Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Birmingham City (H) Match-Thread

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Lowest IQ in the football pyramid our squad. Must be

It's not the squad, it's the "modern" football and all these wannabe managers that think GKs are top midfielders or something between Maldini and Platini. This one might cost us the promotion and it's Enzo's fault alongside the members of the board who think this "style" has anything to do with proper football. 

1 minute ago, JonesLCFC said:

Hermansen has far too many mistakes in him to be even considered close to Kasper. I don't remeber Kasper ever making a mistake like that. Hermansen has done it twice this season, and is lucky it's only that many.

Daka controls the ball like it's made of flubber. Trampoline foot! Take him off ASAP. Stealing a living from us.

Remember when he kicked it in to the back of Ndidi against Bournemouth

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Some crazy comments about Mads because he's had one charged down. Happens to most Keepers every now and again, doesn't always fly into the net though. 

Yep, happens every season to keepers even in the prem. Happens to Ramsdale, Alisson, Ederson, whoever 

• Like 1

Just now, Tom12345 said:

It is not amateurish. It is Maresca. Weak mentality. Why did we even let Birmingham get back into the game. Just keep attacking. Who cares if we lose the ball in their own half. Better than let the other team play in our half.

Sick of this.

I do agree, I will say there is part of me that does understand the idea of composing yourself after a goal, you are generally at your most vulnerable after just scoring, but we take it to the next level, there is a difference between composing yourself and organising for the inevitable opponent going for it for a few minutes, and what we do, which is completely let off all pressure and encourage teams to attack us. 

It's a logical thing to do but for some reason under Maresca we do it far too often and allow teams to completely dominate us after we score. Very frustrating, the sad thing is our clubs next 5-10 years could very easily rest on these last few games and we are pissing about with it like this. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Fazzer 7 said:

I am. How many times as this kind of thing happened this season. Man City can capably play out from the back as they have Rolls Royce players. Our muppets are more Robin Un Reliant. 

Once? 

Just now, JonesLCFC said:

Hermansen has far too many mistakes in him to be even considered close to Kasper. I don't remeber Kasper ever making a mistake like that. 

No, but he did on multiple occasions catch a cross and carry it into his own goal. Mads has got a lot of talent, his PSxG is one of the best in the division, but he's still young and raw. We'll lose him for 50+m to a big six side in 3/4 years

Just now, JonesLCFC said:

Hermansen has far too many mistakes in him to be even considered close to Kasper. I don't remeber Kasper ever making a mistake like that. Hermansen has done it twice this season, and is lucky it's only that many.

Daka controls the ball like it's made of flubber. Trampoline foot! Take him off ASAP. Stealing a living from us.

I am kaspers biggest fan and would have him back tonight but he’s made similar mistakes to that, problem is the manager is ordering them to play that way. It’s high risk and very low reward

Let's chill out, 45 minutes still to go....Mads made a really stupid mistake and some of you completely turn on him yet just yesterday many were saying player of the season!

it will be fine!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 4

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

I hope that goal does not come back to bite us.

It will bite us undoubtedly, that's down to Mads trying to be clever slowing everything down to the point of slow motion, no get up and go in this team when we are on top, that comes from the manager trying to control with this zombie approach hopefully  the second half will be a bit more intense 

Just now, Fightforever said:

Daka has been terrible today. We’re paying 4 strikers wages and we still play him. Bizzare.

He had about 4 touches in the first half last week, surely Nacho was worth a start if Enzo is managing Vardys game time 

It's all part of Enzo's plan.

We score a goal playing lovely attacking football. As soon as we score we are to stop playing football and defend until the final whistle.

Mads has actually done us a favour there so that this team starts to attack again.

Great assist by Daka for KDH goal.

• Like 2

Just now, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Because for some dumb reason "thats the Maresca way"

1-0 I'd say is a very Italian mindset which is fine if you are asking us to old school defend, we weren't good enough to play out from the back when 5th in the prem, only about 3 teams in the country can do it really well, and the rewards we get from it aren't worth the risks, get better players and then it might have a chance but you can't do that on a Poundland budget.