Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

Brighton are also ready to revive their interest in Leicester midfielder Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall.

The Seagulls made an attempt to land the Foxes star in January but were put off by the £30million asking price.

Having won promotion, that price is expected to have gone up. However, Leicester's delicate financial position means they could have to sell

• Sad 1

Only if,  as others have said,  the sale gets us out of the shit. There's no onus on us to sell if it means doing it on the cheap and in turn still falling foul of PSR.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Only if,  as others have said,  the sale gets us out of the shit. There's no onus on us to sell if it means doing it on the cheap and in turn still falling foul of PSR.

I think it would be difficult to refuse 40m. It could help us to meet FFP for this financial year and be ready to spend in the next financial year..

Posted (edited)
On 07/06/2024 at 14:17, MPH said:

I think it would be difficult to refuse 40m. It could help us to meet FFP for this financial year and be ready to spend in the next financial year..

40m is way undervalued.

I also agree with jimjams, if we sold him and still failed PSR that would be stupid. 

Our problem I feel isnt not selling superstars but that we have turned down so many deals for unused squad players, all these add up to a large amount combined especially when factoring in wages.  Some of these then left for a free such as soyuncu and praet.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

40m is way undervalued.

I also agree with jimjams, if we sold him and still failed PSR that would be stupid. 

Our problem I feel isnt not selling superstars but that we have turned down so many deals for unused squad players, all these add up to a large amount combined especially when factoring in wages.  Some of these then left for a free such as soyuncu and praet.

40m is undervalued? We couldn’t even get someone to pay 30m in January.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 07/06/2024 at 14:06, JimJams said:

That sounds like a common sense approach, I really think you need to bring it to the attention of the club, they need all the help they can get otherwise we wouldn't be in this situation. 

Just now, Chrysalis said:

I think he is worth more than 8 points.

His replacement could be worth even more. IF We sell him,

now don’t misunderstand I’d prefer we didn’t but if we get an offer of 40m we should take it. He’s completely replaceable. If there’s one thing there are plenty of in the footballing world,  it’s CMs.

selling him,  avoiding a bigger points deduction and buying a replacement would be a much better option than starting the season on -8 or more points.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Hard to say , if he performs lime he did last year in the Prem, then 40 mill is a bargain, but that's a big if

I think he'll be more like the year before when he was big part of the team that dropped.

If we can get 40m I'd sell no issue. We could bring in 2, possibly 3 players from the u23s of man city etc with a higher potential. Kiernans a couple years off 30, we won't get a much better price on him unless he smashes it next year, breaks in to the England fold and we stay up... can't see any of that happening 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Simonb said:

I think he'll be more like the year before when he was big part of the team that dropped.

If we can get 40m I'd sell no issue. We could bring in 2, possibly 3 players from the u23s of man city etc with a higher potential. Kiernans a couple years off 30, we won't get a much better price on him unless he smashes it next year, breaks in to the England fold and we stay up... can't see any of that happening 

Well firstly he is 25 and will only be 26 next season - secondly which players do you have in mind ?

we should keep him at all cost imo as we can clear others out before selling our assets - if he -lays and kicks on he will be worth £60m+ and we need players who want to be here and will fight which KDH will do plus he has quality it is hard to find with goal scoring and assist capability being irreplaceable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I just don't see him leaving for anyone outside the big six of Newcastle.

Who are the big six of Newcastle? I know Newcastle and Sunderland, struggling with the other 4. 

I don't think they could all afford him. 

25 minutes ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Who are the big six of Newcastle? I know Newcastle and Sunderland, struggling with the other 4. 

I don't think they could all afford him. 

Typo....

• Haha 1

Nice to have players developed through the youth ranks, but I don't think he's that good.

He's OK at everything and excellent at nothing. That's still a very useful skillset, but I would snap anyone's hand off if they're offering £40m plus.

KDH is also utterly one-footed, which is always going to be limiting at the top level. His stock will never be higher than coming off the back of a Championship season.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Don’t make the mistakes of old. Know when to sell and reinvest as wisely as we can 

Nobody is going to offer anywhere near a decent price for him imo. Talk of £40mill is well wide of the mark unless somehow Marseca thinks he's worth that, but even then they'll need to find a buyer for an apparent £55mill for Gallagher before they could do that, and nobody is paying that.

Could go all conspiracy theory and draw the conclusion that we're after Longstaff for £15mill and they take KDH for £40mill to ease it through the books...

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 2