Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Sack him

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think we have big problems if we go up.....  let's see what the plan is.

Right now we've been sussed... but we can sort it out

We aren’t going up lol if we do derby might have their record broken 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

I would say if Wednesday go down and we don’t get promoted I’d 100% take Danny Röhl, he’s done a phenomenal job at Wednesday with a league 1 squad and a board in meltdown. The turn around there is far exceeding what it looks like on paper. 

• Like 3

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

I would say if Wednesday go down and we don’t get promoted I’d 100% take Danny Röhl, he’s done a phenomenal job at Wednesday with a league 1 squad and a board in meltdown. The turn around there is far exceeding what it looks like on paper. 

Yeah one to watch. He has Chris Powell on his staff.

• Like 1

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Id rather have Roald Dahl

Sorry for the bold text. I had to check how to spell Roald

• Haha 3

We need to restructure from the very top, this club is a total mess. Yes it is the worst I have ever seen, despite going to league one before, even then I felt we at least had players that cared. This team, they are like zombies nothing there 

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We need to restructure from the very top, this club is a total mess. Yes it is the worst I have ever seen, despite going to league one before, even then I felt we at least had players that cared. This team, they are like zombies nothing there 

The board problems mean the current situation will run for a while... at least beyond may.  We are tied to enzo

22 minutes ago, DanDare said:

No need pal, been in a dark place for weeks now watching this turgid example of football so a few minutes changes feck all except for those with their heads buried in the sand pretending it ain't happening. 

Well here's the news...it is happening and has been for some time. Yet if anybody tried to point out that we're dreary and predictable,  the response was brainless guff about being top of the league. 

Well guess what, we ain't no more and doubt we will be again. 

is this directed towards me?

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

The few years before the League One relegation were much worse.

David Pleat years too.

Shipman selling anything that moved and similarly to enzo, Pleat hellbent on playing 'attractive', tepid football - blissfully unaware that being rolled over by Oldham, Hull, Bristol Rovers and Oxford every week was anything but attractive. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think we have big problems if we go up.....  let's see what the plan is.

Right now we've been sussed... but we can sort it out

How, though? I genuinely don't see a way forward. Enzo will not change, and the players will lose more and more confidence. It looks pretty bleak right now!

Strangely I’m not in the Enzo out camp IF he can show some imagination and adaptability. Trouble is it’s like a compressed Rodgers experience - flying for a start, playing some good football, then straight off a cliff for absolutely no discernible reason. Sure teams have sussed how to stifle us, but our players, on paper are way better.  I think old Enzo needs to give big Nige a call. 

unfortunately I can only see this going one way now and it seems most on here have finally realised it too. The thing is our esteemed owner and his incompetent henchfolk will take until June 21st to realise it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bovril said:

The guy seems even more disinterested than Rodgers. Apart from if he thinks the fans don't appreciate his style of football. 

This will be used to beat him with but, at the time he said it, we were regularly scoring threes and fours and winning comfortably. If he had said it now then fair enough, he would sound ridiculous, but you could understand his frustration then.

I like the bloke, think he's got some good ideas but has lost his way for whatever reason. I do think he cares but maybe doesn't show it in the right way.

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

2. His style of play will never go down well with the fans.

It is a style that lends itself to being turned on when things aren’t working out, like today and the last 5 or 6 weeks. 

I do wonder what’s next. He has to be shake it up as a minimum - Coady for Faes as one example, maybe Yunus for KDH. But you can tell this is a rot that is set in - the lethargy, the basic passing etc that is now not being done. Is it fitness as well? If it is this next month will kill us off as there’s loads of games.

I still can’t fathom how we were invincible until 6 weeks ago, and now this. But we've had a problem with complacency and bottling going back to contriving to throw away champions league football. 

If you reason that you don’t want to be part of the cartel then it makes it a little more bearable. 

1 hour ago, Levi Port said:

Joke of a thread, not going well at the moment and he’s making mistakes. But this is laughable  

Which he is not learning from (and)

Has no inclination to change,as it goes against his philosophy and EnzoBall identity...  Stubborn, arrogant thinking and one dimensional.

I was working today and I missed most of the match and wasn't able to look in here much.

Having not long ago taken a look in the forum, I see that there is a 14 page "sack him" thread and a 4 page "it's gone tits up" thread.

Wow. lol

With 8 games to go, there is about as much optimism and fighting spirit in here as I can see described as having been evident in Bristol today.

We might not go up, and such a failure would be gutting and a scandalous waste of our resources, but it aint all over yet.

Up and at 'em...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

It really isn't though is it? Being balanced, I'd say that your post is more 'laughable'.

Too late in the season to sack him, and even moreso considering it's a poor 6 game run. But if it had been a 10 game run with a similar PPG, then I think he should be sacked. 

If we're being fair and placing him on a scale, Enzo is certainly closer to being sacked than a new contract on current performance.

I understand why people are upset and so am i. it's not good at the moment, and we're sliding fast.

However he is the reason we are still able to top this league and why we still have a fantastic chance in the hardest league in the world to escape. In so many big games this season, big decisions have gone against us at crucial times, again and again. The players are not putting games away, missing a hat full of chances every game. No matter who the chance falls to, they fluff it. For me he is not liable here. 

He's being let down by the players on the pitch, and the novices running this club. He's operating in the most high pressure of environments, promotion or bust, having been lied to by Rudkin and boo'd on numerous occasions by the fans because the football wasn't entertaining enough. He gets no help at home from out atmosphere, which is dire. Watch Leeds or Ipswich at home, its the utter opposite. Yet through his he has acted with class.

We may not go up, and he has made mistakes, but the majority of the blame for the situation we are in does not belong with Enzo. 

17 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I have two main concerns, besides the clear capitulation that is happening in front of our eyes.

1. If we did manage to go up, his style of play just will not work without heavy investment, which isn’t happening.

He’s carbon copying Man City, rather than simply taking inspiration from them, and it only really works if you have a squad head and shoulders above your opponents.

2. His style of play will never go down well with the fans.

I get as annoyed as anyone with the “gerrit forward” brigade but the fact is the football is on the whole dull and it lacks all of the qualities that Leicester fans enjoy; tenacity, fight, resilience and intensity.

The club seems determined for us to play a slow, heavy possession style, but after how hated Puel, Rodgers and potentially now Maresca have become, maybe the penny will drop with them that this isn’t the way.

Unlikely. They've wanted this style for 8 years and gave a bloke with half a season of managerial experience the job over one with 10 years because of his philosophy.

Have to say I'm taking a perverse interest in watching this. Feels like deja vu all over again. Ever since COVID when Tops company screwed the pooch things have not been right. The club has stopped progressing. They put together a club to play a system and that system needs players to score goals. The goals have not been replaced. Changing a manager again is not going to make the system work better. Only the right players.

Poor decisions again today.Wingers isolated and teams double up hence we cut back Vardy having a well off day but it needed another man close to the striker and what did we get Nacho bless who tends to drop in but did show how to finish (albeit offside),Two up top may have given us a chance