Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Business idea...
Partridge Ideas

One central "medical centre" so the player doent have to go to each club to be tested.

Yeah cos monopoly + people = success - right?  lol

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

A few things I don’t understand.

We’re being forced to sell KDH because of Profit and Sustainability rules, could someone explain what is sustainable about selling a player who’s come through your academy who apparently wants to stay at the club?

Furthermore, because we need to sell to comply with Profit and Sustainability rules we have less bargaining power and he’s going for way below market value (Now, market value is a load of bollocks and he’s not worth market value but that’s another discussion entirely - average players are going in excess of £30 / £40m nowadays)

Even furthermore to this it looks like we’re allowing and accepting an even worse deal which on the face of things makes no sense or reasoning to help our FFP/PSR situation.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

If the idea is to sell KDH and then start Soumare, god help us all.

If we see Moder as a like for like replacement and want to keep Soumare as an option, then it still seems like a terrible deal.

I don’t really understand why some are so eager to ship KDH off to Brighton. I think Brighton are in for a tougher year this year and if we start well we could end up being mid-table competitors. That aside and whatever you think of him, KDH was integral last year and has been one of the few players that has actually put a shift in over the past few years. He is obviously motivated and has a few undeniable strengths. I’m unaware of what Moder might bring but there’s a reason he is being offered as part of a swap deal and Brighton clearly see KDH as an improvement. Even if KDH goes to Chelsea, we will need to replace him and that’s not going to be cheap or necessarily doable on the budget we have. Likely, we end up with a downgrade and a weaker midfield than we had last year. Moreover, just the optics of having to sell one of your best players who is also a local and isn’t pressuring to leave the club is terrible. It signals that we are no longer taking the footballing side of the operation seriously. There are four players who surely we should look to move on first if we have to (Soutter, Kristiansen, Soumare, Daka). Cooper might have different plans but I can’t ever imagine Daka or Soumare coming good whereas the other two haven’t played much of a role or been at the club in VK’s case. We’ve resigned Vesty so that implies he’s going to be first choice I think and with Thomas coming back we probably need to sell a fullback. 

Really can’t make sense of selling KDH as the priority.

Edited by oadby.fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Really can’t make sense of selling KDH as the priority.

Same reason Forest sold Johnson, and same reason why Man City sell most of their academy players (including Palmer). Money.  Pure profit on the books that goes straight into the current accounting period. 

• Like 4

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I'm probably worth £10m in today's market 

He also has 26 international appearances

edit: Just checked, you are not according to Transfermrkt, only 6m and Euros at that

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

He also has 26 international appearances

edit: Just checked, you are not according to Transfermrkt, only 6m and Euros at that

Seems you are also on loan from Forest?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So we've valued him at £25.1m?

Swap deals and player plus cash deals don't happen. They were rare back in the 90s but they definitely don't happen in the FFP world and they certainly aren't happening with PSR looming. 

I'd be surprised if it isn't structured similarly to Maddison and Winks. We sell one, a very short time later we conveniently buy the other. 

That'll probably be why it's nowhere near over the line despite both players apparently having done medicals and possibly agreeing contracts. 

Leicester will want the fee for KDH to be as high as possible even if that means paying more for Moder. We'd rather get 40m for KDH and buy Moder for 15m than sell KDH for 25 and get Moder free. We need the money in the win column this year, right now. 

But Brighton are the wrong club to be dealing with. Unlike Newcastle, Everton, Villa and Co, Brighton don't need that money desperately at the moment. What they want, in fact, is to avoid having KDH tied to such significant amortisation for the upcoming seasons. Literally the opposite. So they will want to use Moder as a make weight to bring down the KDH fee by convincing us he's an adequate replacement (he isn't) instead. 

This is definitely one to let Susan negotiate while Jon and Top wait in the creche. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Same reason Forest sold Johnson, and same reason why Man City sell most of their academy players (including Palmer). Money.  Pure profit on the books that goes straight into the current accounting period. 

Perhaps I’m showing my lack of knowledge in this area but this leaves a few questions still unanswered (at least for me!).

Firstly, it is my understanding that we will be subject to a deduction this season irrespective of how much we made right now. If that’s right then is this looking forwards to the following/current period? If so, then I don’t see why we would be under immediate pressure to sell KDH now unless we are definitely going to fall foul and this Summer is our last window to rectify things. If not and there’s a choice between, say, a 4 point deduction and selling KDH then I say keep KDH. If the current period needs improving but ends next Summer (or the following), then we don’t necessarily need to sell KDH now. 

Secondly, whilst I understand that academy players don’t “cost” anything, money is money right and it doesn’t make a difference as to where it comes from when balancing the books? As things stand, players like Daka and Soumare will sit on the bench, draining a wage from the club and then leave for free realising a loss for the club. Even if we recouped £12m for them both we wouldn’t lose anything (in terms of quality) and we would also free up wages. Yes, that would be taking a loss but we would be mitigating a portion of it. Similarly, surely there is a taker for one of Soutter or VK at around £10m. All of that together would bring us to a similar financial position as shifting KDH would for £20m and bringing in Moder would it not? If anything we would be a lot better off regarding wages whilst the first team hasn’t weakened at all.

I imagine I must be missing quite a few things!

15 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Perhaps I’m showing my lack of knowledge in this area but this leaves a few questions still unanswered (at least for me!).

Firstly, it is my understanding that we will be subject to a deduction this season irrespective of how much we made right now. If that’s right then is this looking forwards to the following/current period? If so, then I don’t see why we would be under immediate pressure to sell KDH now unless we are definitely going to fall foul and this Summer is our last window to rectify things. If not and there’s a choice between, say, a 4 point deduction and selling KDH then I say keep KDH. If the current period needs improving but ends next Summer (or the following), then we don’t necessarily need to sell KDH now. 

Secondly, whilst I understand that academy players don’t “cost” anything, money is money right and it doesn’t make a difference as to where it comes from when balancing the books? As things stand, players like Daka and Soumare will sit on the bench, draining a wage from the club and then leave for free realising a loss for the club. Even if we recouped £12m for them both we wouldn’t lose anything (in terms of quality) and we would also free up wages. Yes, that would be taking a loss but we would be mitigating a portion of it. Similarly, surely there is a taker for one of Soutter or VK at around £10m. All of that together would bring us to a similar financial position as shifting KDH would for £20m and bringing in Moder would it not? If anything we would be a lot better off regarding wages whilst the first team hasn’t weakened at all.

I imagine I must be missing quite a few things!

You shouldn't need to have any knowledge about it. No football fan should. It appears nobody at the club does either which is more worrying 

Edited by foxfanazer

Don't we have to sell in June for it to count in this year's PSR financials.

Would rather keep him and take the points deductions, because these rules change next season.

Edited by trooky