Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich (H) - pre-match

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We could do with changing it up a bit and go a bit more direct 

Our drop off in results has coincided with a spell where we’ve had lower possession stats (ergo - we’ve been more direct) 

but that’s unlikely to be deliberate and a consequence of a confidence drop off 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Our drop off in results has coincided with a spell where we’ve had lower possession stats (ergo - we’ve been more direct) 

but that’s unlikely to be deliberate and a consequence of a confidence drop off 

Or you could argue the drop off in possession stats is due to people realising we don’t like to be intensely pressed and concede possession easily that way.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Or you could argue the drop off in possession stats is due to people realising we don’t like to be intensely pressed and concede possession easily that way.

To a degree yes but watching us it’s clear that we’ve lost our bottle to make the brave passes and make the movement required to give the passer someone to find 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

To a degree yes but watching us it’s clear that we’ve lost our bottle to make the brave passes and make the movement required to give the passer someone to find 

Plenty of errors both forced and unforced.

The number of times we were turned over in the midfield against Bristol, sadly I think you might both be right 

11 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Vardy is currently averaging 0.89 goals per 90 minutes. 2nd best in the league after Josh Sargent.

Remind me who he plays for again?

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, kenny said:

If we are short on 8s, then he ought to consider playing Ian at 10.

I think it's also time to consider albrighton on the right and fatawu on the left.

He has got to try something that makes us less predictable.

Enzo is so predictable, he will do nothing different and I can’t see us winning, maybe draw

He's got a big decision on personnel of the full-backs. Borja Sainz is absolutely ripping it off the left wing - exactly the same LCFC leave spare on the transition. Earlier in the season, Enzo would counteract something like this by inverting Ricardo off the left back position rather than right back. Our personnel options are so short - it's hard to say what he will do. 

Norwich left loads of space behind the back four on Friday with a very slow back four - I wonder whether Norwich's good form means that they open up a bit more than other teams. 

3 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Vardy is currently averaging 0.89 goals per 90 minutes. 2nd best in the league after Josh Sargent.

Still missed some unbelievable chances which indicates something is wrong and cost us the game. Not a fan of rewarding poor performances by giving players (not just Vardy) another go, sends a bad message to the squad. 

Vardy probably will start and score a brace now I’ve said that. Hopefully anyway. 

• Like 2

We need the fans with us tomorrow to help lads, the first goal will be vital. We score first the KP will be rocking and be a lift for the players, we concede first... the place will get toxic. Before too long it will went up being 0-2 or even 0-3 considering the caneries form.,

Something tells me we may just nick it tomorrow, it will be tight and I can see Norwich scoring and it being a tense end but it will be more relief win... 2-1 foxes.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

He's got a big decision on personnel of the full-backs. Borja Sainz is absolutely ripping it off the left wing - exactly the same LCFC leave spare on the transition. Earlier in the season, Enzo would counteract something like this by inverting Ricardo off the left back position rather than right back. Our personnel options are so short - it's hard to say what he will do. 

Norwich left loads of space behind the back four on Friday with a very slow back four - I wonder whether Norwich's good form means that they open up a bit more than other teams. 

Hope so, but our weakness is so well documented by now, it feels weird that someone would try a different approach.

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Hope so, but our weakness is so well documented by now, it feels weird that someone would try a different approach.

Thing is in our favour there is such a short turn-around, it's hard to get the training ground time to do pressing patterns on us etc. I hope anyway. 

• Like 1

If feels like ages since we've been to the KP. Has it been nearly a month?

A lots changed since the QPR game, although the performances haven't. Goes without saying what we need, and i'm hopeful (not confident) that we get a result tomorrow. 

I think he will go for his strongest with Daka up front, Riccy inverting, JJ and Ndidi. I don't expect anything major changewise to begin with. However, if we aren't winning by half time I have a feeling he will ring in some changes.

Big game for KDH, Ndidi and Daka. Wouldn't actually mind us playing our old way being tighter in defence as i think Norwich will come at us and we could have counter opportunities.

Fek knows what its going to be like there tomorrow. Wonder if there will be 'something in the air' of if most people will turn up as if nothing is going on. Would love a big performance from our fans but 12.30 easter monday doesn't give me confidence.

Big game. Must win. Could be turning point of the season, or the day we chose to settle for play offs.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Still missed some unbelievable chances which indicates something is wrong and cost us the game. Not a fan of rewarding poor performances by giving players (not just Vardy) another go, sends a bad message to the squad. 

Vardy probably will start and score a brace now I’ve said that. Hopefully anyway. 

He'd got 8 in 8 prior to Friday though. I advocate dropping under performing players but not after 1 game in amongst the best form of any striker this season.

• Like 1