Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Birmingham City (H) Match-Thread

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not unless he becomes a completely different keeper re coming for crosses (which is v unlikely) 

and 50m ? 

Yea. When Allison or Ederson leave Liverpool/man city, hermansen will be the profile of keeper they'll be after

1 minute ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

It was hardly a defence splitting pass was it 😂 he passed it backwards 5 yards 😂

I mean his touch and awareness of KDH in a better position was pretty good. 

If we’re going to slate the bloke, in the interests of fairness it’s only right to highlight when he does something good, which that assist was. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Can someone explain to me…. If we are going to take a long goal kick, why play it short initially which invites a press. Just take it direct from the goal kick and get the ball gone in the 45th minute. 

bloody stupidity 

I don’t know why Faes starts ahead of Coady. This guy is quite brainless at times.

Just now, Bazly said:

Dave Nugent commentating........

He is watching a different game. Talking about 'we'' were playing good football, comfortably in control. Reminds me of his shinned playoff final goal.

That was Claridge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

We should. But how many shots have we actually shot on target. Same as Birmingham.

We are just too scared to try.

Doyle made a long cross ball to Fatawu and he was talked down to by Maresca. Doyle should have been encouraged for trying. Instead he will just pass backwards from here on.

Yet in the last game I gave Doyle mom because he was doing precisely that! It caught the opposition out on several occasions, mixed things up and led to several attacks. Without such play we are so one dimensional and predictable which has been a large part of our problems. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

Just now, Fox85 said:

Does it matter?

An assist is an assist like a goal is a goal.

If Daka wasn't on the pitch then it would be 1 nil to Birmingham now. Daka gets in the right place at the right time.

Would it really though, a different striker maybe takes advantage of his half chance where his touch was honking, I’d also back all our other strikers to make a 5 yard pass backwards

• Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

2 assist in last 5 starts and no goals, sorry that’s not good enough for a top of the table championship club, even playoff hunting.

You just dislike Daka that's all it is.

Daka could be on 30 goals this season and you will still be tossing off vardy while rubbing his plums 

Just now, It'sblueupnorth said:

Would it really though, a different striker maybe takes advantage of his half chance where his touch was honking, I’d also back all our other strikers to make a 5 yard pass backwards

No mate 

1 minute ago, Hales said:

Let's chill out, 45 minutes still to go....Mads made a really stupid mistake and some of you completely turn on him yet just yesterday many were saying player of the season!then

it will be fine!

It’s not just the mistake, as soon as we scored they started slipping back into control mode, that means stupid dangerous slow passing under pressure in the box.  Fatawu gets the ball too slowly to do anything so squares it where it ends up with Winks to stink out any attack with 5 simple nothing passes while Mavadidi is in space. They ultimately end up passing backwards under pressure. 

4 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Dave Nugent commentating.

How we we could do with a finisher on the pitch like him now!

Daka actually has a better goals per 90 in the championship…….just saying___

Just now, Bugg said:

That goal reeks of complacency, there's 10 seconds left of the half. Just clear it as far up the pitch as you can

Ironically that’s why he’s looking to play it long - but then why doesn’t wout do that ? 

playing out from the back will lead to these things happening but in this instance there no poor control, there’s no poor pass into him - it’s simple complacency 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Does it matter?

An assist is an assist like a goal is a goal.

If Daka wasn't on the pitch then it would be 1 nil to Birmingham now. Daka gets in the right place at the right time.

Behave. You're telling me without Daka no one else could have tapped a pass to KDH? Absolutely ridiculous comment. 

1 minute ago, sbfox said:

This forum man... I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but jeez, some of these are very, very bad ones. 

Yeah I can't understand why alot of fans are pissed that we gifted a goal to Birmingham, absolutely bizarre 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, CaliFOXnia said:

I mean his touch and awareness of KDH in a better position was pretty good. 

If we’re going to slate the bloke, in the interests of fairness it’s only right to highlight when he does something good, which that assist was. 

Look that was the only time the ball didn't bounce off him hes league 2 standard is disgusting he keeps picking him 

6 minutes ago, copunk said:

I don't get the reasoning behind constantly sitting off when we go ahead, it's plain to see we are so much better when we are full throttle, there is a time and a place to take your foot off the gas, and it seems Enzo, as much as I like him, hasn't figured out when that time is 

100% agree. I think Enzo's idea is to get ahead, then let the opposition press in the hope we can hit them on the break with a quick transition. Except, it rarely ever works because we're crap at sitting deep and soaking up pressure. It drives me insane.

• Like 1