Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Millwall (A) - Post match 1-0

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Twitcher said:

Nine defeats at this level. Burnley lost three times all season when they got promoted. I still want us to go up but; no Vardy or Dewsbury-Hall potentially. It will be carnage.

To be honest, with the squad Maresca has at his disposal (surely the strongest squad ever in the Championship?), to lose to Millwall and QPR is unforgivable really.

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Watching mavididi in the pocket of their full back for 97 minutes, its a shame. Enzo seems pro active at changing our full back, but not our attacking players 

I disagree with this. Mavididi was shitting that player up but Mavididi was always at a disadvantage where he got the ball because of our slow crap tactics and no overlapping fullback but a DM making underlapping runs who has no ability to return a pass and just hit a ball with his left foot hoping for the best.

Just now, Supergray22 said:

I think he has but he doesn’t always seem to act on them. I have seen him make changes. The players have to shoulder a lot of responsibility for tonight. If you can’t show the fight and desire in the situation we are in at the moment then you never will. Time to roll your sleeves up and show some pride. 

Im sorry but when the manager is asking to play a method where you move 20 steps forward and then 50 steps back and play the most predictable fashion, what do we expect.  We go side to side, and back and forth with side show bob and herman munster having there own football party.  Once our wingers are nullified were doomed.

The last 7 minutes we went for broke, the shackles came off and played in instincts and we had 2 great chances.

4 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Faes is just a poor defender.

Coady has got to start.

It’s our lack of creativity,  tactical nous and very poor finishing that’s the issue. Coady coming in for Wout won’t solve those problems.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The most unpredictable player in a long time. I honestly think HE doesn’t know what he’s going to do with the ball, let alone his teammates 

One trick pony, that trick, today that trick didnt work

You dont see summerville sitting on the bench either at this tight point of the season, i think enzo thought this was gonna be a walk over, with resting fatuwa, and putting center mid on the right,  its all very confusing, his decisions with line up, swapping kdh and ndidi, no change at half time, in fact i think we came out worse,  no tactical changes, 1 for 1 subs again, bringing another striker on with 2mins...it all screams i dont know what to do

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

I disagree with this. Mavididi was shitting that player up but Mavididi was always at a disadvantage where he got the ball because of our slow crap tactics and no overlapping fullback but a DM making underlapping runs who has no ability to return a pass and just hit a ball with his left foot hoping for the best.

Its not a criticism of the player, im making the same point you are. Id like to have seen him tried out on the right

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Faes Will get the blame but he's literally the only one who tries to occasionally force the issue, drive forward or add the extra man into a woeful midfield. 

He might drive forward, the problem is the wooley haired twat forgets to defend. No use him driving forward when he's helped us conceed another soft as shit goal. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, bluefox1 said:

Enzo and the  players that played tonight should donate some of their wages to those who went tonight and had to put up with watching that pile of shite.

Yes this should happen 100%! But we know it won’t. 
Cant knock the fans for keeping on making these journeys to watch that turd. Fair play to them. 

That was a typical Enzo Puel team setup. Poses the possession and start rushing around in the last ten minutes. If we are losing.

Yes we had a few scrappy chances, but we don't half make the opposition look good. 

I was hoping as we get to the business end of the season, we will start to show aggression and drive. 

I've not been a fan of this brand of football.

Cooper in please. Lets start again. 

5 minutes ago, copunk said:

I've been sat on the fence regarding Enzo for the last couple of months, but tonight has been a massive swing for me 

I look at our team and think, on paper, any decent manager could have us top of this league

I've no doubt Enzo is an amazing coach, but as a manager he's been severely exposed since the turn of the year 

It's so obvious he has no clue or plan other then the way he wants to play, and by hook or by crook, he will stick with it 

No change in shape when we were crying out for changes even before their goal!! 

Brings on Daka, 2 mins from the 90, what's the point from there 

It's been the biggest collapse I've ever seen from a football team, I didn't expect us to win the league at a canter, but with the squad he has and the points gap we gained, the way its looking, he's going to go down in the history books for all the wrong reasons 

Seen this sentiment parroted a lot recently and couldn't disagree more.

I swear people on here either have amnesia or are willfully misremembering the absolute state we were in at the end of last season. Couldn't buy a win even against championship opposition, our best players leaving for a fraction of their value, the most fragile Leicester defence any of us have ever witnessed etc etc etc. Rodgers left us in disarray and many were resigned to a playoff finish at best.

In the summer, everyone on here would have snapped the hand off of someone offering us top of the table with five games to go. Don't pretend otherwise.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I think we would have done better if he’d changed the team more or less completely like at Bournemouth. We looked tired, lifeless and lacking spark all over. 

I fear he’s created a split now between the ones he trusts to play now every week and the rest. That’s bad at this vital stage. 

I’m not sure there is a split. I thought the subs cam on and did ok on the whole and fitted in well.  I agree we probably should have rested players but they all must be a bit jaded. We could have rested players and then bought the A team if needed. Instead we started strong and then bought on fresh legs. Either way I don’t think we have shown again we sometimes lack a bit of fight in the team for a battle. 

4 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Even if we did learn lessons tonight was about mentality and spirit. Millwall had it. 

And we haven't for the last 3 seasons. 2 clean sheets this calendar year, guess who was in the side for both...

2 minutes ago, sishades said:

Millwall lost their last two games to Huddersfield and Rotherham and we made them look like Real Madrid.

I like to put it to you that we didn’t make them look like Real Madrid but we treated them like Real Madrid. Just have a bit of arrogance and smash them.

Another golden opportunity wasted. Enzo is totally cluless. If we are pushed up by Leeds and Ipswich bottling it or if, as seems more and more likely, we play in the Championship again next season, Enzo is not the answer. He has to take responsibilty for that turgid excuse for a performance today. Fuming!

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Alas, that ship has already sailed.

But you keep up the happy clapping for us all

👍

I’m not happy clapping, I’m just taking the mickey out of you for actually calling for the manager to be sacked when we are top of the league with 5 matches left. Tbf if your plea is listened to by the club, maybe Super Cooper could get ‘Shorts’ Cattermole to be his Assistant Manager 🥰