Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

34 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The fact he is 9/1 to sign for Brighton says everything. 

Romano is getting some bad information regarding us currently (which I don't mind!) take everything he says as a pinch of salt currently. 

It's obvious we need to sell and Chelsea and Enzo know this. They will low ball us no doubt but if we have to sell then we will before Sunday. 

Where are you getting those odds? I can only see he's 8/13 favouite to Brighton on Skybet

image.thumb.png.6bb3af311eca1bd159866c7bf4763ed3.png

36 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Romano is getting some bad information regarding us currently (which I don't mind!) take everything he says as a pinch of salt currently. 

It's obvious we need to sell and Chelsea and Enzo know this. They will low ball us no doubt but if we have to sell then we will before Sunday. 

It's a Polish reporter who tweeted the news first, and then Romano went with it to try to show he's on it. 

It's interesting he's getting more wrong than he used to, especially on the club. It's why he keeps mentioning exclusives now to defend his reputation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Where are you getting those odds? I can only see he's 8/13 favouite to Brighton on Skybet

image.thumb.png.6bb3af311eca1bd159866c7bf4763ed3.png

To be fair it was last night... i should probably have checked again this morning. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

if people actually look deeper, hes not getting any info on us, hes piggy backing off others for it then some of our fans are taking its done as hes tweeted it

The Potter one is one of his worst in history. 

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'd rather we just took the money and used that to get wilf to sign on

for me Wilf is harder to replace than KDH so i totally agree. 

Wilf has obviously been offered a decent contract by us and even Mavididi was telling him to sign it on Instragram yesterday, i don't think a player would do this in the public domain without it being a serious offer. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, trooky said:

But what's the 3rd deduction for?

It's all up in the air. We're facing sanctions by either EFL or EPL, for not submitting our financial reports on time/at all, to either party, for the 23/24 season. 

It's been reported that we may need to get circa £30m onto the books by June 30th to comply with PSR.

We have received some money by letting Chelsea take Enzo and his team. 

I'd imagine we still need about £20m from the sale of say a KDH to comply, and avoid a further potential points deduction (whichever body, EFL or EPL, would try to enforce this, is unclear)

Edited by FoxinNotts

Chelsea makes sense with the context they're likely selling Gallagher. Probably already identified KDH before Enzo moved over. Can also see him getting plenty of games if Enzo was to replicate KDH on the left side, not many Chelsea players can play that position (though I'm sure a few of their stockpile can very well..) Gallagher played on the left side of midfield under Poch.

Rinse them Jon. Tactical genius to get Brighton to push Chelsea's fee up while we get Moder for cheap for squad depth.

37 minutes ago, Suffolk exile said:

I am struggling to understand this deal. I cannot fathom why Chelsea would need him. As they are also under scrutiny for their finances, why would they needlessly buy another player in position where they already have a huge number of players?? From our perspective if we are offered a decent amount, we are duty bound to accept. But as every club in the land knows our (potential) situation, we're going to get low-balled every time.

As I say, for me, I cannot fathom Chelsea's interest

Chelsea have apparently dealt with their psr issues for 23/24.  Buying a player for 35m (7m into their neg column for 23/24 would be unlikely to screw them up). however, they may make the argument that they’re tight and therefore to make the deal happen before Sunday mean they can afford 25m max.  If we are forced to accept because of our circumstances then we must surely demand they loan us a couple of players (and at low rates)

31 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

There is no 'swap' part. It just a make weight on the deal, to reduce the value of KDH to Brighton, Let's say that value comes down to £25m for his valuation at £35m. Thats fine, as we probably only need £20m on last periods PSR, and we need a body in, anyway, in the form of Moder. It's just two separate deals, with one at a reduced price.

There is no benefit in swap deals because of how psr works  - Brighton are clear of any issues so have no care what season their purchases and sales are in

we make the sale before June 30

we make the purchase after July 1 

that has largest psr benefit for 23/24 which is looking like the most pressing issue. Let’s see what’s happened by Monday - that will tell us more about how we view our situation with the efl/epl

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

This guy is a joke anyway. Gets all his information same way we do. 

Fair play to him for finding  a gap in this market though to make money from it.  

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

OK. So. 

The sanctions in question for failure to report was to the EFL. What they wanted was for us to outline our strategy for how we were going to get compliant and threatened us with a transfer embargo until we did. 

We, essentially, laughed in their face. Our 23/24 finances aren't out and won't be for a long time and any previous breaches are and were nothing to do with them. Unless we go straight back down, the EFL aren't a problem. 

Even then, we're only answerable to them for whatever we did this season. 

The only body we need to worry about right now and the only one that can sanction any points deductions are the Premier League. They care about two things, whether or now we failed to comply in any one season we were in the Premier League and whether or not we fail to comply in any three year rolling period. 

We know we are already due a points deduction for incurring too large losses in a single season last time we were in the Prem. 

What's being suggested by Football Insider (who are an absolute Z tier source just parrot other sources and who are posting 99% clickbait for engagement) is that we may also need to sell before July 1st or face a further points deduction for being in breach over the 3 year period ending in a few days also. 

Given that the finances for this period won't be fully revealed for quite a while yet and the speed at which these things get concluded (and how many clubs might be non compliant) it's actually extremely possible that any second points deduction might not even be handed out until the 25/26 season anyway. But it's also likely that we'll sell KDH in the 24 hours and thus dodge the issue anyway. 

One of the more depressing aspects of all this has been the willingness of so many of our own fans to happily swallow and regurgitate the lurid -15 points stories as if they have any basis in reality. And not just on the facebook fan sites (where you'd expect it), but on here too. Incredible. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bergen fox said:

Gets all his information same way we do. 

You get hourly Whatsapps from Paul Winstanley on every player Chelsea are scouting/putting a bid in for?

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we are forced to accept because of our circumstances then we must surely demand they loan us a couple of players (and at low rates)

Maximum of one from any top flight club at any one time 

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

One of the more depressing aspects of all this has been the willingness of so many of our own fans to happily swallow and regurgitate the lurid -15 points stories as if they have any basis in reality. And not just on the facebook fan sites (where you'd expect it), but on here too. Incredible. 

People on the whole are pretty stupid and believe everything they read on vaguely official looking websites. 

The Onion has been proving this for decades. 

13 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Disagree. He scored once and set up three against a top six side all season in the Championship. 

So he hasn’t made any improvements or grown in maturity in the last 12 months?

Just now, Gevans_97 said:

Money to deal with PSR and Gallagher the other way would suit fine. 

Chelsea captain and England International who's probably worth double KDH Gallagher? 

• Like 2

If he has to be sold I hope he goes to Chelsea as he deserves a good move given his loyal service to us.

I hope we can also get a few of the Chelsea development players on loan for the year which would ease our financial problems.

Really though I'd prefer to have him here next season. So lets see what happens.