Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d take £30m + D.Fofana/M.Sarr/Broja

Then go and get Sara from Norwich to fill the KDH shaped void

Apparently Sarra is going Roma so we've got no chance 

On 27/06/2024 at 20:01, hackneyfox said:

Beyond me why anyone makes claims like this. 
If we sell him, bring in a player who better suits us and we end up playing scintillating football in top half of the PL will you be sat at home refusing to go?

Club is developing a problem of selling players brought up the ranks, star players, whilst leaving deadwood in squad to rot rejecting offers, dont like how the club is being run.  It stinks.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Club is developing a problem of selling players brought up the ranks, star players, whilst leaving deadwood in squad to rot rejecting offers, dont like how the club is being run.  It stinks.

The rules which force clubs to sell their academy products is what stinks. PSR incentivises clubs to sell their developed youngsters 

Agree with the deadwood comment though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

It’s financially sensible to sell your own youth even if it is repellent. You also cannot make people who are not needed, leave, but that is totally the clubs fault for offering such high wages.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

In fairness kante had a clause in his contract to go to a champions league club for 20 million (there were plenty that would have activated it) chelsea who weren't in Europe paid 32 million.

Fofana they basically gave us 70 million for a cripple who had they not would have been stuck on a long term deal with his value slowly dying. 

They also paid 35 million for drinkwater who was clearly not their mentality wise and barely kicked a ball professionally after.

Who? Arsenal were linked but didn't bother.... he as literally their missing piece as well!

45 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

3. £10 million would be worth a gamble 1 good season could see that rise to 50-60 Million so again maximum profit...

We ain't getting Carvalho for £10mill if that's what you're saying.

46 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

hope this collapses to be honest. Every thing i hate about football is summed up by chelsea. I don’t want to play their little games, I don’t want their cast offs or dodgy deals to help make psr. It’s cretinous 

The prem is screwed and i don’t care about being in it, as long as we are financially stable and i can watch the football i don’t care. 

Something feels so broken about the game,  we are being forced to sell him, when he doesn’t even really want to leave, purely for artificial reasons. i could stomach it if the rules were working fairly but chelsea can do what they want and sell hotels and use loop holes and nobody blinks, while we are picked apart as a club …. all because we had the audacity to fly too close to the sun. screw it all 

Im pretty sure people switched from calling it financial fair play to psr because there’s nothing fair about it 

KDB and Salah were Chelsea cast offs

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JimJams said:

We ain't getting Carvalho for £10mill if that's what you're saying.

Probably why I said below this paragraph you forgot to add into it the word.

HYPERTHETHICAL

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s financially sensible to sell your own youth even if it is repellent. You also cannot make people who are not needed, leave, but that is totally the clubs fault for offering such high wages.

For reference the players didnt reject the moves, the club did, it was the players and/or their agents that revealed it.

If all you are doing is keeping hold of squad players, and not taking advantage of loopholes in PSR such as selling unused youth players for inflated fees then you just weaken your first team, its not good football nous.

2 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Broja is bloody good.

O'Hare is a great signing especially on a free.

Carvalho was a stand out player whilst on loan at Hull like KDH was for us.

Like O'Hare was for Cov.

If Leicester managed to get that sort of business completed all 3 of those players for potentially £10 Million whilst receiving 30 Million for KDH would be the best transfer window for Leicester in almost a decade.

That's a Fact.

It's about balancing the books now 

O'Hare is average at best.

Carvalho will end up being a Journey man as he's just not that good.

Broja will be a top championship player. 

Really don't think that adds up to the best window in 10 years 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

And how do you get them all for £10m 

Carvalho will he almost double that alone and then you have wages and agents fees. 

You need to go back to Football manager or back to sleep.

Edited by themightyfin

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Are you not paying attention? He said it’s a fact……. ;)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

As long as we clear our PSR requirements for the championship season, it doesn't really matter too much about the fee. 

We tend to get wrapped up in what a fair price is. What matters is getting the cash in so that if/when we get relegated the Football League can't have our pants down.

Doesn't really matter if the fee is £25m or £35m. As long as it is "enough” to keep the accountants happy then fine.

If we get more value from picking up players like broja which helps Chelsea than by demanding an extra 10m then do it. 

I don't care that it's Chelsea. We have to get this deal done so we can move on. Frankly we are more likely to get a good part-ex off of those lunatics than Brighton.

100% correct 

56 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

That is exactly how PSR has shaped things and exactly why the PL is now monitoring "good faith" deals between clubs that exploit it. You can't get profit off any deadwood players unless you get a United buying a Maguire or Man City taking a Mahrez. 

I'm prepared for the most Jon Rudkin/Leicester City situation imaginable - i.e, we sell him for a shit fee, pick up some injury prone duffer the other way in part exchange (on a 5 year deal, grossly inflated wages so we can't bin them off in future until their inevitable 2029 Bosman exit, naturally) and the transfer ends up going through on Monday instead of Sunday, meaning we can't declare it in the 2023-24 accounts and still fail Championship PSR when we get relegated.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

I'm prepared for the most Jon Rudkin/Leicester City situation imaginable - i.e, we sell him for a shit fee, pick up some injury prone duffer the other way in part exchange (on a 5 year deal, grossly inflated wages so we can't bin them off in future until their inevitable 2029 Bosman exit, naturally) and the transfer ends up going through on Monday instead of Sunday, meaning we can't declare it in the 2023-24 accounts and still fail Championship PSR when we get relegated.

Dont

30 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

I'd love to sell John Rudkin for a shit fee.. or at least sell the table that his feet are under to one of the 2nd hand shops on The Narb or Braunie Gate, although I guess I'd also need need a time machine for that..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

This is what enables us to invest into the squad…… we used to be good at it until Rodgers sabotaged us. 

We need to go back trying to find the rough diamonds at lower level and selling them on. If we become Chelsea's feeder club permanently so be it. Only way we can survive at Prem level. 

12 minutes ago, foxsake said:

I'd love to sell John Rudkin for a shit fee.. or at least sell the table that his feet are under to one of the 2nd hand shops on The Narb or Braunie Gate, although I guess I'd also need need a time machine for that..

Was on my way to a game in the relegation season, and was walking past that Winstones 2nd Hand shop on Narborough Road. Saw a slightly worse for wear looking fella approach the "Free stuff" table outside the store. He picked up a bottle of spirits that was on the table, took a look at it, swore and put it down and walked off. As I went past, I took a look. It said it was Alcohol free Ouzo. Top trolling. lol

• Haha 1