Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s got a better attitude than DD, but when you compare him to other players in that role within that (big 6) group, he’s nowhere near as good. I like the lad, think he’s a good player and hard worker, and to be fair I reckon he won’t go unless he knows we’re getting a good deal in return. He has good footballing morals as he’s proven, and we know Susan drives a hard bargain so we will end up with either the cash we want or at least one player we want in return. 

Due to FFP this will be the way the game goes, clubs buying players and swapping / including others within the deals. 

Surely ffp means swaps and player inclusions are less likely ?  Clubs need all the monies in rather than depleted values due to player inclusions ?? 

If you mean ‘effective’ swaps with a deal in both directions then I agree 

fofana was pretty meh at burnley from what i saw. A couple of tap ins made it seem like he did better than he did. 

Hurchinson would be the move as he’s argubly better than kdh 

Rather take the money than the players on offer, Casadei's quotes after he went back to Chelsea weren't particularly enthusiastic about his time at Leicester. 

We're in a position of strength here, despite the PSR issues. 

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'll say one thing..... I prefer Casadei to Moder.

The issue with Casadei was that we were developing a player who wasn't ready to perform for us at that point in time. If he becomes our player permanently then instant impact isn't needed like when he was a loan player for us. I think with a season of regular game time he could become a 20 - 30 mil player for us. If Chelsea value him more than 7 mil I would just take the straight cash though.

Just now, Lambert09 said:

fofana was pretty meh at burnley from what i saw. A couple of tap ins made it seem like he did better than he did. 

Hutchinson wants Ipswich, so don't see that happening. 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Thought Ipswich are ready to pay 22m

11 minutes ago, Ricey said:

How do these swap deals help PSR?

We've gone from a world of very rare swap deals, to a transfer window made up of almost entirely swap deals.

Presumably it wouldn't actually be a swap deal, but separate deals so that the full value can be used for the KDH sale?

You answered your own question. Because they aren't swap deals. 

Swap deals don't happen. They sell us a player, we sell them a player, two completely separate deals. 

Both of us amortise the incoming player and cash the outgoing one immediately for a quick win this period. 

• Like 2

Broja, Datro Fofana and Casadei mentioned

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/28/chelsea-kiernan-dewsbury-hall-leicester-brighton-transfer/

Leicester value Dewsbury-Hall at £35 million and are under pressure to raise cash to help comply with profit and sustainability rules.

It remains to be seen whether Chelsea would meet that asking price, but the club have a number of players who could be allowed to make the switch to Leicester.

Striker Armando Broja is understood to be of some interest to Leicester, who have lost Kelechi Iheanacho and are looking to sign a striker and a midfielder this summer. Broja is already on the radar of at least two other Premier League clubs, one of which is thought to be Everton.

David Datro Fofana is another forward Chelsea are open to moving in this window. He has interest from European clubs, having spent the second half of last season on loan at Burnley.

Midfielder Cesare Casadei is another player who could leave Stamford Bridge. The midfielder spent the first half of last season on loan at Leicester and shares the same agency as the new Foxes manager Steve Cooper.

Chelsea overpays for KDH, this helps sort our FFP issues.

We then buy a Chelsea player, give them the money they overpaid back, and a little more, which helps Chelsea with the FFP.

Both clubs receive income to address FFP, and they spread the cost/impact on future FFP calculations by giving players 5-year contacts.

It will not be a swap.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Thought Ipswich are ready to pay 22m

if we match it and chelsea say that’s the deal he would come. he’s not a boyhood ipswich fan of course he’d take a better offer 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

if we match it and chelsea say that’s the deal he would come. he’s not a boyhood ipswich fan of course he’d take a better offer 

He is more of a winger, doubt we would be interested when we are singing Abdul for a similar price

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Broja, Datro Fofana and Casadei mentioned

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/28/chelsea-kiernan-dewsbury-hall-leicester-brighton-transfer/

Leicester value Dewsbury-Hall at £35 million and are under pressure to raise cash to help comply with profit and sustainability rules.

It remains to be seen whether Chelsea would meet that asking price, but the club have a number of players who could be allowed to make the switch to Leicester.

Striker Armando Broja is understood to be of some interest to Leicester, who have lost Kelechi Iheanacho and are looking to sign a striker and a midfielder this summer. Broja is already on the radar of at least two other Premier League clubs, one of which is thought to be Everton.

David Datro Fofana is another forward Chelsea are open to moving in this window. He has interest from European clubs, having spent the second half of last season on loan at Burnley.

Midfielder Cesare Casadei is another player who could leave Stamford Bridge. The midfielder spent the first half of last season on loan at Leicester and shares the same agency as the new Foxes manager Steve Cooper.

£35m ffs

Drinkwater was £35m in 2017, with transfer value inflation that would be £50m in today's market!

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

He would be a starter for Ipswich....

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

So he hasn’t made any improvements or grown in maturity in the last 12 months?

No he’s been in a lesser division. Notably made a bitter interview after losing to Coventry to suggest his maturity hadn’t changed 

I'd prefer not to have Cassadei back given what he said, But if it has to be it has to be.

30 million for kdh and a few loans for a season. That way we get help. The Players get experience and Chelsea still own them. 

A win win all round.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

OK. So. 

The sanctions in question for failure to report was to the EFL. What they wanted was for us to outline our strategy for how we were going to get compliant and threatened us with a transfer embargo until we did. 

We, essentially, laughed in their face. Our 23/24 finances aren't out and won't be for a long time and any previous breaches are and were nothing to do with them. Unless we go straight back down, the EFL aren't a problem. 

Even then, we're only answerable to them for whatever we did this season. 

The only body we need to worry about right now and the only one that can sanction any points deductions are the Premier League. They care about two things, whether or now we failed to comply in any one season we were in the Premier League and whether or not we fail to comply in any three year rolling period. 

We know we are already due a points deduction for incurring too large losses in a single season last time we were in the Prem. 

What's being suggested by Football Insider (who are an absolute Z tier source just parrot other sources and who are posting 99% clickbait for engagement) is that we may also need to sell before July 1st or face a further points deduction for being in breach over the 3 year period ending in a few days also. 

Given that the finances for this period won't be fully revealed for quite a while yet and the speed at which these things get concluded (and how many clubs might be non compliant) it's actually extremely possible that any second points deduction might not even be handed out until the 25/26 season anyway. But it's also likely that we'll sell KDH in the 24 hours and thus dodge the issue anyway. 

Exactly how I see the situation

i think a lot of people, and me included especially initially, get confused about the accounting period points deductions handed out to the likes of Everton and Forest relate to. People cite Everton getting two last season, but that was because the premier league didn’t act fast enough to comply with their own rules.

3 minutes ago, lfu said:

£35m ffs

Drinkwater was £35m in 2017, with transfer value inflation that would be £50m in today's market!

Would put him in the top 50 most expensive PL transfer list.

I like KDH but he's not worth 50m lol

I can definately see something like £45m and then we just so happen to pay £20m for one of their lads...

Gets us both out a hole but only £25m really changes hands. That seems to be the current work around of FFP. 

Would try and get a cheeky loan on top of that too.