Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Accounts 22/23

In fairness, if we really didn’t care and wanted to throw money at it, we could just tip in £100m’s. Tops a Billionaire and on paper, if we were good enough and had better players, we could just say who cares about the stupid rules, we will swallow the points deduction and win it back with the better players! 

The way things are going, all

clubs will be on minus points within a few seasons and you’ll get an award for getting to 0 points first! 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

Just now, inckley fox said:

Alternatively, they could keep recruiting in the way they have done for the past half decade or so, and accept that they'll have to develop those players and sell on their costliest talent. As they have done up to now. Why change? And why did we change?

As I said, things happen! 

A Manager gets snatched away. One or two replacements don't settle or don't deliver on their promise. A key injury or two at the wrong time. European football stretches the squad too thin etc etc. 

Brighton are only one or two of those away from dropping down the league. May not happen next season or even a handful after, but it will eventually. 

That is why clubs have always struggled to break that top 6 dominance on a regular basis. We had a great go at it, but 'things happen!' 

Then it snowballs. I like Brighton a lot, but as someone else just posted, £400million in debt and a very sort after Manager, with more of their stars likely sold in the Summer. They will always be on a knife edge, just like we were. We just decided to stab ourselves multiple times on the way down! 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Next season will be a mess, but getting promoted will no doubt be a massive help in offsetting that. We are likely to come straight back down but I'd take that over not going up and no chance of going up the season after with a points deduction and player fire sale. 

You're right that it will be the season after at the earliest, we will likely be free of charges and deductions, but I still think we can build after that and rather quickly compared to many other Championship clubs other than the relegated 3 each season. 

2-3 years before we can start looking like a competitive, playoff chasing team again, not 5-10 years of doom and gloom IMO. 

You'd prefer a season of misery in the PL, followed by god knows what sort of season the year after in the 2nd tier...? Is that better than simply getting that season of restructuring in the 2nd tier (which should have happened this year, perhaps) out of the way next year?

Maybe our future would be more secure in the first of those scenarios, in which case I'd welcome it, but if we're simply putting off the inevitable readjustment at a lower level, then personally I'd rather do that sooner, not later. I'd have thought we were all fed up of short termism.

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Absolutely this! 

Brighton are on the exact trajectory we were on. They will have to make the same decision soon too. Either stop selling key assets each season, in an attempt to maintain top 8 finishes and European football OR keep selling their best players and sooner rather than later, increasingly expensive replacements on higher wages, flop, form nose dives and a relegation battle ensues, with fans demanding more investment. 

They will either break rules to stay up there OR stick to the rules and find themselves in a relegation battle over the next few seasons due to their Manager and best players being snatched away.

The decline has already started. Brighton are still a great side but their squad has already reduced in quality, their results and league position has dipped from last year and they haven’t got a £100m player or even a £50m player they can shift this season.

• Like 2

Just now, inckley fox said:

You'd prefer a season of misery in the PL, followed by god knows what sort of season the year after in the 2nd tier...? Is that better than simply getting that season of restructuring in the 2nd tier (which should have happened this year, perhaps) out of the way next year?

Maybe our future would be more secure in the first of those scenarios, in which case I'd welcome it, but if we're simply putting off the inevitable readjustment at a lower level, then personally I'd rather do that sooner, not later. I'd have thought we were all fed up of short termism.

The huge difference though, is the PL money we get for getting Promoted, and also falling under PL financial rules for next season, which I believe means we can lose more. I'd prefer to rebuild in the Premier League, with more incoming money and a less financial restriction.

We may be able to reduce the point deduction too, and if other clubs are penalised, there is always a slim chance we do manage to stay up... like 5% but still! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

To be honest we might as well just spend 200 million and just take whatever the maximum deduction is. Just make sure we get good players. 

That’s the same logic that got us where we are now 

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The decline has already started. Brighton are still a great side but their squad has already reduced in quality, their results and league position has dipped from last year and they haven’t got a £100m player or even a £50m player they can shift this season.

