Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Anyone Giving Up?

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Im off to watch a family member play for Coalville this pm so yes, I watch non-league football.

Regarding LCFC, yes, last night was the last straw. I’m not bothering to watch again this season. 

I could understand why, but I bet you will. What if we play at Wembley in the playoff final? 

Will need a massive arm twist to renew if Enzo is still in charge. Just not enough return for time given up watching his bore fest football home and away.

• Like 1

Good time and the bad.

If i wanted constant glory i would have just supported Liverpool like my mates, or defected to Man City a few years back like some other mate did.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You don't just give up because of bad times.

I hate seeing threads like this.

We're lucky to support a club that's played in the third tier only once. It could be much much worse.

But how much of your cash can you keep giving up for this? 

Who’s the fool, the one who does something productive with their time, or the one following their club around the country doing whatever this is? 

8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

...but the KP is full most weeks. 

It's more the old school true fans are the ones that are giving up which is so sad. 

Which also contributes why the atmosphere is like a library as well. 

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

More would give up a season ticket for a year or so if you knew you stood a chance of getting one back again. As it stands if you jack it thats it done.

Couple of years near the bottom of championship will sort that problem

I’ll watch the remaining games and then moan about it on here as somewhere to vent but outside of that I don’t care. 

I still get wound up by Leicester but it’s just down to habit. I hate the manager, 90% of the squad and I won’t even comment on the owner

I feel very disillusioned and disconnected with the club.

I didn't even watch last night and I actually felt better for doing that.

I'm very worried about what the future holds and can see us in a similar situation to Portsmouth or Derby with punishments hanging over our head.

But, its like a member of the family, I've got unconditional love for the club. I'll fall out with them occasionally and not put effort in, but I'll always be back at some point.

Edited by tom27111

Been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and I really don’t enjoy it anymore going down to games has become a chore why do I keep going lose my away points but I rarely go away games and if I don’t renew I won’t be able to get a season ticket again oh well I get more enjoyment watching my lads play on a Sunday morning than I do watching Leicester city!

I had the choice last week,  leicester v Brum or my lads team v Aylestone Pk. Opted to watch my lad . I know we beat Brum but seeing my lad save a penalty from ex City player Billy Kee and the team score in the last minute to beat Aylestone 4-3 was the best moment I have seen in football this season . Passion and fight right to the end . Think I made the right decision 

10 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

You lot lol

I'm as pissed off as anyone with our current situation, but for as long as we have a club you'll be there or thereabouts. 

The passion and emotions is what keeps us coming back and it can change so quickly. 

Look at the celebrations of Birmingham on Saturday compared to last night.. that was within 6 days. It's a drug like no other.

lol next Saturday will probably all be singing playing football the Enzo way

It’s not just this club, it’s football in general. 

It’s just becoming a rich man’s corrupt game. It’s getting worse and worse and the future is likely to end up being a closed shop league of the “best clubs” in the world and the rest of us being left to fend for ourselves. 

But this is running across all major sports, the super rich (mainly oil barons) need something else to invest in, so they are turning their hand to sports and creating a corrupt, elite environment with the aim of making billions. 

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You don't just give up because of bad times.

I hate seeing threads like this.

We're lucky to support a club that's played in the third tier only once. It could be much much worse.

It's not mostly because of the bad times for me.

The state of modern football being fought on excel documents and in courts rather than between coaches and players is depressing to see. 

As a neutral I still love the game and watching football, but I'm losing love for being a supporter, where I'm a customer and there is a big divide between the club and the fan. 

As a manager he has done a great job , but his biggest fault is 

1) didn’t have enough ball playing midfielders , our only attack comes from the two wingers , and if that doesn’t work we our stuffed  . 2) he doesn’t have a plan b,c or d if his slow pass backwards or side to side doesn’t work , he refuses to make changes , along with his stubborn approach to subs , bloke is a good manager but u have to ring the changes if if not working for u . Can see us missing promotion due to his stubborn approach 

6000 up at PNE would suggest otherwise. Get your point though. I’ve never let Leicester dictate my mood, or happiness - enjoy when we win but it’s not life or death if we don’t. Take that approach and you will have a more peaceful life!

Not giving up on Leicester, foxes fan for about 50yrs. Disappointed, yes. Went to the King Power to Watch the foxes against Norwich for the 1st time in nearly 40 odd yrs, and what an experience I had. Came away thinking we'd turned the corner. Disillusioned with football overall and can't be arsed to watch it. But still love my team and will support them whatever. 

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't mean for this season. As in, anyone just can't be arsed with Leicester any more? Shitshow on the pitch, worse off it arguably. 

Also other factors could come into play (personal, state of football itself, financial etc...) but is anyone considering supporting a non-league team, or perhaps sacking football off altogether? 

I can’t be arsed with football, the guy on the “the big strong Leicester boys” podcast summed it up well, football is being run by people who are not football fans and let’s be honest 90% of the football is crap, I much prefer going to watch non league football, the players get stuck in, it’s more exciting, I can have beer next to the pitch and I’ll pay a 1/3 of the price.