Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Our one decent chance was when KDH played in Stephy with a trampoline touch.

What was different between that and everything else in the first half?  KDH found himself on the left side of the pitch.

Even if no subs at HT, Enzo PLEASE swap Ndidi and KDH, I have no idea what makes any manager think inverted CM’s is a good thing? 🤯

• Like 1

Turgid. Don't know if they're knackered or trying not to lose more than win but Enzo needs to earn his corn at half time and get us coming out firing. 

Need more runs to the by-line and cut backs into the box. Playing through the middle isn't working at all. 

Just now, sbfox said:

I bet there are posters on here who would rather have Millwall's style of play than ours. Go on, be brave! You know you're out there. 

I doubt anyone would want to watch this fodder every week, most would rather we play the way we do but quicker and actually create some chances. From a footballing perspective, it was dreadful. From a Millwall perspective, they'll be delighted. From an LCFC perspective, it's extremely frustrating to watch.

Millwall making it difficult. They are pressing well and not allowing any room or time.

I think Yunus has done well.

As a team we're still poor at corners. When defending, we don't win as many as we should, and when attacking, we don't win any. Is that set piece guy still with us who was brought in last season?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ndidi, Winks and KDH not on it so far. Yunus showing decent control but he's rendered useless as he cannot bear a man and the two 8's have been muck.

Hopefully step it up 2nd half.

This game reminds me of our early season, and we typically came through in the second half so🤞 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ndidi, Winks and KDH not on it so far. Yunus showing decent control but he's rendered useless as he cannot bear a man and the two 8's have been muck.

Hopefully step it up 2nd half.

I don't understand why he sometimes inverts Ndidi and KDH. Has it ever worked well as a tactic?

2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

It’s a proper ‘patience’ match this. They tired a fair bit so hopefully will tire even more in the second half and more gaps will open.

Fingers crossed 

• Like 1

Terrible first half. Mav wasted our best chance. They should've scored at the end. 

Hopefully we wake up and start quick. Is Albrighton on the bench? If so I'd have him on .. switch wilf and kdh back over 

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

I don't understand why he sometimes inverts Ndidi and KDH. Has it ever worked well as a tactic?

It's certainly not working tonight, KDH has been a passenger and Ndidi anyhow.

I get there’s having a controlled tempo and pace to attacks when against a low block but surely you then have to speed it up around the final third can’t just slowly pass it around and think somehow space is going to open up for a chance

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not really, people just saying it as it is. Crap and boring. I'm sure we'll be better 2nd half but that was utterly garbage and yes I'm aware that the poor quality is also because of how Millwall and most teams in this league approach games against us 

It’s like earlier in the season, you have to wait for teams that press a lot to tire themselves out to some degree, but will say we have not helped ourselves either.

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Boring play. Scrappy and tired looking. Hope the second half is better. It’s 3.45 am out here and I’m in danger of falling asleep.

I live in Wigston pal.. I know its a bit different here.. but it's still only 845 🤣

• Haha 2