Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Anyone Giving Up?

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't mean for this season. As in, anyone just can't be arsed with Leicester any more? Shitshow on the pitch, worse off it arguably. 

Also other factors could come into play (personal, state of football itself, financial etc...) but is anyone considering supporting a non-league team, or perhaps sacking football off altogether? 

not really, i was kinda enjoying this season until the slump happened and the fact Enzo is too sodding stubborn to change things up in regards tactics and players

kinda get to a period tho where I cant be arsed with it but then again I'll be honest im looking forward to the euros more watching us at times

dont get me wrong if the team actually looked like they cared, give it everything, actually fought for the result etc i dont think we'd feel so bad about it, but there seems like there is no fight, passion

like none of them youd want in the trench with you so to speak

Not giving up on Leicester, sometimes i wish i could. The state of football as a whole has had me feeling disillusioned with it for years now.

The disconnect between clubs and their fans as never been bigger, the super sanitised business first model killing the sport. The larger wealthier few consistently lobbying for new rules that see them stay on top and give nobody else a chance, the bureaucats bending over backwards to give them what they want. It's americanisation. The wealth thrown at what is essentially children, the play acting, VAR, mercenaries that don't care, a generation too concerned with being called cringe to create atmospheres, the pure entitlement of all involved in the sport and it's long ongoing corruption has ripped the soul out of football. 

The sport has gone past disconnect to the fans that made it. 

Totally disillusioned with the fact that lessons never seem to be learned. The club is full of incompetents from top to bottom. I know inefficiency is everywhere in society these days - and in general blithely accepted with a carefree shrug and the dreaded “it is what it is” cliche - but you don’t expect this football club, such a tour de force not so long ago and the envy of most other clubs of the same size and stature, to have become such a weak, complacent organisation and team - a soft touch if you like - in such a short time.

Maresca’s refusal to adapt his tactics or change his personnel symbolises the club’s malaise. I have no desire to watch the team again in person while he continues to be so stubborn and stupid.

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't mean for this season. As in, anyone just can't be arsed with Leicester any more? Shitshow on the pitch, worse off it arguably. 

Also other factors could come into play (personal, state of football itself, financial etc...) but is anyone considering supporting a non-league team, or perhaps sacking football off altogether? 

It’s a hard one. I don’t want to lose my season ticket, but I don’t enjoy going anymore. I think most of us need the summer and possibly the Euros to give us a break from EnzoBall.

I am fed up with football in general, England are just as depressing as well with an over rated charlatan in charge. Media bias, money at the top, clubs struggling or going bust. Yet the bar stools keep drawing me in. Watching over rated fragile egos kicking a ball and collapsing at the slightest touch, yet I still keep watching, paying and getting mardy all the time. Maybe it’s me, maybe a decent team playing decent football might help or maybe it’ll never change and I’ll have to divorce myself, go cold turkey and hope I come out the other end. 

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's not meant to come across as knee-jerk, but perhaps it's the state of football on a grander scale that's getting to people and influencing the decisions that people make. 

People say this all the time yet continue to watch football.

You'll all be in the Premier League and Championship threads later today posting about results.

Couldn’t ever not support city, however post the Christmas period I’ve missed a few home games and even those games and away games I’ve half heartedly watched on tv. I find it incredibly boring and sterile with frustration with a manager that is so stubborn he won’t change his philosophy, even slightly adapting would help, although any team we play knows exactly how to counteract it.

Off the pitch is a mirror imagine of incompetence with no changes as we’re ok attitude. The whole system is poorly managed. 

Getting to the stage of why I’m I bothering with something I’m not enjoying. 

Yeah stopped being arsed after Rodgers debacle. I knew then, that our chairman had no idea what he was doing and that everyone underneath him are comfortable, no fear, just kick their feet up no matter how bad of a job they did. 

And now with Maresca, it’s possession based bore fest dressed up slightly differently. Barely watched a full 90 all season and it’s made life more enjoyable 🤣

And it isn’t just Leicester… I find most games boring nowadays. All the same, everyone thinking they’re pep. 
Then in the prem, there’s VAR, that just steps in giving pens for nothing, red cards that clearly aren’t red cards, and disallowing goals for seemingly nothing … football, is in the mud. 

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm just glad Golf season is here, sick of this shit show..