That's the thing. Brighton are the new poster boy club, just like we were for many years. Look behind the curtain though and at the finer details, and you can see similar patterns emerging. Maybe, they will now adjust their plans due to seeing how we got burned. They will likely have to keep selling their best players, rather than what we tried. Lets hope they don't have stubborn players who run down their contracts too! I expect their Manager to be off this Summer or into next season too. They could continue their success, but it won't last, never does with clubs that size. They just have to hope they don't fall quite as hard as we have. They didn't rise as high though! :P

3 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

If we don't get promoted, we will have to try and sell KDH, Winks. Ricardo, Daka, Praet and Coady to try not to breach 23/24. Vestegaard, Vardy, Nacho and Ndidi leave on a free, we'd have no Doyle, Akgun or Abdul. We'd have a transfer embargo and have to play academy players, what kind of restructure are you thinking, we don't get up this season, we're likely fighting relegation to league 1 next season.

• Like 3

Criminally incompetent.

That average wage figure makes me want to vomit.

How the **** Rudkin and Whelan continue to take a wage from this football club is beyond comprehension.

I've never felt more detached from this shit stain of a game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Hamza is according to a court report on 12k a week so some are on an obscene amount to make 90k the average 

It had to be low for us to give him a new contract, i'd imagine there's performance related bonuses

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

That’s the same logic that got us where we are now 

But really what alternative? Comply and never complete? If the clubs owner wants to spend 200 million why can't they? Why is us losing 200 million any worse that Man Utd having a 700 million mortgage? If anything given their history that's worse but allowed. 

We need to focus on whats happening on the pitch and get promoted.

We/LCFC deserve everything we get but now is not the time, lets end this season and mke those fookers who are responsible to eat the shit served on the concourse and drink that piss they call beer for starters.

:plancque:

• Like 1

Just now, Stadt said:

Tomorrow I’m going to find some of my old posts and feel slightly smug for some scant consolation.

You might as well get a head start and save this one as well for a few years time as fvck all will change. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So now we know how criminally mismanaged we have been. Can anyone break down the implications in simpleton terms? 

If promoted - Points deduction at start of season - 9 points most likely with potential reduced on appeal? Plus having to sell players to the sum of? 

If not promoted - Points deduction? Any guess on how many? Plus having to sell players to the sum of? 

More charges coming in 24/25 season?

Or, is it just too early to try figure all that out? I am trying to get over the crime and focus on what the punishments will be :sweating:

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

So now we know how criminally mismanaged we have been. Can anyone break down the implications in simpleton terms? 

If promoted - Points deduction at start of season - 9 points most likely with potential reduced on appeal? Plus having to sell players to the sum of? 

If not promoted - Points deduction? Any guess on how many? Plus having to sell players to the sum of? 

More charges coming in 24/25 season?

Or, is it just too early to try figure all that out? I am trying to get over the crime and focus on what the punishments will be :sweating:

EFL would go to town on us. 

17 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

newcastle and brighton both learning that european football makes it very hard to have just 16 quality players. The injuries hit you and then you over play the fit players until they get hurt… Without being able to bring in 25 quality high paid players you will eventually drop off 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

EFL would go to town on us. 

are they not limited like the PL seem to be? 

Surely, they have a penalty structure in place. If not, our lawyers will no doubt be on it! 

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

But really what alternative? Comply and never complete? If the clubs owner wants to spend 200 million why can't they? Why is us losing 200 million any worse that Man Utd having a 700 million mortgage? If anything given their history that's worse but allowed. 

Slow growth along with extending stadium, increase revenue streams as much as possible. 
The squad has been bloated for years with a lot of dead wood, these billionaires are meant to employ the best people available, financial forecasts etc even the spending this year on the back of these accounts is crazy. Was Cody needed? Mads been good but could Iversen done a job for a season. Keeping Nacho? Harry Souttar sitting on arse for a year 

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What would we have had to have done to have broken even? Three consecutive years of Champions League?

Unbelievable incompetence. And the terrifying thing is everyone at the club believes in the shit they've put out, and that they're the ones that have been hard done by.

Get the lot gone.

Man City are hoping the first team to win £100 mil + in prize money for CL this season and won £180 mil for winning the prem last season, so we just had to either win the Champions league or the premiership to be on track financially According to these figures.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

newcastle and brighton both learning that european football makes it very hard to have just 16 quality players. The injuries hit you and then you over play the fit players until they get hurt… Without being able to bring in 25 quality high paid players you will eventually drop off 

FFP and PSR are a sack of shit it needs scrapping. I hope a good lawyer ****s it over, its footballs only hope. Continue on this path and a dying game complete dies.