Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Norwich City (H) Match-Thread

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Maybe there is an angle I haven't seen but it would've been a really harsh hand ball. 

People reading too much into the 'calm down' gestures as always. He's just telling them to relax, what's wrong with that. 

Because being to relaxed has been the issue of late, no momentum or get up and go, let them get stuck in what's wrong with that.

• Like 2

Feels like the crowd are largely responsible for our more direct style today.

Maresca turning to the West Stand and having a go at them for wanting us to play it quicker doesn’t bode well for the future. It was only 6 minutes in.

Sounds like Faes cupped his ears to the fans after the goal as well. Reeks of last seasons arrogance.

• Like 2

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

They showing the Norwich goal again....VAR would have ruled out because Drewsbury-Hall is clearly being manhandled and pushed away......that was totally preplanned set piece 

Cheating Anglicans 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Maybe there is an angle I haven't seen but it would've been a really harsh hand ball. 

People reading too much into the 'calm down' gestures as always. He's just telling them to relax, what's wrong with that. 

Relax as in youre still 12 points clear.....

3 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

yes that really annoyed me too we are on top and all over them and he is telling them to calm down and slow the game down.

Hoping this plays into our hands and Norwich think we are reverting to type. We then do ping the ball forward and catch them out.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

They showing the Norwich goal again....VAR would have ruled out because Drewsbury-Hall is clearly being manhandled and pushed away......that was totally preplanned set piece 

Man city did it the other week. Don't see much wrong with it to be honest. Weak defending 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Amazing what happens when we stop tippy tapping around with the ball  trying to 'control it' and actually look to get the ball forward by whatever means.  Better, much better.

I think it does in part show that, but the goal came from the tippy tappy stuff. It also ironically came from getting the tippy tappy wrong because Faes mucks up his cross, Norwich try to break out only for Faes to immediately win it back and the whole Norwich defence has moved up slightly for their own failed break. Which means everyone is out of position for the decent ball in from Wilf, nobody is tight and we've got the space to head back and head in as everybody has that little bit of extra space.

So it depends on your POV as to whether that goal was scored because of or in spite of the constant controlled passing.

Edited by JimJams

Enzo's half time talk....

How to tell if someone is hypnotized - Hypnosis Courses

Whats the bet He has us passing it around the back after the break

We can ONLY attack when we go a goal down?

Let me guess.. this, where we spin it out wide quickly.. is the hoofball the modern football geniuses have been accusing us of wanting?.. its almost entertaining. lol 

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The second one, his arm is out stretched - in the prem with VAR that’s a penalty every time.

Replay angles weren’t the best to be fair but I don’t think he stopped the ball passing him.

Quite clever imo. He’s riding the line between pushing and normal corner jostling. Dewsbury hall hasn’t really pushed back enough for it to be a foul. 

• Like 1

They wouldn’t because the same happened in ?Arsenal Liverpool a few weeks back and it stood.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ToeKneeHandCock said:

Have even watched the first half? He has been running riot down the right with plenty of support from Ndidi 

I'm at the game. How many chances has he created compared to the space he's been in?

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Sounds like Faes cupped his ears to the fans after the goal as well. Reeks of last seasons arrogance.

Give the guy a break. Who wouldn't do that after being slaughtered by the fans every week.

That fight back was on the fans as it was getting obvious that we weren’t passing to fatawu so when the jeers started happening it opened the pitch up. We did the same the last few games by over using mavadidi and became too predictable. I hope they come out firing and Enzo don’t give them a cup of camomile too calm down!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Think we've played really well, lacking a final ball and ffs our set pieces are awful.

We are lacking confidence in front of goal particularly but at least we are competing. Now is the time to give it all. This is a must win.