Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Millwall (A) - Match Thread

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I don't think anyone expected a walk in the park but a decent chance or shot or something would have been nice 

It's half time

15 minutes ago, sbfox said:

I bet there are posters on here who would rather have Millwall's style of play than ours. Go on, be brave! You know you're out there. 

They're equally drab aren't they. It's like picking between Susan Boyle and Lily Savage

Guest ChrisWalken456
Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Ricardo put in a great tackle. Ran 10 metres and stopped to pass backwards. 

giphy (1) (17).gif

2 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Wash your mouth out 🤪🤪

You'll have the EnzoBall fan club hunting you down.

You have to remember this is the way Enzo had said countless times how he wants us to play. He wants SLOW, patient, methodical, intelligent, looking for solutions, built up play.  Moving the opposition around ( which most have sussed out now) regardless of the tactics the opposition are deploying, be that a low block or a pressing team or a counter attack, EnzoBall is played. It doesn't matter what's transpiring on the pitch, ( what we are currently watching is proof of that) and he hasn't changed this ethos from match one and he won't change it now or ever.

You see how ratty he gets when the tempo is raised or we deviate a little from the style. The calm and slow it down gestures are wagged about.

It's the identity he wants  for us and 'woe betied' if it's questioned

This is what he wants, no home crowd tonight getting frustrated and urging the team forward so saves him from telling the players to calm down

Those bloody one twos straight after KO on the edge of the centre circle. They just sum the frustration up for me at the moment.  I wouldn't mind, but we do it every bloody time without any variation. I get it's to bring the opposition players out to make space, but it's all too preprogrammed and they even carry on doing without any time with two Millwall beefcakes barrelling down on them. 

We need to mix it up more. 

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

You’re right. There’ll be lots of easier games in the Premier League. Fuch me. 

Yes because teams are going to park the bus against a newly promoted Leicester aren't they?

Going away from home to any half capable organised unit with no interest in attacking is difficult whether they're in the Premier League or Championship.