Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Enzo Out? Time for an official thread/poll

Enzo Out?  

790 members have voted

1. 1. Enzo Out?

• In
    • Out

28 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

At this point in the season, I feel like I need to outline where I am with this utter shitshow. The Mrs is sick to the back teeth of my awful moods every weekend that started when we lay down to Cov at their place and got our arsed tickled, long winded, but here goes: 

F**k the Premier League, let’s be about right, this squad and football club as a whole has no business at the top table of football as it stands. We can’t compete (they’ve made sure of it with FFP and PSR and our ineptitude at every level compounded that), they’ll make an example of us for the sheer arrogance we showed in daring to challenge the “Big 6”. 

F**k Jon Rudkin, Susan Whelan and as painful as it is to say, Top. They’ve proven to be completely inept and incapable of running the club in way, shape or form. Without Khun Vichai, we’re a rudderless vessel. Get FOOTBALL people and concentrate on toblerone and aftershave sales and horse racing. 

F**k Enzo Maresca and his sheer blind loyalty to Plan A. Plan A hasn’t worked, so let’s have someone with a Plan B, shall we? 

F**k Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Jannik Vestegaard, Danny Ward, Hamza Choudhury, Boubakary Soumare, Dennis Praet, Wout Faes et al who clearly couldn’t have given a monkeys about being at this football club for anything other than the kings ransom they’re being paid to do so. Clear the decks, start again (like we thought we would do upon relegation). Build a side around Mads, Ben Nelson, Will Alves, Harry Winks and the few in the squad who display the necessary to rebuild and develop the club. 

F**k Inverted Full Backs, sick to the back teeth of working the ball side to side, front to back and it getting to the wingers, both being doubled up on, with no intention of beating a man or delivering the ball into a dangerous area. Forcing the recycling of the ball, invariably being caught out and watching Wout Faes try and defend a 1 vs 1 situation in the absence of a full back we’ve got in the middle of the park pretending to be a centre midfielder. How many times does it have to happen? 

I can’t say F**k Jamie Vardy, KDH, Ricardo Pereira and Marc Albrighton, because of the past. But in all honesty, the time for sentiment has gone. No one wanted JV and MA’s time at the club to end like this, but thanks for all the unbelievable memories - we need to move on and we need the resources we use on you to do so. KDH, thanks for the performances this season (some we won’t mention but the numbers can’t be denied) - however, arguably our only saleable asset, so away you go and best of luck. 

Leaves us with, IMO - Mads, Stolarzcyk, Souttar, Kristiansen, Nelson, Coady, Winks, Braybrooke, Alves, Mavididi, Wanya, McAteer and Cannon to form the crux of squad to have another crack at the Championship because, unfortunately, this lot have done their bollocks and there is not a snowball in hells chance we win the playoffs, I’ll be shocked to my core if we win another 1 of the 4 left. 

What a sorry state of affairs we’re in, could only be Leicester City FC 🦊

Agree with most of the above, however I don’t think Vestergaard has done a lot wrong. 

Nelson and Kristensen will be sold.

I could even see us selling KDH, Iversen, Hermansen, Faes, Ricardo, Daka and Winks. 

We will likely loan out or sell Soumare as well. 

We will let Vardy, Iheanacho, Ndidi, Praet and Vestergaard leave. Fatawu, Doyle and Akgun gone.

Next seasons line up could be interesting if we don’t get promoted. 

Stolarzcyk

Thomas

Coady

Souttar

Justin

Choudhury

Braybrook

Alves

Mavididi

Cannon

McAteer

Bench: Ward, Marcal, then a whole host of frees / youth players. 

We are in that much of a mess! That team is average. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Agree with most of the above, however I don’t think Vestergaard has done a lot wrong. 

Nelson and Kristensen will be sold.

I could even see us selling KDH, Iversen, Hermansen, Faes, Ricardo, Daka and Winks. 

We will likely loan out or sell Soumare as well. 

We will let Vardy, Iheanacho, Ndidi, Praet and Vestergaard leave. Fatawu, Doyle and Akgun gone.

Next seasons line up could be interesting if we don’t get promoted. 

Stolarzcyk

Thomas

Coady

Souttar

Justin

Choudhury

Braybrook

Alves

Mavididi

Cannon

McAteer

Bench: Ward, Marcal, then a whole host of frees / youth players. 

We are in that much of a mess! That team is average. 

That team is a nailed on relegation struggle

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

That team is a nailed on relegation struggle

It’s a strong reality if what we might need to do to comply with FFP though. Wage will need to be slashed. 

