Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Millwall (A) - Post match 1-0

3 minutes ago, WalMelton said:

The more I watch this team the more I’m wasting my life…

Do they really want to go up.

One down and we still piss about at the back…

It’s embarrassing. 3 away games where we have lost 1-0 and offered nothing going forward 
Middlesbrough, Bristol city and now these lol .

it’s shocking. 

Enzo needs to piss off..

Another opportunity missed….💩💩💩

Around 70%+ possession now is basically the norm, only slight problem it does not produce goals

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Basically said he expected some games like tonight because of how far into the season we are so everyone is a little bit tired...

I was pleased the commentator asked about Wilf's positioning. But I would have phrased it like this "Enzo my 8 year old daughter noticed you playing the right footed central mid out of position on the left. Can you clarify why when it was shockingly bad. And negating the value of your best creative mid (KDH). You persisted with such a piss poor tactic. My child would like to understand?" 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Players are tired but pick nearly the same 11, other then Vardy and Akgun.

Why not give Coady, Souttar, Albrighton, Wanya or Praet a go.

It needed it tonight, I get why he started pretty much the same team but the second half was screaming for those changes or a change of approach. 

Tired yes I get it but the buzz, adrenalin, excitement of promotion, maintain a healthy lead etc, die for the shirt mentality, should have given the team a boost,  we are soft and spineless and lacked desire tonight above everything else, you simply can't bring tiredness into it, and Enzo shouldnt be giving the players an excuse, perhaps I'm just to out of touch with it all, but that is one of the worst performances I have seen in a long long time from a Leicester team.

• Like 2

Before tonight we needed 5 wins or 4 wins and 2 draws to guarantee promotion.

Tonight we need 4 wins to guarantee promotion.

Performance was poor but not that much has changed, I'd argue tonight was worse for Leeds than us. 

Leeds were an implied 75% chance to win pre match, we were 58%. Solitary points don't count for much at this stage, Leeds will be more gutted tonight than us.

• Like 1

Would love to know why some fans are clapping the players off tonight. Got pelters for the Bristol performance but this was far far worse. Barely made a chance until the end. 

One of the worst games I've been too and against one of the worst teams I've seen. Millwall were dogshit. 

We've been found out. Ridiculous how one dimensional we have turned into

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is a team that recently lost to Rotherham, they are absolutely diabolical and yet in all 3 games against them this season we've either ridden pur luck or been downright out fought and at times out played.

Tonight was as gutless and spineless a performance as I've seen since Crystal Palace away in Brendan's last game in charge of us. To think we've offered that up at this stage of the season after putting ourselves in a great opportunity to clinch promotion after a very poor 6 weeks is just galling.

This team is so unlikeable at times, sadly we are a group coached under a philosophy and mentality that have absolutely minimal capability to drag themselves through tough situations. It's futile demanding we try other tactics, it will never happen.

I have never seen a regime be this one dimensional and a manager so stubborn so early in to his managerial career since Gary Megson. I detest Brendan Rodgers final 18 months here but anyone who has the audacity to liken what Enzo does to Rodgers time here is farcical. Rodgers was much more open to different formations in his first couple of seasons here, but that's forgotten because of how clueless he became in the final part of his tenure here.

Maresca won't change, I'm scratching my head what different sce argos they've been working on, it took us 92 minutes to show any desire to attack with aggression. I'm close to breaking point with him and it's so deflating after the relief of Easter Monday and the comfort of our persistence on Saturday which let's face it were nnothing to do with a change in tactics or approach but they turned up.

Really conflicted where we go from here, Leeds are shit an'all right now.

Leeds drew at home to Sunderland who have just lost 5-1 at home to Blackburn! It's difficult with games in quick succession. There will be twists and turns. Hopefully we will see it through!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I struggle to think of a more unloved City team in my lifetime. Just simply don’t get it this bunch. All that noise post Saturday and then turn that out. 

We have had some genuinely horrible teams in the past 25 years. 2001/02, 04-08, Sven's mercenaries and last season's disgrace. I think Maresca was a victim of perception but cannot defend the past few weeks. The atmosphere around the club has been very odd this season.

54 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Could be up there with the worst Leicester City match i’ve ever watched

enzo i dont surpose you read these threads on here cause your to far up your own arse ,you wont learn you keep rotating players cause you think u only have to turn up cause your more intrested in the plymouth game cause your got 3 games in a wk to play no one else as just you,you keep playing that nob fass falls over the ball and bang it goes in bk of our net lost count of the points that clown as given away this season,theres no fight in the team no one can head a ball up front ,your lucky that come tomz eve you aint sitting in play offs were a win tonight makes it 99 per cent job done,any way get you boyfriend fass and few other players with you and do one while your a cert to be playing these teams again next season quicker u get sacked the better i will feel

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Basically said he expected some games like tonight because of how far into the season we are so everyone is a little bit tired...

