Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Poor 1st half, and need a huge improvement 2nd half. I'm not bothered/concerned by the scoreline, I'm bothered/concerned by the fact we've created very little and barely laid a glove on them. These are such a poor side and we are just so slow and ponderous and often sloppy in possession. 

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

70% possession. 1 shot on target. I can’t even recall that. 

Vardy 1mph daisy cutter

• Haha 1

Millwall doing all they can to kill this as a game of football and we're just playing with a lack of urgency and purpose.

And, Enzo, please can we swap Ndidi and KDH round to their normal sides?

Edited by Sunbury Fox

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

70% possession. 1 shot on target. I can’t even recall that. 

Vardy scuffed one into the keeper

Edited by Beechey

Just now, copunk said:

Such a tough half to watch

No energy at all going forward 

Would get Fatawu on for Yunus (don't think he's played bad, bud we need to give them something else to think about) 

Not winning any 50/50 balls, we seem to pull out of a lot of them 

I love Harry Winks but it's so frustrating how he never attempts to win an aerial ball 

I get they are set up to stifle us, but surely after that half Enzo makes a change before the 2nd half 

Need to take Vardy off playing with 10 men atm I'd take Ndidi off as well

Slow boring football from Vestagard and Faes. Same tactics that never work when a team just sit back and let us walk to the halfway line.

Faes then goes in a run towards the defence when if he passed quickly we could be attacking. 

When the wingers and KDH can’t run at the defence we are useless, this comes from the cbs and Winks slowing everything down. 

Edited by Richmondfox
  • Like 1

Lot of pent up anger coming out in this thread. Somewhat understandable, but I’ve seen plenty worse from us this season.

We dominated large periods, without creating much in the way of clear cut chances - largely because Millwall frequently had 11 men within 25 yards of their goal.

They are fighting off relegation in front of a vociferous home crowd - it’s never an easy place to go.

We’ve been much the better team, but do need to show a bit more guile. I think we’ll go on to win.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Which game are you watching?

Ive got the leicester game. Its mainly Millwall watching Leicester pass the ball slowly until the ball ends up out of play.

Pretty grim.

Interspersed with millwall ragging the ball into the air whenever they can. It’s 1980s non league nonsense. Not one person can truthfully say they prefer millwall ball to Chelsea v Man U on Thursday 

• Like 1