Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Sack him

Just now, trabuch said:

Rodgers has really ****ed with our heads

Rodgers was a side effect of poor ownership. This is just another part of the sequence. We had to gamble on someone, why not Peps assman? Worked for a bit and now we're realising another poor decision. Guess who is accountable again? King fking power. 

46 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

My thinking is - if the team really was unmotivated or lacking in belief then we wouldn't have created the chances. We did that, but we lacked the quality to put the chances away. I think that's on the players. 

I generally think managers get too much credit for winning or losing, when 9 times out of ten, the team with the better players generally win. I think not often enough are we willing to just place the blame firmly at the players feet. So perhaps I am just biased. I don't see this as a Rodgers situation. 

My preference is to keep Enzo and pray that he plays Coady over Faes. I think letting him go sends the wrong message and does not benefit us in the long term. If we were going to sack Enzo and try another system, we should have done it before the international break.

To much credit if the team wins or loses? If the manager doesn't kick the ball what the he'll is he there for? 

A good leader can inspire a player, lead a team and rejuvenate a club.

Normally in the premier league we’d be having these conversations with 6-8 games left. It’s a Hail Mary moment to save the club from relegation but our situation is the opposite it’s to keep us in the automatic promotion places. Ughhh what a dire mess we’re in as a club

:nigel:

5 hours ago, iancognito said:

That Puel era was tedious. With all his experience, he tried to phase out Vardy, left the likes of Iborra on the bench whilst sticking with James & King and apart from one or two high points, there's always the memory of Newport, batterings from Crystal Palace and turning a win into a defeat at Wolves. His one achievement was signing Tielemans, if he can even be credited with that.

We were a boring, mid to lower table Premiership team under Puel. 

• Like 1

I don’t have an issue with having an identity or a defined way of playing but you have to have tactical flexibility and that can be in terms of subs, mixing up formations or subtle tweaks to how we play, all this can be done within a framework that means you are not moving far from your principles and ideology. You have to keep moving forward and evolving, the reason I feel we have hit a brick wall is the fact we have become very rigid in our play, set up and substitutions and as a consequence we look jaded and the confidence at the start and middle of the season that we never looked beaten has evaporated. 

Enzo has to show some flexibility both tactical and with personnel otherwise we will blow this promotion opportunity and from the position we were in at the turn of the year, regardless of the FFP situation it will be a capitulation of the highest level, and I really can’t see how he survives that. 

• Like 3

If we go on to miss out on promotion, we really will be a laughing stock.

I'm not quite sure who gets the blame but a manager's key requirements are motivating and ensuring consistent standards/ KPIs are met. 

Enzos KPIs are good, consistent results (injuries and context allowing) on the pitch and promotion. Not every player has to be 10/10 but him and his staff need to have principles and methods drilled into the squad that ensure consistency throughout the season. 

Sometimes you need to change your approach. I often meet with my own team to see where things are flagging and we change our approach, if needed. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
25 minutes ago, sylofox said:

This is like Rodgers all over again. Same style of play with no plan B.

Sleep walking into oblivion. We'll wake up in div 2 without a pot to piss in.

Rodgers did change his formation several times though and often used subs well, particularly early on. I vividly remembering Gray coming on against Burnley at home and making a real impact. He actually reintroduced Iheanacho as an impact sub against Everton at home too and going two up top.

Rodgers played 352 many times, as well.

I know by the end he'd completely gone to shit but if we're comparing like for like in the first 9 months of their tenure it's night and day for me.

Enzo's a good coach with one idea and no managerial abilities. Rodgers could actually manage until he threw his toys out the pram.

The narrative if we fail to get promotion will be that the Club failed to back the manager in January but, whilst we failed to replace Casadei or sign Sensi, that can’t hide the fact we let a 17 point lead slide and that is on Enzo and the players.

Enzo has failed to make best use of his squad (Coady, Souttar) when the likes of Faes, Doyle have been out of form or one of the wingers needed a rest. 

The use of subs beyond the beginning of the season has been suspect.

We haven’t been flexible enough in terms of system when things haven’t worked. 

Also our weak mentality has returned. Compare us to Ipswich and the number of losses they have turned to draws and draws to wins.

Enzo needs to finds answers and quick.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 3

Honestly I think I’d rather we had been lingering in the playoff places all season then put a mad run together to get automatic promotion. If we end up in the play offs our heads will have completely gone by that point.

He’s inexperienced and it’s costing us big time we cannot afford to stay in this league so I would sack him although harsh. We need to get promoted at all costs for the future of the club.

• Like 1

For those that think this is an unthinkable possibility need to understand the extraordinary situation we are in. We simply cannot afford not to get promoted, if we don't then what's to come is likely to make 2004-2008 seem like a 2 week stay at the Ritz.

So with that in mind and the realisation that Enzo's philosophies require the ability to recruit specific players that aren't easy to sign cheaply then post this season he's just not suitable for this club.

So the brave decision is has he got the experience to get us over the line in these next 8 or dare I say it 11 games? It doesn't seem so, I'm at a loss to find anything that shows me he's got a plan other than placing all his trust in the same 11-14 players playing exactly the same way as they have all season and that the opposition revert back to no longer pressing us in fear of being taken apart. 

That said, this is our board we're talking about here. They'll not have thought that far ahead, the concerns about suitability going forward won't be on their radar and they're on a 1 year reaction delay so it's probably pointless us discussing this.

• Like 4

He is an inexperienced manager, who it seems has lost his way. Given the financial importance of promotion this season would it backfire to sack him now and punt on someone like Steve Cooper?

If we stick with Enzo and he manages to get us up, will we be able to bring in the technical players he craves? Most likely not.

