Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Obviously this is the start of a potentially dodgy PSR related deal. Which academy player are we buying back? Trevor chalobah? Broja? 

It might not fall to us to have to buy one of their academy products. Someone else may do that. We might be in a 4 or 5 team circle, if you know what I mean

• Like 1

People banging on about him being a Man United fan, I did remember him once saying Paul Scholes was his idol. He also said he tries studying him to play like him. In my head i thought try learning how to pass properly.

Surely there’s no point selling him unless we can do it before 30th June, so it helps with PSR and reduces our points deduction?  If we sell him after that, it won’t help with PSR, and it’ll just make us a weaker team.  So it makes no sense for Chelsea to be approaching us with only 4 days left.  It worries me, because it would be a pointless sale.

7 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Surely there’s no point selling him unless we can do it before 30th June, so it helps with PSR and reduces our points deduction?  If we sell him after that, it won’t help with PSR, and it’ll just make us a weaker team.  So it makes no sense for Chelsea to be approaching us with only 4 days left.  It worries me, because it would be a pointless sale.

It would also only save us 2-4 points, precedent set last season with Everton.

If we care about FFP, just sell a youth player to forest for 30m, and buy another back in the other direction on 4-5 year deal, solved.

45 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

A Chelsea mate of mine reckons it could be the start of one of these dodgy PSR mutual deals.

They pay us over the odds, we bank the profit to pass FFP, we buy one of their youngsters for 15m, they’ll bank that profit etc.

The way those deals work is you sell someone of no value to the first team, we would be selling our player of the year.

If we sell KDH this summer I think I wont be watching us next season, sick of the club's inability to sell squad players, and just keep pushing out the best players.  They are clueless, we should be doing a youth player swap to get round FFP.

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Weighing up the bigger picture, I wouldn’t be that devastated if he did depart. 

Going off the basis of Cooper playing either a 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-1-2, the only way he fits into those systems is if you play him as a number 10, you certainly wouldn’t play him deeper alongside Winks, as that partnership lacks defensive protection. 

He produced some incredible creative numbers in the Championship last season, he ranked as one of the best midfielders in the Championship for xA, smart passes and key passes. As numerous posters have said though, he probably isn’t technical enough to play as an outright number 10. 

Replace him with a more technical number 10, who produced similar numbers to KDH last season, then losing him might actually not look that bad. 

I can see the merits in selling him, but really only if we can do it in time to benefit us from the PSR point of view. 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not selling at maximum value has been our recent sin/failing, so there is perhaps some vague sense in this (as well as FFP/PSR issues)

It is the opposite, we have failed to sell squad players because of an obsession of seeking maximum value.

The more you look at some of these deals it’s hard to not imagine that their is cross season horse trading going on, and this season some decided they are to idle to wait for the cross season deniability!!

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

It is the opposite, we have failed to sell squad players because of an obsession of seeking maximum value.

Not what I meant, worded very badly, meant we don’t sell when we could get a good (maximum?) value, too much playing hard ball or weirdly rejecting. Maybe KDH being homegrown takes the book value hand wringing away and a deal is more palatable. :dunno:

18 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Depends if our legal people believe that an efl sanction can be applied in the PL. 

if not then we gamble on staying up (with a single sanction of approx 6 points) and the sale in 24/25 helps us to avoid a PL points deduction the following season. 

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Going off the basis of Cooper playing either a 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-1-2, the only way he fits into those systems is if you play him as a number 10, you certainly wouldn’t play him deeper alongside Winks, as that partnership lacks defensive protection. 

He produced some incredible creative numbers in the Championship last season, he ranked as one of the best midfielders in the Championship for xA, smart passes and key passes. As numerous posters have said though, he probably isn’t technical enough to play as an outright number 10. 

Replace him with a more technical number 10, who produced similar numbers to KDH last season, then losing him might actually not look that bad. 

100% this

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Depends if our legal people believe that an efl sanction can be applied in the PL. 

if not then we gamble on staying up (with a single sanction of approx 6 points) and the sale in 24/25 helps us to avoid a PL points deduction the following season. 

I thought we were facing a double points deduction this season, for breaching PSR over 22/23 and 23/24.  Meaning that if we sold a player before 30th June, we won’t be as badly overspent for 23/24. 
But yes, the 23/24 breach was in the EFL, and we don’t know if that punishment will occur this season, or if they’ll wait till we’re relegated again, and then hit us with a points deduction.

But all the talk is of the EFL breach being applicable in the PL. 

16 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Absolutely - he doesn’t seem to be a natural fit at all into the formations Cooper favoured at Forest. Get £40m pure profit and one or two of Chelsea’s squad we can pay off over 4/5 years that would fit the new style of play better and it’s a pretty good bit of business - as long as it can be done quickly. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

It might not fall to us to have to buy one of their academy products. Someone else may do that. We might be in a 4 or 5 team circle, if you know what I mean

this feels so dirty.

I love it

• Haha 1