Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea

Chelsea have made a move to sign Leicester City midfielder Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, who Brighton are also interested in.

Albion are keen to sign Dewsbury-Hall in a cash-plus-player swap deal involving Poland midfielder Jakub Moder.

Moder is ready to switch but there are concerns that Chelsea's enquiry, made on Thursday, could cause Dewsbury-Hall to reject the move to the south coast.

Chelsea believe they would be the preferred choice for the 25-year-old, particularly as they can offer the chance to link up with manager Enzo Maresca, who joined the Blues this summer after delivering Leicester's Championship title and promotion to the Premier League last season.

The situation is complicated further by Dewsbury-Hall's general reluctance to leave his boyhood club, who he joined when he was eight.

In an interview with BBC Sport this week, Dewsbury-Hall said: "I have been here since I was a kid. I love everything about the club. I grew up and managed to play in the first team. I am happy.

"I have never said I am actively wanting to leave. That sort of stuff is not up to me. You never know with football - the season is about to start, so we will see."

The Foxes, who hired Steve Cooper to succeed Maresca, are in a poor position under the Premier League profit and sustainability rules and it is thought they need to sell the academy graduate to satisfy the regulations.

Brentford are also reportedly interested in Dewsbury-Hall.

• Like 1

The fact he is 9/1 to sign for Brighton says everything. 

Romano is getting some bad information regarding us currently (which I don't mind!) take everything he says as a pinch of salt currently. 

It's obvious we need to sell and Chelsea and Enzo know this. They will low ball us no doubt but if we have to sell then we will before Sunday. 

• Like 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

The fact he is 9/1 to sign for Brighton says everything. 

Romano is getting some bad information regarding us currently (which I don't mind!) take everything he says as a pinch of salt currently. 

It's obvious we need to sell and Chelsea and Enzo know this. They will low ball us no doubt but if we have to sell then we will before Sunday. 

if people actually look deeper, hes not getting any info on us, hes piggy backing off others for it then some of our fans are taking its done as hes tweeted it

A question for those with more knowledge of these things than me. What is the difference in PSR treatment if we agree a deal for £25m + a player or if we sell the player for £35m and buy a player from the same club for £10m as some other clubs have done?

5 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

A question for those with more knowledge of these things than me. What is the difference in PSR treatment if we agree a deal for £25m + a player or if we sell the player for £35m and buy a player from the same club for £10m as some other clubs have done?

Us purchasing a player for 10m, wouldnt really be an issue for last seasons PSR, as we spread the transfer fee over the length of his contract. 
4 year deal - 2.5m a season.

4 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

If we sell KDH for £25m that's £25m in the profit column for this year

If as part of that deal we receive a player in return, then he has a purchase value of £0, so nothing to add into our costs/lost 'column'

The alternative is £35m profit for KDH for this year, but then spending say £10m on a replacement, which would be amortised across say a 4 year deal, for £2.5m in the loss/cost column for this year (and £2.5m in each following year). 

I don't know, but logic would dictate that the latter is better from a PSR perspective, because we'd have the £35m in time for the 23/24 accounts, but wouldn't spend the £10m till the 24/25 season.

I am struggling to understand this deal. I cannot fathom why Chelsea would need him. As they are also under scrutiny for their finances, why would they needlessly buy another player in position where they already have a huge number of players?? From our perspective if we are offered a decent amount, we are duty bound to accept. But as every club in the land knows our (potential) situation, we're going to get low-balled every time.

As I say, for me, I cannot fathom Chelsea's interest

6 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Face value looks like we’ve leaked to Romano again to get Chelsea moving. It’s clear we would want a higher cash deal because of the pure profit. Then we go get his replacement on the cheap and amortise the fee for that player over a period of time.

Higher cash sale to Chelsea with a couple of loans coming this way does me nicely. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GLC said:

Us purchasing a player for 10m, wouldnt really be an issue for last seasons PSR, as we spread the transfer fee over the length of his contract. 
4 year deal - 2.5m a season.

Thanks, I understood that part, but how would the swap part work? Would his value be assessed and treated as if we had bought him?

11 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

given theyve stock piled 300 players we should ask for a few, be wrong not too

We only need one to bump it up from say £25m for kdh to £75m and £50m for their cleaner to join our development squad. Ffp sorted then the new rules come in and we can spend 4 times what we are currently getting punished for spending. 

4 minutes ago, Suffolk exile said:

I am struggling to understand this deal. I cannot fathom why Chelsea would need him. As they are also under scrutiny for their finances, why would they needlessly buy another player in position where they already have a huge number of players?? From our perspective if we are offered a decent amount, we are duty bound to accept. But as every club in the land knows our (potential) situation, we're going to get low-balled every time.

As I say, for me, I cannot fathom Chelsea's interest

I only assume they plan on selling Gallagher pretty much a like for like replacement

Edited by lcfcbluearmy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Thanks, I understood that part, but how would the swap part work? Would his value be assessed and treated as if we had bought him?

There is no 'swap' part. It just a make weight on the deal, to reduce the value of KDH to Brighton, Let's say that value comes down to £25m for his valuation at £35m. Thats fine, as we probably only need £20m on last periods PSR, and we need a body in, anyway, in the form of Moder. It's just two separate deals, with one at a reduced price.

Unless there is detailed information about the transaction, no one will know. If its all done as part of one deal (which others have said might be unlikely these days) presumably you might save all the related fees for the incoming player. 

4 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I only assume they plan on selling Gallagher pretty much a like for like replacement

Also the other reason for Chelsea’s interest is there manager. So makes sense. 

39 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Would Chelsea offer us a player? 

They may have to for their own FFP. 

Not as a direct swap but as the same quid pro quo deal that half the Prem is doing at the moment. 

They buy Dewsbury-Hall for a flattering fee and we buy one of theirs in return for a bump in this season's balance. 

Obviously rather we don't do this, depending on who it is, would much rather a loan or something non committal until we sort our finances out but they'll probably want something in return. 

I suppose we do possibly need a conventional left back now and Enzo will want to get rid of any that can't play the inverted role. 

They've got a Leicester academy graduate knocking about they could send back..... 

lol