Nothing in that interview gives me any confidence moving forward. Sounds fairly okay with the loss. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WalMelton said:

The more I watch this team the more I’m wasting my life…

Do they really want to go up.

One down and we still piss about at the back…

It’s embarrassing. 3 away games where we have lost 1-0 and offered nothing going forward 
Middlesbrough, Bristol city and now these lol .

it’s shocking. 

Enzo needs to piss off..

Another opportunity missed….💩💩💩

Strong words but I’ve often felt similar many times this season. 

Haven’t felt this detached from Leicester City in a long time. 

What annoyed me most tonight is we go from performing with aggression against Norwich, back to this boring uninspired tepid shite just over a week later. 

So many performances like that recently, and it wouldn’t be surprising if there’s more to come. 

As baffling as it may sound, even though we’re currently top, this team has me feeling nothing, they just don’t excite me like some Leicester teams have done in the past.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I was pleased the commentator asked about Wilf's positioning. But I would have phrased it like this "Enzo my 8 year old daughter noticed you playing the right footed central mid out of position on the left. Can you clarify why when it was shockingly bad. And negating the value of your best creative mid (KDH). You persisted with such a piss poor tactic. My child would like to understand?" 

This weird inverting of CMs is just another example of Enzo overthinking. We have superior players to Millwall all over the pitch. We'd have been better just matching their 442 and letting our players be better than their direct opponent. With a natural back 4 and conventional right back,  Millwall don't score the goal tonight and we at least salvage a point despite being sh1te.

• Like 2

The Fulham away game last season made me adamant Smith needed to go at the end of the season. I think tonight did the same for me with Enzo. 

The result in itself annoying but it's the performance alongside it. I could have taken that if we'd created and not converted and then been caught on the break, but we just flat out didn't turn up. It's inexcusable.

I think we may still limp over the line for promotion but ****ing hell it's uninspired.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Strong words but I’ve often felt similar many times this season. 

Haven’t felt this detached from Leicester City in a long time. 

What annoyed me most tonight is we go from performing with aggression against Norwich, back to this boring uninspired tepid shite just over a week later. 

So many performances like that recently, and it wouldn’t be surprising if there’s more to come. 

As baffling as it may sound, even though we’re currently top, this team has me feeling nothing, they just don’t excite me like some Leicester teams have done in the past.

Steve Walsh would have knocked Maresca out by now 

12 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Listening to that has convinced me …. He thinks about things too much…. The object is to score more goals than the opposition….it’s been that way since football was invented… it hasn’t changed … you don’t get more than 1 goal if you play 65 passes beforehand 

We have other players in the squad who can start.

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

This weird inverting of CMs is just another example of Enzo overthinking. We have superior players to Millwall all over the pitch. We'd have been better just matching their 442 and letting our players be better than their direct opponent. With a natural back 4 and conventional right back,  Millwall don't score the goal tonight and we at least salvage a point despite being sh1te.

It was a shocking decision.Wilf is still not back to his early season form of fitness. If you play him. It must be to his strengths. But the bald fella won't be swayed easily. We had to be losing first. 

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Oh dear, I’ve been really trying to stay positive after such a turgid game. 

I’ve tried to not get sucked into the Enzo out feeling, but hearing his justification for KDH on the right and Wilf on the left was for pressing, says that he thinks their out of possession work is more important than playing in their best attacking position.

Ie. Against Millwall, a bottom 4 side, we prioritise defence against attack.

I thought we looked like we had absolutely no plan, no desire to attack, no pattern of play, no idea how to break them down. This interview confirms it was deliberate.

Sorry Enzo, but tomorrow is the next day you threatened us with

• Like 3

Too clever by half football fails again. All that possession against awful sides like Bristol City and Millwall yet can’t score. Deserve everything we get playing like this. 

Crikey that was dire. If by some miracle we get over the line and win promotion I dread to think of the maulings we might get, and if we don't go up the carnage that will unfold with all the player departures doesn't bear thinking about. Enzo needs to develop a plan B or go.

I just can't get my head around why Enzo won't learn/adapt/compromise.

Surely he wants a promotion on his record, rather than a good effort but intact possession heroics.

I subscribed to the 'yes we have one of the best squads in Championship history, but football is about momentum and psychology and Brendan left scorched earth so he's done well', but my goodwill is done now.

If we don't get promoted, he shouldn't have enough Kudos to get a job in any decent top division.

Even if we do, he looks an iffy choice to retain or for another club to appoint, unless they give him infinity money to be Man City v2

16 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Crazy we've got as many points as we have, having lost so many, shame really we haven't managed to turn even 4 of those defeats in to draws.

It's more then wins we've managed to turn into draws and even losses that would be what we will look back at.