrogant manager and this happened when he accused us fans of being harsh to the team and his style of play. This was a big red flag. If Enzo or any Enzo thinks he's above us and he knows better he doesn't have a clue. 

To sack a manager you need a succession plan. Do you think our lot will have one? Very doubtful. After struggling for so long under BR we still didn't have a succession plan when they pulled the trigger. A trigger that should've been pulled 12-18 months prior maybe. When it was pulled it was too late, there was absolutely zero plan, and then you look in hindsight we probably would've got a couple of points from those games if we had kept him. 

Enzo has fkd this massively, without doubt. We are now as I type, 3rd in that 1 horse race and that is a disgrace. 

What is really sh!te is that we have exactly the same scenario as last season. Stubborn one dimensional manager, zero fight, no leaders, players going through the motions, heads no doubt turned even more so with the EFL and EPL situations. With international tournaments at the end of the season and /or a possible transfer for you are you really going to start breaking your neck for us? Would you? As fans it's heartbreaking. We all work hard to get our football fix and then they all go out there and toss it off. 

I don't think he should be sacked, but there is no way these lot scrap us through the playoffs and if we don't go up you would hope, hope.... that there is a 5-7 year plan to get the youth through and build a club properly again. Very much doubtful though. 

• Like 1

Who would we go for if he was sacked? 

I honestly can’t even think of one name that inspires confidence. 

if we were to go up, Enzo walks, I would go for McKenna. 

53 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

So what good does it serve to stick with him in another season in the championship, when he couldn't achieve it with one of the best squads to compete at this level? Whichever way you look at it, this guy is a complete f**k up. 

I didn't say anything about next season.

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

This club will sack him and bring Dean Smith in. 

Enzo May be a problem but by no means the biggest problem. Until that problem leaves, we will continue to be a bit shit

Enzo is not an issue at all, he expected he could sign someone in January but because of how shit the club is at the top we can’t even do that 

7 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Please don’t take this as me making a suggestion because I’m not. 
But I even think Warnock would be able to come in and get this lot fired up for the final 8 games. 
“You’ve gotta f’in die to get 3 points”

I get your point. But get your tin hat on then. I mentioned Colin the other week just as an example of someone who got the best out of average players and could motivate and suddenly I was apparently advocating him taking over. 😂 I wasn't of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MPH said:

I’d advise everyone commenting in this thread to go sit in a dark room for a few minutes…

No need pal, been in a dark place for weeks now watching this turgid example of football so a few minutes changes feck all except for those with their heads buried in the sand pretending it ain't happening. 

Well here's the news...it is happening and has been for some time. Yet if anybody tried to point out that we're dreary and predictable,  the response was brainless guff about being top of the league. 

Well guess what, we ain't no more and doubt we will be again. 

12 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Who would we go for if he was sacked? 

I honestly can’t even think of one name that inspires confidence. 

if we were to go up, Enzo walks, I would go for McKenna. 

It’s a difficult one because we need to sign a manager who has the capacity to grow with the club should they get us promoted, which means signing a manager who could promote us and keep us up, that isn’t cheap. And then if we sign that manager and we don’t go up, we are financially screwed. I think right now *IF* the board pulled the trigger (they won’t) it needs to be someone who can fire them up for the final games. 

We would need a “firefighter” style manager to get us over the line essentially then regroup and look forward in the summer. 

Someone to come in, kick everyone up the arse, explain to them that they are playing for the badge and every single passionate fan out there and make them run through brick walls. 

The problem is I genuinely don’t know who’s available that could do that job. 
Big Nige on a short term deal with an agreement that it won’t be extended?

Edited by cityfanlee23

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Enzo is not an issue at all, he expected he could sign someone in January but because of how shit the club is at the top we can’t even do that 

He definitely is an issue.

How significant an issue he is is up for debate, and there are certainly other factors. However, his stubbornness, unwillingness to deviate from Plan A, and weird selections are definitely an issue. 

• Like 3

Well when I’m more looking forward to Southgate’s England take to the field you know things are bad. At least England have flair despite Southgate’s garbage, this team we have is just not anything not even worth my time until things change at the top 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I get your point. But get your tin hat on then. I mentioned Colin the other week just as an example of someone who got the best out of average players and could motivate and suddenly I was apparently advocating him taking over. 😂 I wasn't of course. 

Not gonna lie I’d actually take him over the current trajectory. I genuinely believe he would come in for the final games and get them running through brick walls. We need a bounce, for weeks I’ve been saying we will finish 2nd and believing Enzo will pull something out, or the players would pull something out, but that faith is gone now. 

The future of the club lies on promotion essentially, so it’s a huge risk to get rid but it’s also a huge risk to keep doing the same thing. 
Pearson would get this lot fighting. I don’t think he should be a permanent choice though. 

Wake up and smell the bacon, ffs we are dead, it is like watching paint dry at times. Luck has nothing to do with it, we shouldn’t need that against ****ing Bristol lol we just need a team with passion and one that enjoys being on the field, we don’t have that 

• Like 2