I've gave Enzo time, patience and I forced myself to compromise due to my hatred of possession based football, I've somewhat even enjoyed it at times but he needs to change and adapt, unfortunately he's not going to do that, ever.

In his own words "I arrive at this club with an idea. The moment there is some doubt about the idea, the day after, I will leave"

So, I think it's best for all parties he goes through with that threat.

This club and the football world needs to understand the "idea" is nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Should probably have an end of the season option on this. There’s not point making a change at this stage in the season, but I do not want to see him in charge come the start of next. 

But it’s Top we are talking about. He will no doubt wait until we are staring relegation to League 1 in the face next Spring (quite likely with point deductions to come) before making the change far too late again.

Has he been hit on the head with a bat? He literally cannot see what the majority of us can see, the likes of Coady , Albrighton must be laughing out loud. Clueless fool.

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

Only we could do this, only Rudkin

Probably rang Top excited about how we'd got a guy who would get us playing like Man City

Enzo’s agent is the same agent as Vardy, Hamza and others. Same agent who’s being used by the club to flog players. That’s partly because the head of football operations doesn’t have the required contacts book or the opinion of him is so low. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoveValleyFox said:

Out. Why, oh why won't we employ someone who won't make changes to the system even we are in free fall. So sad to see.

Because this is what the owners want. They want us having the ball because that's the brand they want, we're too arrogant a club to be chasing and hitting teams on the counter anymore. 

When Enzo goes we'll just get another possession based manager.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It’s clear Enzo has no intention to change or mix things up the last 2 games have proven that,  So I can foresee a parting of the ways as soon as the season concludes regardless of whether we somehow manage to get promoted. It feels to me Enzo’s stubbornness, plus the off field issues has soured his relationship with the club and fanbase. 

However here’s lies the problem, who takes over, for everyone hoping for a shift in direction, it’s highly unlikely as the owner and Rudkin are hell bent on this playlng style despite the fact it has contributed to our relegation and very likely will contribute to us blowing promotion and see us languishing in the EFL for some time to come. 

We have to hope and pray that there is either a change in strategy that sees us move for a manager who plays a higher intensity style or in the summer we have clear out from the very top to bottom and start again. 

This style is not sustainable, we are not good enough to be the Man City tribute act and we need to find our own style and identity rather than just try and replicate somebody else. 

#Fearless my arse needs to be changed to #Fearful 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Because this is what the owners want. They want us having the ball because that's the brand they want, we're too arrogant a club to be chasing and hitting teams on the counter anymore. 

When Enzo goes we'll just get another possession based manager.

In my opinion this club just doesn’t suit a style of play like this. It’s not in our DNA

• Like 3

One thing I really don't understand is that you can have your philosophy and it can be based on possession, creating overloads, working into the box etc...but why does that dictate a formation or an inverted full back? It's so dogmatic.

At this point anyone on this forum could put out an Enzo team and style next game, he is no longer adding anything. I don't think he'll learn and get better either, this is just his way. It's not 1st or 2nd gear, it's the only gear.

The only saving grace is that in the last 10 games the better performances have been against the better sides. We're probably relying on 95 being enough too.

16 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

In my opinion this club just doesn’t suit a style of play like this. It’s not in our DNA

Tbf I don't really know what the DNA of this club is anymore.

There was a good point raised on the BSLB pod, if you asked most football fans what they think of when you say LCFC, they would say the Prem win and clappers.

23 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

It has got to this point far quicker than it did with Rodgers.

Yeah, with us being subjected to this type of manager for the last few years I think the patience of supporters doesn’t last as long. 

23 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah, with us being subjected to this type of manager for the last few years I think the patience of supporters doesn’t last as long. 

It looks great when it works, like earlier in the season. But when teams work you out you need to adapt and we simply haven’t, to the point where teams being compact and a low block has meant we are on relegation form. One dimensional and unforgivable really. 

Woke up in a bad mood of doom.

After a bit of reflection decided it's not spoiling my weekend.

Playoffs and FA Cup quarter final.

Not a bad season. 10 unbelievable years the best of my 50  plus years as a fan.

Time to regroup and rebuild.

Enzo nor the answer.Get him gone now

Let's get a motivator in for the final push /play offs.Lers start with a clean financial slate take the medicine and move on from next year with an exciting brand of football

with the right manager whatever division we are in.Belt up hold on tight!

Edited by cropstonfox
  • Like 1