Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Millwall (A) - Match Thread

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Looking at the highlights Millwill have created the better chances.

Pushing it. Two soft headers. Just a dull game.

Fine that they’re playing a low block but we’re not doing much to move them around and create the space. Shows how important having a second threat on the wing in Abdul is. Yunus not been bad but Mavididi been poor. Ndidi playing on the other side has been ineffectual, and we’ve put KDH on his weaker foot. 

Corners are diabolical, but there’s no movement at throw ins either.

I actually think we’ve looked reasonably sharp in possession and have done OK.

Lack of goal scoring opportunities is definitely a concern but it should come.

I know Millwall haven’t pressed high, but they are working very hard when we get over the half way line - They can’t keep that up.

Ndidi looks knackered though, needs to improve or be taken off soonish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Admittedly, it is still better than Rodgerball. At least in fairness we can get out of our own half.

In case you hadn’t noticed we are playing in the league below 

Edited by HankMarvin

Just now, Nod.E said:

Millwall have conceded 1 goal in their last 3 home games. They're fighting for their lives. 

If you're frustrated it's because you (wrongly) expected this to be a walk in the park.

Was always going to be tough. Was always going to be one of those frustrating games. If you look past your own rage you'd probably notice we've played relatively well there. 

Some nice first touch passing and flicks, some good through balls. 

Unfortunately the final ball and touch hasn't been right when we've had chances. 

Of all games, this wasn't one to expect entertainment from. 

Reckon we'll nick a winner.

You’re right. There’ll be lots of easier games in the Premier League. Fuch me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

It is not just Millwall. It is every single game.

It is not because of a “deep defence”. It is because we love to let opposition teams settle into their shape before we try to “break” them down.

Been saying it all season. I hate this style of play just like Bodgers ball. Can't the players see if you lift the pace openings would appear.

• Like 3

Awful game, crap windy conditions, terrible ref, amateurish sky coverage, bad camerawork, bad sound, poor commentary. Don’t know why KDH and Ndidi have switched sides. Ndidi is playing like last season. We look lethargic and short of ideas going forward and vulnerable on the break. We are making Obafemi look way better than he is. Need to do much better 

Just now, James_lcfc said:

Ndidi looks knackered though, needs to improve or be taken off soonish.

He’s not a number 8 and it’s painful to see him there, and considering how spent he looked last season in his best position..

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s like earlier in the season, you have to wait for teams that press a lot to tire themselves out to some degree, but will say we have not helped ourselves either.

Yeh I totally get that, and as I said, the opposition teams absolutely make these games boring to watch. We are just sloppy at times and our decision making a key times let's us down. Its just frustrating when we have so much possession and don't create a single meaningful chance. 

• Like 1