Also if we miss the automatic places will he be able to lift the players and get through the playoffs. Doubtful based on recent evidence of our mentality.

Fail to go up I think he defo walks.

if we twist we may get a manager who is able to work with what we have and be pragmatic in terms of personnel / formation. A fresh voice may help secure enough points and If we are still in the Championship next season (god forbid) we will be better placed.

All ifs and maybes, and I don’t see the Club changing the manager, but if this season is to be anything other than a failure we need a massive turnaround in mentality, strategy and performance now.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I don’t have an issue with having an identity or a defined way of playing but you have to have tactical flexibility and that can be in terms of subs, mixing up formations or subtle tweaks to how we play, all this can be done within a framework that means you are not moving far from your principles and ideology. You have to keep moving forward and evolving, the reason I feel we have hit a brick wall is the fact we have become very rigid in our play, set up and substitutions and as a consequence we look jaded and the confidence at the start and middle of the season that we never looked beaten has evaporated. 

Enzo has to show some flexibility both tactical and with personnel otherwise we will blow this promotion opportunity and from the position we were in at the turn of the year, regardless of the FFP situation it will be a capitulation of the highest level, and I really can’t see how he survives that. 

I whole heartedly agree. 

But the.parts in bold, whilst severely needed will never happen in a million years under Enzo.  He's too stubborn, inflexible and hell bent on carving out a playing identity. 

I appreciate sticking and persevering with an idea, but his ridgeidity will be  his and our downfall with regards to promotion.

If people really want him gone, then show him at the home matches that we now 'questioning the idea' and hopefully he'll stay true to his word and 'leave the next day'. (Yes I know, it was probably 'media bluster' to show how serious he was)

But that to will never happen, as the crowds at the ground are not like the posters here, you so.much as hint at questioning EnzoBall and you are told to 'back your team', 'sit down', 'you don't know what you're talking about'

I fear we are in a mess, as history shows the "corporate clowns" in charge of the club just don't learn from past mistakes.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For those that think this is an unthinkable possibility need to understand the extraordinary situation we are in. We simply cannot afford not to get promoted, if we don't then what's to come is likely to make 2004-2008 seem like a 2 week stay at the Ritz.

So with that in mind and the realisation that Enzo's philosophies require the ability to recruit specific players that aren't easy to sign cheaply then post this season he's just not suitable for this club.

So the brave decision is has he got the experience to get us over the line in these next 8 or dare I say it 11 games? It doesn't seem so, I'm at a loss to find anything that shows me he's got a plan other than placing all his trust in the same 11-14 players playing exactly the same way as they have all season and that the opposition revert back to no longer pressing us in fear of being taken apart. 

That said, this is our board we're talking about here. They'll not have thought that far ahead, the concerns about suitability going forward won't be on their radar and they're on a 1 year reaction delay so it's probably pointless us discussing this.

Just like last season we’ve been heading this way in slow motion for months now. Whatever happens this season, with the financial disaster we are in as we go forward we need a coach who can get the most out of limited resources, and therefore will need to be flexible and adaptable. Never been clearer Enzo isn’t that manager, so his time needs to be done. Problem is all of a sudden it looks like he’s not going to get us over the line this season either, and our board don’t have the wherewithal to act quickly, rather investing in blind hope which has served us really well over the past couple of seasons. 

Edited by Cropwellfox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

This is like Rodgers all over again. Same style of play with no plan B.

Sleep walking into oblivion. We'll wake up in div 2 without a pot to piss in.

Exactly this!!

And yet when I suggested, a couple of months ago, that a Plan B was vital - I was lambasted by most of you on here - called a dinosaur and told I didn't understand modern football! 

I wasn't even suggesting lamping the  ball up to a big man à lá Andy Carroll - I was simply saying we needed to have something different to Plan A - ie. something to go to when Plan A was obviously not working!!

But, no!  Mr Stubborn has to stick to his 'philosophy'; his 'identity'; his 'lets-pretend-we-are-Man.City-but-without-20-of-the-best-players-in-the-world' - hence our embarrasing capitulation.

• Like 1

Enzo *appears* to be purely a coach not a man manager as well. There is a big difference especially in these circumstances. He may be technically brilliant but it's as much in the head now as feet for the players and it doesn't seem like he has those attributes to make the difference with them. To add to that, his inability to react tactically in games when things aren't working is his other problem with a lack of nous with subs. I can't see him changing now, he even said as much when he came out with his comments at the start of the year which was when things started to sour. He should not have been allowed to do that. It was like Rodgers last season. Poor club management. 

• Like 1

The most worrying thing is not just the results but the actual performance yesterday. It really worries me for the final 8 games. We were none existent for much of the game, almost came unstuck numerous times at the back. Yes if Vardy had scored the few real chances we had we would have won but let’s be honest those chances were few and far between, we were awful. He said after the game he was pleased with the performance and that he was sure we could still get promoted automatically? What does that tell you? To me it says he's not going to change the way we play. He's not going to change the team He's not going to try anything different. He's not going to do anything different. That's exactly his problem. His inexperience is now showing. He's digging his heels in because he's too stubborn to accept things aren't working and a different approach is needed. He's not learning from mistakes. We've got the best squad in the championship and more quality throughout our side than anyone. But if this trend continues  I think we'll get knocked out of the playoffs and have another season in the championship. And the financial implications of that will be catastrophic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joefox said:

Honestly I think I’d rather we had been lingering in the playoff places all season then put a mad run together to get automatic promotion. If we end up in the play offs our heads will have completely gone by that point.

Yep, whoever finishes 6th, are most likely to have the momentum going into the playoffs. Imagine us losing in the play offs to Coventry 🤮