Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Anyone Giving Up?

I don't mean for this season. As in, anyone just can't be arsed with Leicester any more? Shitshow on the pitch, worse off it arguably. 

Also other factors could come into play (personal, state of football itself, financial etc...) but is anyone considering supporting a non-league team, or perhaps sacking football off altogether? 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I don't mean for this season. As in, anyone just can't be arsed with Leicester any more? Shitshow on the pitch, worse off it arguably. 

Also other factors could come into play (personal, state of football itself, financial etc...) but is anyone considering supporting a non-league team, or perhaps sacking football off altogether? 

My dad said similar after the game last night. Over 60 years following, and to come to this conclusion based on recent events says it all really.

• Sad 1

Yep bag of shite. Nothing to feel invested in.. nothing to be proud of (even when we were winning we were often shit) feel a huge disconnect with the manager, players and club as a whole at the minute. I'll always be grateful for the past 10 years but gutted we've arrived at this juncture seemingly devoid of any soul as a club.

Guest Col city fan

Im off to watch a family member play for Coalville this pm so yes, I watch non-league football.

Regarding LCFC, yes, last night was the last straw. I’m not bothering to watch again this season. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Genuinely I am

It's been 12 years of proper riding this wave. 

I've had enough. 

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Im off to watch a family member play for Coalville this pm so yes, I watch non-league football.

Regarding LCFC, yes, last night was the last straw. I’m not bothering to watch again this season. 

And then proceeds to watch next match

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I’m absolutely obsessed with leicester and have been since I was about 7 years old. I wish I could switch off. 

Hate what’s going on at the minute and what failure to get promotion might look like.

really sad state of affairs 

• Like 2

With what’s on the horizon, absolutely. Genuinely considering giving up my ST……. I’ve never ever considered it before, but I lm completely disinterested in this club now. It’s dead.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah I am. Fed up of football and felt it for a while, game is too corrupt 

• Like 1

I can move on from not being promoted. 
What I can’t accept and what really hurts is the lack of accountability in the club from top to bottom. Whether that be the relegation, the financial situation or the bottling of the league this year. 
It’s demoralising and frankly embarrassing supporting this club at this moment. We’re a laughing stock to anyone outside of the club. 

The club who made us dream 8yrs ago now only give me nightmares 

Edited by Swarles Barkley
  • Like 1

It's been worse but I'd have to go back to 2004 - 2009 

The club is almost unrecognisable at the moment to the one I've followed for 50 years. 

This causal arrogance label just seems to be spot on. 

A malaise has been over this club since Vichai's passing and the building of the training ground - just seems that everyone's on easy street - no fire, no hunger - fans seem to have been brain washed to accepting the over playing and lack of effort we see on the pitch 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Genuinely I am

It's been 12 years of proper riding this wave. 

I've had enough. 

Watching LCFC play the game, at the moment, is like going to the dentists. You really really don't want to go, but you gave to anyway.

You don't just give up because of bad times.

I hate seeing threads like this.

We're lucky to support a club that's played in the third tier only once. It could be much much worse.

Edited by Fox92

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not given up per se, but I feel extremely disconnected and don't get the same excitement as before.

3 minutes ago, mod hero said:

I’m absolutely obsessed with leicester and have been since I was about 7 years old. I wish I could switch off. 

Hate what’s going on at the minute and what failure to get promotion might look like.

really sad state of affairs 

Yes, disconnected probably feels like the right word at the moment. And it's felt that way since the Rodgers demise began (barring the first months of Enzo's time here). Now we've reverted back to type. 

Just now, Fox92 said:

You don't just give up because of bad times.

I hate seeing threads like this.

It's not meant to come across as knee-jerk, but perhaps it's the state of football on a grander scale that's getting to people and influencing the decisions that people make. 

You lot lol

I'm as pissed off as anyone with our current situation, but for as long as we have a club you'll be there or thereabouts. 

The passion and emotions is what keeps us coming back and it can change so quickly. 

Look at the celebrations of Birmingham on Saturday compared to last night.. that was within 6 days. It's a drug like no other.

• Like 3